Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Manny's Rock n Roll Hall of Fame

Go down 
+2
Schbopo
manny
6 posters
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Manny's Rock n Roll Hall of Fame Empty
PostSubject: Manny's Rock n Roll Hall of Fame   Manny's Rock n Roll Hall of Fame Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 5:14 pm

Every year when the nominations come in for the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame, I b!tch about how clueless and stupid they are blah blah blah blah. I will use this thread to tell you who I believe belongs in the Hall of Fame, and I will attempt to limit to hard rock/metal, but I do like lots of other forms of rock genres so I will include them also and for the sake of this silly ass thread we assume that all the early rock pioneers, blues pioneers, The Beatles and Bob Dylan are already in the hall.

I will post two artists a day in alphaptical order, and the qualifactions are that they released their debut album 15 years ago or more and that they ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!

I will post two bands or artists at a time. Most of them I will post in Alpha order but first I need to add bands that the real Hall stupidily ignored.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Manny's Rock n Roll Hall of Fame   Manny's Rock n Roll Hall of Fame Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 5:26 pm

ALICE COOPER:

Manny's Rock n Roll Hall of Fame Alice_Cooper_Group%5B1%5D

How can the R n R Hall of Fame, simply ignore the man, as both a solo artist and as a member of the band Alice Cooper. Alice wrote and performed some of metal's earliest and more induring hits for much of their early 70's, and besides Alice himself the band had the underrated Glen Buxton on guitar, monster rhythm section of drummer Neal Smith and bassist Dennis Dunaway, not to mention Alice's co writer of their best known songs Michael bruce on rhythm. Alice also pioneered the use of rock as more then just playing music but making a theatrical performance a fest for both the eyes and ears. Shame on thoses dumb a$$ at R n R Hall of Fame for ignoring the Coop.

Recommended CD: Killer

Deep Purple

Manny's Rock n Roll Hall of Fame Deep%20Purple

Deep Purple, along with Black Sabbath and Led Zeppelin, where the template for the musical genre that became known as Heavy Metal. Featuring one of greatest guitarist in rock history Ritchie Blackmore, along with vocal god Ian Gillan, these band blasted more ear drums than any band of the early 70's. Classic slabs of early molten metal like 'In Rock', ''Machine head' and 'Burn' belong to any self respecting metal head. Coming up on 42 years the line up may have changed many times but not their dedication to their craft.

Recommended CD: In Rock

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Manny's Rock n Roll Hall of Fame   Manny's Rock n Roll Hall of Fame Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 5:33 pm

KISS

Manny's Rock n Roll Hall of Fame Kiss_band3

Leaving out KISS is just plain dumb, love 'em or hate'em, one cannot deny their impact. KISS have influenced so many artists. Nothing I can add about the band that has not been said many many times before.

Recommended: Creatures of the Night
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Manny's Rock n Roll Hall of Fame   Manny's Rock n Roll Hall of Fame Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 7:51 pm

Agreed on all accounts. I can actually kinda understand the exclusion of Alice Cooper, despite being a fan, but KISS and Deep Purple deserve to be in for sure.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Manny's Rock n Roll Hall of Fame   Manny's Rock n Roll Hall of Fame Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 8:21 pm

Nice thread!!!!!!! headbanger
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Manny's Rock n Roll Hall of Fame   Manny's Rock n Roll Hall of Fame Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 1:44 am

Schbopo wrote:
Agreed on all accounts. I can actually kinda understand the exclusion of Alice Cooper, despite being a fan, but KISS and Deep Purple deserve to be in for sure.

Why? I reckon i'd put the Alice Cooper Band in before any of the names mentioned so far, if Black Sabbath and the Stooges are in why not the ACB?
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Manny's Rock n Roll Hall of Fame   Manny's Rock n Roll Hall of Fame Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 2:51 am

So the R&R HOF criteria is that the band has to have a debut album that came out 25+ years ago right? Since Metallica has made it, how about Megadeth, Slayer, and Anthrax? If one of the Big Four goes in, they all go in. What about Judas Priest and Iron Maiden? This institution is a joke, why bother?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Manny's Rock n Roll Hall of Fame   Manny's Rock n Roll Hall of Fame Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 9:06 am

Go Manny, go!!
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: Manny's Rock n Roll Hall of Fame   Manny's Rock n Roll Hall of Fame Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 10:29 am

Metal and hard rock has always been slighted by the Hall of Fame. Not sure why. If you look at the list of inductees, the number of punk musicians far outweighs the metal and hard rock inductees. If a musician has been politically motivated, they will always get the nod. Most metal musicians are not political in their music. Too many people think "80s hair bands" when they hear the word "metal" and write the genre off as a lightweight fad from days gone by and don't consider the impact that true metal has had.

Manny I agree with your picks thus far. All three of the group mentioned have had far-reaching impact beyond the gates of metal!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Manny's Rock n Roll Hall of Fame   Manny's Rock n Roll Hall of Fame Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 1:18 pm

ACCEPT:

Manny's Rock n Roll Hall of Fame Accept

I always felt that this band's contributions to heavy metal have been overlooked. Featuring the blistering and sometimes classical influences of Wolf Hoffman and vocal attack of Udo Dirkschendier. The band was also not afraid to take on political subject matters on various songs and wrote of the best classicals of traditional metal in the 80's.

recommened CD: Restless and Wild

AC/DC:

Manny's Rock n Roll Hall of Fame Ac-dc-20050511-39390

Yes I know AC/DC belong to the R n R Hall of Fame, but this place will be about 100x cooler, a place Bon Scott would gladly donate his liver to.

recommended CD: Highway to Hell
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Manny's Rock n Roll Hall of Fame   Manny's Rock n Roll Hall of Fame Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Manny's Rock n Roll Hall of Fame
Page 1 of 1