Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best hair metal guitarist

Go down 
+20
shamgar75
Onkel Ben
Dave the Boss
Lari
Schbopo
sam
James B.
thejokeriv
XYZ
Thrasher73
DeathCult
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
manny
metalhead777
Smindas
INVADERS
Leatherface
mc666
Troublezone
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Pick
1. George Lynch
Best hair metal guitarist Vote_lcap60%Best hair metal guitarist Vote_rcap
 60% [ 15 ]
2. Warren Demartini
Best hair metal guitarist Vote_lcap20%Best hair metal guitarist Vote_rcap
 20% [ 5 ]
3. Reb Beach
Best hair metal guitarist Vote_lcap20%Best hair metal guitarist Vote_rcap
 20% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 25

AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Best hair metal guitarist Empty
PostSubject: Best hair metal guitarist   Best hair metal guitarist Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 3:50 am

Choose or add your own pick.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Best hair metal guitarist   Best hair metal guitarist Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 3:58 am

Michael Angelo Batio

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Best hair metal guitarist   Best hair metal guitarist Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 6:06 am

mc666 wrote:
Michael Angelo Batio

I forgot about him.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Best hair metal guitarist   Best hair metal guitarist Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 6:46 am

Lynch.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Best hair metal guitarist   Best hair metal guitarist Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 6:50 am

Leatherface wrote:
Lynch.

Mr. Scary! 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best hair metal guitarist   Best hair metal guitarist Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 7:27 am

I am tempted to get into the "what is and is not Hair Metal" discussion with this one, but I won't...

IMO, the best guitarist on that list is Lynch, but the others are certainly no slouches...
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Best hair metal guitarist   Best hair metal guitarist Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 7:32 am

Quote :

I am tempted to get into the "what is and is not Hair Metal" discussion with this one, but I won't...

Be my guest...
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Best hair metal guitarist   Best hair metal guitarist Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 7:36 am

George Lynch by far
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Best hair metal guitarist   Best hair metal guitarist Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 8:03 am

This topic is sorely lacking Paul Gilbert and Andy Timmons.

Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Best hair metal guitarist   Best hair metal guitarist Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 8:09 am

Oz Fox from stryper!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Best hair metal guitarist   Best hair metal guitarist Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 8:21 am

I choose George Lynch, and I was going to say that Dokken does not belong in the air metal catagory blah blah and then I remembered this album cover.

Best hair metal guitarist Dokken_-_Under_Lock_and_Key
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best hair metal guitarist   Best hair metal guitarist Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 8:22 am

Lynch for me as well, but all 3 are great musicians
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Best hair metal guitarist   Best hair metal guitarist Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 8:45 am

Tony Palacios (Guardian)

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Best hair metal guitarist   Best hair metal guitarist Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 8:58 am

ultmetal wrote:
Tony Palacios (Guardian)

Yeah his work on Bottle Rocket rules. Razz

Last edited by Troublezone on Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best hair metal guitarist   Best hair metal guitarist Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 9:06 am

I voted for George.

...with honorable mention to Vito from White Lion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best hair metal guitarist   Best hair metal guitarist Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 9:25 am

manny wrote:
I choose George Lynch, and I was going to say that Dokken does not belong in the air metal catagory blah blah and then I remembered this album cover.

Physical image is one thing, music is another...musically speaking, they were not "Hair Metal"...neither was Skid Row or Tesla or Whitesnake or Cinderella or White Lion or Extreme or Winger or Loudness...on a musical level, these bands were rich and well executed.

I consider "Hair Metal" to be the over-the-top physical image coupled with shallow, meaningless music like Poison or Pretty Boy Floyd or Motley Crue or Tuff or Nitro...on a musical level these bands were shallow, sloppy and were more concerned with being "rock stars" than making music...
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Best hair metal guitarist   Best hair metal guitarist Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 9:34 am

100% agree with your defintion of what hair metal is, and that is why I never thought Dokken and other two bands you mentioned belonged in that catagory, but as someone said most people listen with their eyes not their ears.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Best hair metal guitarist   Best hair metal guitarist Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 9:36 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
manny wrote:

Physical image is one thing, music is another...musically speaking, they were not "Hair Metal"...neither was Skid Row or Tesla or Whitesnake or Cinderella or White Lion or Extreme or Winger or Loudness...on a musical level, these bands were rich and well executed.

I consider "Hair Metal" to be the over-the-top physical image coupled with shallow, meaningless music like Poison or Pretty Boy Floyd or Motley Crue or Tuff or Nitro...on a musical level these bands were shallow, sloppy and were more concerned with being "rock stars" than making music...

To me hair metal is a band with a "teased" image and catering lyrically to girls. Smile
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Best hair metal guitarist   Best hair metal guitarist Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 9:42 am

I'm on the fence with Dokken... i guess technically they're not.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Best hair metal guitarist   Best hair metal guitarist Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 9:55 am

Off that list, I picked Warren. I'm not even the biggest Ratt fan, but for whatever reason, I just dig that guy. George & Reb are no slouches either.

Paul Gilbert is a good suggestion too. Good call, Smindas.

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Best hair metal guitarist   Best hair metal guitarist Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 10:03 am

Vinnie Vincent over all. From that list George Lynch, but before him Id have to go with Michael Angel Batio, that guys great too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: Best hair metal guitarist   Best hair metal guitarist Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 10:05 am

Back in the 80's there used to be a term called "pop metal", which was what was generally used for bands like Dokken, White Lion, etc. I have no problem with using that label because it doesn't have the negative connotations that are associated with the term hair metal.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Best hair metal guitarist   Best hair metal guitarist Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 10:07 am

mc666 wrote:
Michael Angelo Batio

Good call MC.

From that list I went with Demartini
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Best hair metal guitarist   Best hair metal guitarist Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 10:23 am

detuned wrote:
Back in the 80's there used to be a term called "pop metal", which was what was generally used for bands like Dokken, White Lion, etc. I have no problem with using that label because it doesn't have the negative connotations that are associated with the term hair metal.

I actually agree with you but when i would use that term people nowadays don't know what i'm talking about.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Best hair metal guitarist   Best hair metal guitarist Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 10:26 am

Quote :
Paul Gilbert is a good suggestion too. Good call, Smindas.

When i think of Paul Gilbert i think of Racer X not Mr. Big and Racer X was real metal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best hair metal guitarist   Best hair metal guitarist Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best hair metal guitarist
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next