Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees

Go down 
+71
Required Fields
muckie
assault_attack
MoonChild
the sentinel
Vexer6
Glower
Sword Of The Heretic
stormspell
Metal Misfit
iamrockerfun
bassman
MetallicSeminarian
bass63
ElectricEye93
Short-Fuse
Thelemech
journeyman
QuothTheRaven
Tur-Thalion
corplhicks
akeldama
Boris2008
Hadley
SpectreFate
Shawn Of Fire
chewie
nevermore
messiaen77
Orion Crystal Ice
ZombieHavoc
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
jstate
Red Kitty
Grimmo
stpatrik
Wurthless
exact33
Sutekh
ShadowAngel
Dark Horseman
The_Jayroh
James B.
MetalFRO
snooloui
Temple of Blood
JBall_Z
sheets
spiritoradio
Leatherface
mr.electric39
rattpoison
Addy
metalinmyveins
Troublezone
Schbopo
mc666
Svengo
Fat Freddy
kmorg
Mglaffas81
scottmitchell74
manny
DeathCult
T-Roy
tohostudios
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
Dave the Boss
thejokeriv
75 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 1:30 pm

As I've said on similar threads involving the RnR HOF, this organization is pretty worthless. It's a business plain and simple and is going to induct whoever they think the public at large likes with the occasional less well known artist inducted to supposedly keep up their "street-cred".
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 2:06 pm

it's always funny when people go on about how worthless the RnR HoF is, yet spend so much time complaining about the choices they make. who cares really?

Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 4:32 pm

ABBA sucks.

that is all.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 4:37 pm

How do some of these artists get considered Rock n Roll? Donna Summer, LL Cool J...

It pisses me off how the obvious choices take many years to get inducted but non-rock gets in easy.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 5:14 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Just announced: There are 12 nominees up for induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum.
They are: ABBA, Darlene Love, Donna Summer, Genesis, Jimmy Cliff, KISS, Laura Nyro, LL Cool J, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Chantels, The Hollies, and The Stooges.
Only five will be selected to be inducted on March 15 at the Waldorf Astoria in New York City. To be eligible, an act must have released its first single or album at least 25 years prior to the year of nomination. This year’s nominees had to release their first single no later than 1984.
Which five do you think will make the cut?

If it was my ballot, it would be:

1. KISS
2. Genesis
3. The Hollies
4. The Stooges
5. The Chantels

I think with Metallica's induction, and the fact that they more or less headlined this past year's nominees, I think KISS will keep the momentum going. That being said, I think this means the Stooges have no shot this year. I think Genesis is a shoe-in, even if most within the committee doesn't know that Peter Gabriel was the original front man. I love the Hollies, and I have a soft spot for the Chantels, who have one of my favorite Doo Wop hits of all time, in that of "Look In My Eyes".

Who it will probably be:

1. ABBA
2. Genesis
3. Donna Summer
4. The Hollies
5. KISS ( I think the committee will do the right thing, but KISS will be the odd band out, if someone like RHCP gets in, WHICH...would be a travesty since this is their first year of eligibility.

On a side note, if Donna Summer and KISS are actually inducted together, maybe Gene and Donna can get up and sing "Burning Up With Fever".
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 5:20 pm

I like that KISS, Genesis, and the Stooges are up, and I can even understand RHCP, even though I'm not much of a fan. Hell, I even kinda get ABBA's nomination.

....but LL Cool J? Didn't Mama say to knock him out?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 5:36 pm

I think the Stooges will get in, because of they are major influence and now adays music critics fall all over themselves to praise Iggy Pop and his Stooges.

I personally think that Iggy Pop (with or without the Stooges) should have been in the Hall a long time ago.

For ratings they really need KISS and Genesis, because not alot of folks are going to tune to see Donna Summer or LL Cool J.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 11:02 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Just announced: There are 12 nominees up for induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum.
They are: ABBA, Darlene Love, Donna Summer, Genesis, Jimmy Cliff, KISS, Laura Nyro, LL Cool J, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Chantels, The Hollies, and The Stooges.
Only five will be selected to be inducted on March 15 at the Waldorf Astoria in New York City. To be eligible, an act must have released its first single or album at least 25 years prior to the year of nomination. This year’s nominees had to release their first single no later than 1984.
Which five do you think will make the cut?

Gotta give KISS their props so theyd get my vote, Genesis, RHCP, The Chantels and the Stooges
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 11:25 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
Laura Nyro

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laura_Nyro

Hmmmmmm, considdering the list of the folks that are NOT in the RnR HoF yet, is this gal really worthy?

If i was drinking coffee i would sprayed it all over my keyboard.

Should she be in? Yes, Yes and Yes.

Personally one of thee greatest artists ever, in my top 5 for sure. Her music is like the break and accelerator pushed at the same time!

And say what you want about Donna Summer people, but she changed music forever with one song...........