Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rock N Roll Hall of Fame nominees

Go down 
+12
XYZ
metalinmyveins
rattpoison
Schbopo
thejokeriv
DeathCult
MetalGuy71
scottmitchell74
mc666
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
manny
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Rock N Roll Hall of Fame nominees Empty
PostSubject: Rock N Roll Hall of Fame nominees   Rock N Roll Hall of Fame nominees Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 12:48 pm

Here is the list newest Rock N Roll Hall of Shame nominees they got a few right Metallica, The Stooges, and Jeff Beck

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2008/09/22/metallica-the-stooges-run-dmc-lead-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-nominees/

Why haven't Deep Purple, Alice Cooper, UFO, and Kiss been nominated or even placed in the hall of fame, they have had a huge impact on modern music, what about Judas Priest? I could go on.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37632

PostSubject: Re: Rock N Roll Hall of Fame nominees   Rock N Roll Hall of Fame nominees Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 12:53 pm

Geez, it really has been 25 years since Metallica's first album hasn't it?? Wow, I feel like I should be using a walker and wearing Depends or somethin'.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Rock N Roll Hall of Fame nominees   Rock N Roll Hall of Fame nominees Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 1:03 pm

It's a complete joke that Alice Cooper, Deep Purple and Kiss are not already in the RnR Hall of Fame. Absolutely ridiculous that Madonna, Jackson Browne, The Stooges, Run DMC and even Michael Jackson are in the ROCK AND ROLL Hall of Fame before Kiss.

Shoot, there may not have even been a Van Halen if it wasn't for Gene Simmons.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Rock N Roll Hall of Fame nominees   Rock N Roll Hall of Fame nominees Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 1:27 pm

ultmetal wrote:
It's a complete joke that Alice Cooper, Deep Purple and Kiss are not already in the RnR Hall of Fame.
don't forget about Priest. metal wouldn't be what it is today without them.

scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Rock N Roll Hall of Fame nominees   Rock N Roll Hall of Fame nominees Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 1:38 pm

Quote :
It's a complete joke that Alice Cooper, Deep Purple and Kiss are not already in the RnR Hall of Fame. Absolutely ridiculous that Madonna, Jackson Browne, The Stooges, Run DMC and even Michael Jackson are in the ROCK AND ROLL Hall of Fame before Kiss.

Shoot, there may not have even been a Van Halen if it wasn't for Gene Simmons.

That's why even though I used to live in the area....and could have....I never went. I've gone to the Pro Football HOF in Canton 10 times.....but the R&R HOF is lame and a joke. I'll pass.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Rock N Roll Hall of Fame nominees   Rock N Roll Hall of Fame nominees Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 1:51 pm

Does anyone really care about this anymore? And I don't mean you, Manny for posting the topic. I mean the RnR HoF in general? Does anyone besides VH-1 get juiced about this?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Rock N Roll Hall of Fame nominees   Rock N Roll Hall of Fame nominees Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 1:54 pm

I hate the fact that say Madonna and REM have gotten into the RnR Hall of Fame before Alice Cooper, Judas Priest, and Deep Purple. I am not saying that either Madonna or REM are unworthy to be in the Hall, I believe both Madonna and REM belong in the Hall, but the bands I mentioned Alice and Deep Purple for example are the cornerstones of metal, an art form that has lasted 40 years and who's impact is greater than most of the artist that are in the Hall.
The only thing I can think of is that snobby rock critics donot consider those bands worthy of the honor, where the other metal artist such as Black Sabbath, AC/DC, Van Halen and Led Zeppelin have all in the least few years have been receiving critics praise where alot of bands have not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rock N Roll Hall of Fame nominees   Rock N Roll Hall of Fame nominees Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 1:56 pm

I don't know, I'm a little stiff right now.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Rock N Roll Hall of Fame nominees   Rock N Roll Hall of Fame nominees Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 2:20 pm

Then put the Madonna album down dude.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37632

PostSubject: Re: Rock N Roll Hall of Fame nominees   Rock N Roll Hall of Fame nominees Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 2:21 pm

Madonna was hot back in the day.

That's all I got.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Rock N Roll Hall of Fame nominees   Rock N Roll Hall of Fame nominees Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 2:57 pm

This hall of fame is an even bigger joke than rolling stone magazine
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rock N Roll Hall of Fame nominees   Rock N Roll Hall of Fame nominees Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 4:26 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Madonna was hot back in the day.

That's all I got.

Yep. I became a man because of her and Penthouse magazine. Smile
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Rock N Roll Hall of Fame nominees   Rock N Roll Hall of Fame nominees Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 5:13 pm

ultmetal wrote:
The Stooges,

Don't mess with Iggy
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Rock N Roll Hall of Fame nominees   Rock N Roll Hall of Fame nominees Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 1:02 am

ultmetal wrote:
Absolutely ridiculous that...The Stooges...in the ROCK AND ROLL Hall of Fame before Kiss.

Their not in it yet but The Stooges should have been in it as soon as they were eligible (1994), try and name a band that has had as much impact on the evolution and inspiration of rock n' roll as the Stooges have post Stones, Beatles, 60's etc.

The New York Dolls should be in before Kiss...but the Alice Cooper Band should have been inducted years ago.

But the whole thing is a farce anyway, rock n' roll shouldn't be about being put in a museum.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Rock N Roll Hall of Fame nominees   Rock N Roll Hall of Fame nominees Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 9:43 am

Why aren't Iggy Pop and the Stooges in the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame? These critics are silly clueless morons I bet Culture Club will be inducted before Alice Cooper and Kiss
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Rock N Roll Hall of Fame nominees   Rock N Roll Hall of Fame nominees Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 12:14 pm

Here is New York/TV host Eddie Trunk's take on R N R Hall of Fame:

Everyone asking for my yearly rant about the R&R Hall Of Shame and the names announced for this year. I'll save it for the radio but as usual it's a farce who has been ignored. Rush, Alice Cooper, Kiss, Deep Purple, Judas Priest and Iron Maiden completely ignored year after year. Total joke not worth typing any more about! Of course Metallica deserves it but it remains a total sham when the previous bands are not even considered BEFORE Metallica!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rock N Roll Hall of Fame nominees   Rock N Roll Hall of Fame nominees Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 12:18 pm

manny wrote:
Here is New York/TV host Eddie Trunk's take on R N R Hall of Fame:

Everyone asking for my yearly rant about the R&R Hall Of Shame and the names announced for this year. I'll save it for the radio but as usual it's a farce who has been ignored. Rush, Alice Cooper, Kiss, Deep Purple, Judas Priest and Iron Maiden completely ignored year after year. Total joke not worth typing any more about! Of course Metallica deserves it but it remains a total sham when the previous bands are not even considered BEFORE Metallica!

Amen Eddie...
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Rock N Roll Hall of Fame nominees   Rock N Roll Hall of Fame nominees Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 2:31 pm

Hey guys, it's not just the Rock 'N' Roll Hall of Fame that can't get it right. You've got the MLB Hall of Fame, who still hasn't put in Bert Blyleven (27th all time with 287 wins, & 5th all time with 3,701 k's), Tommy John (26th all time with 286 wins). This is some of the ridiculousness this goes on inside for baseball writers across the country. The same thing also happens in the NFL, and other sports.

I don't know what else the nominating comittee uses as criteria outside of having to have had your first album come out after a quarter of a century, but it sounds like we probably have a bunch of hacks making the decisions. I love all types of music, so I was excited to see the likes of "Frankie Lymon & The Teenagers" and the such, but I don't consider them ground breaking. I think it's sad that the metal community takes a back door to the muscians who are ultimately selected.

Of those bands/artists who are eligible right now and have been bantered around when it comes to who should be in, this is what I believe...

Only a matter of time before they get in: (within next 5 years)

Kiss
Rush
Ozzy Osbourne

Will struggle to get inducted, due to writers/media ineptitude...

Iron Maiden
Alice Cooper
Scorpions
Motley Crue
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Rock N Roll Hall of Fame nominees   Rock N Roll Hall of Fame nominees Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 4:39 pm

Rush will probably never get in, sadly. These voters are idiots for not having Deep Purple in there. angry
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Rock N Roll Hall of Fame nominees   Rock N Roll Hall of Fame nominees Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 4:46 pm

xyz wrote:
Rush will probably never get in, sadly. These voters are idiots for not having Deep Purple in there. angry

Rush have been receiving critical acclaim by mainstream press, and Rolling Stone even did a feature lengthy article on them, and to think it took Rolling Stone only 34 years to acknowledge Rush as an important influential band.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Rock N Roll Hall of Fame nominees   Rock N Roll Hall of Fame nominees Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 7:43 pm

Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame interests me about as much as Rolling Stone. It may have been something back in the day, but it has become a joke, just like RS.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Rock N Roll Hall of Fame nominees   Rock N Roll Hall of Fame nominees Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 11:30 pm

Run DMC is beyond rock n roll, it's badass grindcore.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Rock N Roll Hall of Fame nominees   Rock N Roll Hall of Fame nominees Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 11:35 am

mc666 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
It's a complete joke that Alice Cooper, Deep Purple and Kiss are not already in the RnR Hall of Fame.
don't forget about Priest. metal wouldn't be what it is today without them.

Excellent points, mc and ult. The thing I have found out, after doing some reading up on the R and R Hall of Fame is that the bands nominated and inducted are voted on by three people and all previous inductees are reflective of the tastes of these three people (two guys and a girl) instead of talent level, record sales, musical and cultural impact, etc. Peace.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Rock N Roll Hall of Fame nominees   Rock N Roll Hall of Fame nominees Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 11:36 am

There needs to be a Heavy Metal Hall of Fame!!! 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rock N Roll Hall of Fame nominees   Rock N Roll Hall of Fame nominees Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 11:36 am

the sentinel wrote:
There needs to be a Heavy Metal Hall of Fame!!! 🤘

Just as long as VH1 has nothing to do with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rock N Roll Hall of Fame nominees   Rock N Roll Hall of Fame nominees Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rock N Roll Hall of Fame nominees
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next