Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees

Go down 
+71
Required Fields
muckie
assault_attack
MoonChild
the sentinel
Vexer6
Glower
Sword Of The Heretic
stormspell
Metal Misfit
iamrockerfun
bassman
MetallicSeminarian
bass63
ElectricEye93
Short-Fuse
Thelemech
journeyman
QuothTheRaven
Tur-Thalion
corplhicks
akeldama
Boris2008
Hadley
SpectreFate
Shawn Of Fire
chewie
nevermore
messiaen77
Orion Crystal Ice
ZombieHavoc
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
jstate
Red Kitty
Grimmo
stpatrik
Wurthless
exact33
Sutekh
ShadowAngel
Dark Horseman
The_Jayroh
James B.
MetalFRO
snooloui
Temple of Blood
JBall_Z
sheets
spiritoradio
Leatherface
mr.electric39
rattpoison
Addy
metalinmyveins
Troublezone
Schbopo
mc666
Svengo
Fat Freddy
kmorg
Mglaffas81
scottmitchell74
manny
DeathCult
T-Roy
tohostudios
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
Dave the Boss
thejokeriv
75 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 9:00 am

Hadley wrote:
Its a shame that Rolling Stone is still around while Sounds (which was kind of like the British equivalent to RS) is long gone. Heck, Sounds put Maiden on the cover BEFORE the first album came out, can you see RS doing that?

Considering they have never had Iron Maiden on any of their covers, the answer is no.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 9:10 am

Reading Rolling Stone for music content is like reading People for political content. It might be in there somewhere, but the sources & commentary are usually laughable.

Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 1:04 pm

Hadley wrote:
Its a shame that Rolling Stone is still around while Sounds (which was kind of like the British equivalent to RS) is long gone. Heck, Sounds put Maiden on the cover BEFORE the first album came out, can you see RS doing that?

If I'm not mistaken, Geoff Barton, who I believe wrote album reviews for Sounds magazine, is now the editor-at-large for Classic Rock magazine, one the best music magazines available these days.

Btw, I'm glad to see Rush and Heart have finally made it in to the RNRHOF. Both bands deserve accolades.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 1:12 pm

JBall_Z wrote:
Hadley wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, Geoff Barton, who I believe wrote album reviews for Sounds magazine, is now the editor-at-large for Classic Rock magazine, one the best music magazines available these days.

Btw, I'm glad to see Rush and Heart have finally made it in to the RNRHOF. Both bands deserve accolades.

You are not mistaken, also a lot of veteran writers of Kerrange and Sounds also write for Classic Rock Magazine
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 10:45 am

Some presenters have been announced...

Quote :
Dave Grohl will induct Rush into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame in April, it’s been announced.

He’ll team up with Foo Fighters bandmate Taylor Hawkins to honour the Canadian trio, who finally made the Rock Hall cut last year.

Eagles man Don Henley will induct Randy Newman on the same night while Gary Clark Jr and John Mayer will lead the tribute to Albert King.

No word yet on who will induct Heart.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 11:05 am

It's an insult to the spirit of Rock & Roll that anyone cares! (The establishment think that you're great yaaaay!) Sleep
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 11:44 am

Boris2008 wrote:
It's an insult to the spirit of Rock & Roll that anyone cares! (The establishment think that you're great yaaaay!) Sleep

I would have to agree with this statement.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 8:26 am

This year's list, one again Deep Purple and KISS pretty much guaranteed to be snubbed

This year's hopefuls:

The Paul Butterfield Blues Band. The Chicago band, powered by Butterfield on harmonica and Mike Bloomfield on guitar, led '60s rock lovers to the wellspring of Willie Dixon, Muddy Waters and Howlin' Wolf.

Chic. With dance-floor classics like Le Freak and Good Times, Nile Rodgers and company gave disco a brilliant, soulful upgrade and influenced generations of pop and rap artists.

Deep Purple. The British quintet, which helped define the heavy metal genre with its organ-driven thick sound and early covers of Hush and Kentucky Woman, hijacked the charts with Smoke On the Water and Woman From Tokyo.

Peter Gabriel. The former Genesis frontman brought funky, synth-infused flavor to hits such as Sledgehammer and Shock the Monkey, but arguably made his biggest impact with the powerful, anti-apartheid anthem Biko.

Hall & Oates. With smooth vocal harmonies soaring over rich, pop-rock melodies, Daryl Hall and John Oates brought rhythm & blues to the top of the charts, scoring smash singles such as I Can't Go for That (No Can Do), Private Eyes and You Make My Dreams.

Kiss. Instantly recognized for their flashy attire and black-and-white face paint, these iconic heavy-metal rockers are best known for their Alive!, Love Gun and Destroyer albums, as well as their reputation for putting on dazzling, pyrotechnic-laden performances.

LL Cool J. Before he appeared on Brad Paisley's Accidental Racist, this New York-bred rapper climbed the charts with his sentimental ballad I Need Love, and went on to influence Michael Jackson.

Nirvana. Led by late singer/guitarist Kurt Cobain, this grunge-rock trio cemented its place in rock history with early '90s hits such as Lithium, Heart-Shaped Box and Smells Like Teen Spirit.

N.W.A. Dr. Dre's ambitious, angry rap group, dubbed The Beatles of hip-hop, electrified fans, stunned city fathers and attracted the FBI's attention with gangsta rap classic F--- Tha Police and aggressive albums Straight Outta Compton and N-----4Life.

Link Wray. Inspiring Eric Clapton, Jimi Hendrix and Bruce Springsteen, the late rocker's 1958 hit Rumble introduced the power chord to future generations of guitarists and musicians.

The Meters.The iconic New Orleans funk ensemble and house band for Allen Toussaint's Sansu label recorded Cissy Strut, Look-Ka Py Py and many tunes with Dr. John.

The Replacements. This Minnesota-bred band never scored a hit single, but they are considered alternative-rock pioneers by many, notably influencing popular punk-rock outfits such as Green Day and the Goo Goo Dolls.

Linda Ronstadt. At the forefront of the folk- and country-rock movements, this full-voiced beauty made a name for herself covering Roy Orbison's Blue Bayou and Betty Everett's You're No Good.

Cat Stevens. One of the biggest-selling artists of the early '70s, the mellow British songsmith crafted introspective, tranquil tunes such as Peace Train, Wild World and The First Cut Is the Deepest.

Yes. Largely responsible for bringing progressive rock to the mainstream, these symphonic, experimental Englishmen are often seen as the forefathers to other beloved, synth-heavy bands such as Rush and Dream Theater.

The Zombies. Famed for hazy vocals accompanied by psychedelic guitar riffs and jazz-inflected electric piano, their Odessey and Oracle album was ranked one of the 100 all-time greatest by Rolling Stone.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 8:40 am

Deep Purple
Peter Gabriel
Hall & Oates
Kiss
Nirvana
The Replacements
Linda Ronstadt
Cat Stevens
Yes

Every one of these deserve to get in.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 9:44 am

The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 9 Kiss300

The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 9 Yes-logo-2

The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 9 Deep-purple-logo

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 10:00 pm

When I voted Kiss had a lead on alot of the others I voted

Kiss
Deep Purple
Nirvana
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 10:05 pm

Yes, Deep Purple and Peter Gabriel would get my vote.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 10:39 pm

I vote Yes, Deep Purple and Link Wray.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 10:53 pm

Kiss more than anything. Why they're not in there remains a mystery to me.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 11:22 pm

My picks would be Deep Purple, N.W.A., Linda Ronstadt, Nirvana, & LL Cool J,

Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 1:59 am

I like Nirvana, Deep Purple, Yes, Chic, N.W.A, Cat Stevens and The Zombies. I'll still like them if they do or do not get in some stupid 'Hall of Fame'
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39603

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 8:48 am

don\'t know 

I'll only make 2 predictions :

1. KISS will not get in (again,although they surely deserve to)

2. Nirvana is a slam dunk surefire entry
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37652

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 9:19 am

Nirvana's a no-brainer. Might as well give them their plaque right now and save everyone a lot of time and trouble.

KISS and Deep Purple will likely cancel each other out (i.e. if one gets in, then the other one won't.)

Linda Ronstadt recently revealed that she's suffering from Parkinson's disease, so she'll get the sympathy vote.

N.W.A. are more bad-ass than LL Cool J, but that may work against them. Besides, LL is better known as an actor nowadays so they might give it to him just to get some "Hollywood" vibe at the awards ceremony.

If they induct Cat Stevens, would he even show up? I was under the impression that he totally renounced his musical endeavors when he got religion years ago.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 12:36 pm

I don't care much one way or the other about the RNR HoF, but NWA and LL Cool J definitely deserve to get in (as does most of the list).

LL Cool J, while his music may have took a pointed turn downward pretty quickly, his first two albums remain to of the best hip hop albums ever. They are THE best two hip hop albums in my list. So creative and ahead of their time. And Cut Creator was a monster DJ. I really feel like, even though most hip hop fans like those first two albums, they still don't get the credit they deserve because of stuff like "Hey Lover". And LL can still do it when he wants to. His song about Canibus back in 98 or so...man, he killed him and that was one of the best rap songs of the past 20 years, easy.

NWA deserves it. They are everything rock n' roll should be. Subversive as hell and genre defining. I don't think as many artists have been hated by kids' parents quite as hard without actually really trying to. Everything they did was solid. And all of the earlier solo stuff from each member was solid. MC Ren's first EP is so good and so underrated...I still don't understand what happened after that, but yeah. I feel like, if they got in, The DOC should also kinda be, like, an honorary recepient too. If only because he was tied to them and he put out a top 5 hip hop album and still for some reason most people barely know who he is.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 1:04 pm

I think everyone nominated deserves a nod to get in, if it was up to me, KISS, Deep Purple, Nirvana, Paul Butterfield Blues Band and NWA

I agree with Freddy, Nirvana is a shoe in
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 1:40 pm

manny wrote:
I think everyone nominated deserves a nod to get in, if it was up to me, KISS, Deep Purple, Nirvana, Paul Butterfield Blues Band and NWA

Agree with both of you - Nirvana is a done deal and already in. The hall voters view Cobain blowing his brains out right up there with the Kennedy (both of them), MLK, and Lennon assassinations. Granted, Nirvana did change popular music and deserve to be in there, but NOT before KISS, Deep Purple, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, UFO, etc.

KISS and Deep Purple SHOULD get in, but will be snubbed. Yes deserves to be in also.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 1:43 pm

manny wrote:

Geez, I thought Manny would want YES to get in. Sad 
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 3:25 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
If they induct Cat Stevens, would he even show up? I was under the impression that he totally renounced his musical endeavors when he got religion years ago.
I think he's calmed down about his music but he might literally not be able to attend because he's on the U.S. no-fly list. IIRC, not too long after he became Yusuf Islam he started ranting like the Ayatollah and calling for Western civilization to burn in hell and such. Maybe he's chilled out about that, too, but I imagine anti-terrorism types aren't inclined to take chances.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 3:50 pm

If Nirvana does get in (and yea, they probably will), it would have been interesting to see Cobain's reaction to this.

Would he be a punk and piss all over the "corporate politics and meaningless accolades" ala John Lydon or would he have mellowed out in his later years and played the game? I guess we'll never know.

And who accepts on his behalf? Certainly Dave and Chris should do the honors, or maybe his daughter Frances, but do you think Courtney Love is gonna let a golden opportunity like that pass her by?

That right there should stir up enough controversy to keep the ceremony in the spotlight.

And if KISS makes it in, I'll eat my hat.

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 4:20 pm

KISS will most likely get in due to the "fan ballot", very much in the same way that RUSH was finally inducted last year, they were far and away the most voted for.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees
Page 9 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next