Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees

Go down 
+71
Required Fields
muckie
assault_attack
MoonChild
the sentinel
Vexer6
Glower
Sword Of The Heretic
stormspell
Metal Misfit
iamrockerfun
bassman
MetallicSeminarian
bass63
ElectricEye93
Short-Fuse
Thelemech
journeyman
QuothTheRaven
Tur-Thalion
corplhicks
akeldama
Boris2008
Hadley
SpectreFate
Shawn Of Fire
chewie
nevermore
messiaen77
Orion Crystal Ice
ZombieHavoc
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
jstate
Red Kitty
Grimmo
stpatrik
Wurthless
exact33
Sutekh
ShadowAngel
Dark Horseman
The_Jayroh
James B.
MetalFRO
snooloui
Temple of Blood
JBall_Z
sheets
spiritoradio
Leatherface
mr.electric39
rattpoison
Addy
metalinmyveins
Troublezone
Schbopo
mc666
Svengo
Fat Freddy
kmorg
Mglaffas81
scottmitchell74
manny
DeathCult
T-Roy
tohostudios
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
Dave the Boss
thejokeriv
75 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees Empty
PostSubject: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 10:51 am

Just announced: There are 12 nominees up for induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum.
They are: ABBA, Darlene Love, Donna Summer, Genesis, Jimmy Cliff, KISS, Laura Nyro, LL Cool J, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Chantels, The Hollies, and The Stooges.
Only five will be selected to be inducted on March 15 at the Waldorf Astoria in New York City. To be eligible, an act must have released its first single or album at least 25 years prior to the year of nomination. This year’s nominees had to release their first single no later than 1984.
Which five do you think will make the cut?
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 10:52 am

KISS, KISS, KISS, KISS and...... KISS.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 10:54 am

Rock and Roll = Donna Summer? ABBA?

Kiss should have been inducted years ago.

Genesis is a good inclusion.

Red Hot Chili Peppers? BLECH! If these guys get in before KISS, Alice Cooper, Thin Lizzy...

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 10:56 am

Quote :
Laura Nyro

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laura_Nyro

Hmmmmmm, considdering the list of the folks that are NOT in the RnR HoF yet, is this gal really worthy?

Last edited by MetalGuy71 on Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 10:59 am

I can't believe KISS finally made the ballot...they'll get in. How were The Stooges or Genesis not nominated years ago?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 11:00 am

In addition to Kiss and Genesis, I think The Hollies and The Stooges are good selections.

I think the HoF should use the same criterion that sports HoFs use; the inductees must be out of the business for at least 5 years before they are eligible. How the hell does RHCP merit nomination?

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 11:02 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I can't believe KISS finally made the ballot...they'll get in. How were The Stooges or Genesis not nominated years ago?

Maybe not. The guy that owns Rolling Stone magazine (Jann Werner) has some sort of grudge againt KISS and he's one of the main guys with the HoF. I would be very surprised if KISS gets in, especially if this is their 1st time on the ballot.

Last edited by MetalGuy71 on Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 11:08 am

Quote :
How the hell does RHCP merit nomination?

While I'm not a fan, I can see how they could be nominated. They blazed a trail in the whole rap-rock genre, created their own unique, recognizable sound and sold millions of albums. And, going back on another post, they were always pretty tight with Rolling Stone magazine and favorable with the critics. I think that plays a HUGE part in the nomination process.

Now, all that said, I believe that there are still plenty other groups that should be in the HoF before the Peppers.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 11:14 am

ultmetal wrote:
Rock and Roll = Donna Summer? ABBA?

Kiss should have been inducted years ago.

Genesis is a good inclusion.

Red Hot Chili Peppers? BLECH! If these guys get in before KISS, Alice Cooper, Thin Lizzy...
Agreed on all points. Chili Peppers!!?? Makes me sick they'd even get a vote!!!

LL Cool J!!??? **looks for the nearest bridge to jump off of**
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 11:16 am

I read on blabbermouth the the KISS ballot list KISS as Paul, Gene, Ace and Peter!!!!!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 11:19 am

Of course, where is Maiden, Priest, etc, etc?
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 11:21 am

smurfing ABBA?!! WE'RE DOOMED!
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 11:22 am

tohostudios wrote:

Because they were/are an original, innovative band who've influenced countless other bands and sold a ton of records. I'm not a fan, but facts are facts...they absolutely deserve a nomination, IMO.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 11:24 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
Laura Nyro

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laura_Nyro

Hmmmmmm, considdering the list of the folks that are NOT in the RnR HoF yet, is this gal really worthy?

Yes she should be in Rock N Roll Hall fo Fame IMO humble opinion, she was a very important artists in the early 70's. Like a lot of artists she should be in the Hall years ago.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 11:26 am

thejokeriv wrote:
I read on blabbermouth the the KISS ballot list KISS as Paul, Gene, Ace and Peter!!!!!

That wouldn't surprise me. When all is said and done, all 4 of those guys seem pretty civil towards each other. I don' recall them being too vicious about one another. Even when Ace & Peter got the boot, Gene was brutally honest about it ("they were drunks who couldn't perform") and looking back over the years, Ace & Peter own up to that.

The real question would be "Is Vinnie Vincent invited on stage?" The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees Icon_lol

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 11:27 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Because they were/are an original, innovative band who've influenced countless other bands and sold a ton of records. I'm not a fan, but facts are facts...they absolutely deserve a nomination, IMO.

I agree - the bands that should get in are KISS, RHCP, Genesis, The Stooges. Not familiar with Laura Nyro, but based on Manny's comments, she would be my 5th pick
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 11:27 am

I lived/grew up in Ohio and had every opportunity to go to this place. Never seemed like it would be a good time and in fact would bother me.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 11:33 am

Rolling Stone magazine have never liked heavy metal, in recent years they have started praising Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin and AC/DC, but back in the 70's they gave these bands terrible reviews and bascially called fans of any of these bands stupid for even liking them.

I am surprised that KISS have even been nominated, Dave Marsh, a snobby know it critic hates KISS and Alice Cooper. Also Jan Werner, also hates KISS, despite the fact that the band has been citied as an influence by one Kurt Cobain, who recoreded a few KISS cover tunes as a tribute to the band not a piss take.

I am also surprised Genesis is on the ballot, but the only thing Rolling Stone magazine hates more than heavy metal is Genesis and prog rock.

As far as Abba, they definitley deserved to be nominated into R n R Hall of Shame.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 11:44 am

Judging from the list of nominees, I'll make this prediction:

Who will make the list:
Genesis
The Hollies
Darlene Love
Donna Summer
Laura Nyro

Who should make the list:
KISS
Genesis
The Stooges
Darlene Love
The Chantels

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 11:56 am

manny wrote:
the only thing Rolling Stone magazine hates more than heavy metal is Genesis and prog rock.

QFT
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 12:00 pm

ARGH!!!!!! I hate stupid gimmicks like this. Madonna? LL Cool J? It's ROCK N ROLL......I don't care how influential an artist is, if they ain't rock, DO NOT include them. Oh well, at least it ain't as rediculous as the Grammy Awards.....
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 12:31 pm

ABBA is probably the most influental band of all of those, So if they're gonna include pop music, as they've done many times before, then ABBA is an obvious choice.

Glad to see that KISS is finally nominated.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37632

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 12:37 pm

Nice to see KISS finally being considered at the very least. Time will tell if they get in.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 1:21 pm

I can understand ABBA more then Cool J. But the whole thing is a joke and I don't care that much.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 1:27 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

I DON'T EVEN KNOW YOU ANYMORE!! Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees
Page 1 of 18Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next