Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who is the best hair metal guitarist?

Go down 
+21
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
brokentulsa
James B.
corplhicks
the sentinel
Thelemech
metalinmyveins
Troublezone
Thrasher73
Boris2008
Glower
Dark Horseman
Witchfinder
Eyesore
martinsane
Temple of Blood
Gilbert
Lari
MetalGuy71
Big Rich
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reb Beach
Who is the best hair metal guitarist?  Vote_lcap0%Who is the best hair metal guitarist?  Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Warren Demartini
Who is the best hair metal guitarist?  Vote_lcap15%Who is the best hair metal guitarist?  Vote_rcap
 15% [ 4 ]
Mick Mars
Who is the best hair metal guitarist?  Vote_lcap8%Who is the best hair metal guitarist?  Vote_rcap
 8% [ 2 ]
Vito Bratta
Who is the best hair metal guitarist?  Vote_lcap4%Who is the best hair metal guitarist?  Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Oz Fox
Who is the best hair metal guitarist?  Vote_lcap0%Who is the best hair metal guitarist?  Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
George Lynch
Who is the best hair metal guitarist?  Vote_lcap27%Who is the best hair metal guitarist?  Vote_rcap
 27% [ 7 ]
Akira Takasaki
Who is the best hair metal guitarist?  Vote_lcap15%Who is the best hair metal guitarist?  Vote_rcap
 15% [ 4 ]
Richie Sambora
 0% [ 0 ]
Nuno
 15% [ 4 ]
Michael Sweet
 0% [ 0 ]
John Sykes
Who is the best hair metal guitarist?  Vote_lcap12%Who is the best hair metal guitarist?  Vote_rcap
 12% [ 3 ]
Andy Timmons
 0% [ 0 ]
Steve Clark
Who is the best hair metal guitarist?  Vote_lcap4%Who is the best hair metal guitarist?  Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Robbin Crosby
 0% [ 0 ]
Other - please comment choice.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 26

AuthorMessage
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

Number of posts : 675

Who is the best hair metal guitarist?  Empty
PostSubject: Who is the best hair metal guitarist?    Who is the best hair metal guitarist?  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2019 11:59 am

Yes, it's subjective but reasonable people can narrow things down and disuss them....

I kept the list to people known for being hair rockers.

Guys like Jake E Lee, Eddie and Steve Vai don't qualify, imo.

Who ya' got?
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39655

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best hair metal guitarist?    Who is the best hair metal guitarist?  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2019 12:43 pm

I went with Akira Takasaki. He seems to be the most prolific and covered a vast array of styles over their long career.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best hair metal guitarist?    Who is the best hair metal guitarist?  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2019 12:45 pm

I went with Warren, as he seemed the "best" of that list, however, my favorite from that list would be Mick Mars. He's never been as flashy as some of his cohorts, but he's got style.

Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best hair metal guitarist?    Who is the best hair metal guitarist?  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2019 1:02 pm

I went with Vito.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6338

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best hair metal guitarist?    Who is the best hair metal guitarist?  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2019 1:08 pm

I saw the title and thought of Nuno.

Then I saw the options and now it's a bit harder. You should have made it multiple choice, dammit!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best hair metal guitarist?    Who is the best hair metal guitarist?  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2019 1:11 pm

007 wrote:
I went with Akira Takasaki. He seems to be the most prolific and covered a vast array of styles over their long career.

My vote as well.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best hair metal guitarist?    Who is the best hair metal guitarist?  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2019 1:29 pm

For me it's Vito, but there are some amazing players in that list.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best hair metal guitarist?    Who is the best hair metal guitarist?  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2019 1:37 pm

Is this the subgenre with the best guitarists?

I'm a George Lynch fanboy, so the union says I can't vote against him. But Nuno Bettencourt definitely deserves recognition. I find him quite underrated.
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best hair metal guitarist?    Who is the best hair metal guitarist?  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2019 1:43 pm

I voted Nuno as he, based on the albums we have all heard, appears to be the most technically proficient and just about every Extreme song is a clinic in why my guitar will forever be relegated to coffee table status...

That said, this young lady does a mighty fine play through of an Extreme cut, so maybe she is my vote?

If your not familiar with Sophie, check out her band Saints of Sin. They are quite cool and are all about the arena rock. And I do enjoy these play through videos...

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best hair metal guitarist?    Who is the best hair metal guitarist?  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2019 1:54 pm

Depends on what constitutes "best." I am extremely biased, but I voted Steve Clark because, out of everyone on that list, I feel he had the more unique and memorable riffs.
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best hair metal guitarist?    Who is the best hair metal guitarist?  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2019 2:02 pm

Lari wrote:
Is this the subgenre with the best guitarists?

I don't know thrash and NWOBHM/classic metal bands have some badasses too.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best hair metal guitarist?    Who is the best hair metal guitarist?  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2019 3:01 pm

Demartini
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best hair metal guitarist?    Who is the best hair metal guitarist?  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2019 3:12 pm

Some great names on that list but I went with Sykes who seems often forgotten.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3179

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best hair metal guitarist?    Who is the best hair metal guitarist?  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2019 4:12 pm

When I think of back in the day - drunk / high - and not familiar with the songs -
Sitting in a car - and the solos are played - Mick Marrs - for sure.
Piece of your Action - Looks that Kill - his solos were always outrageous -
And knowing those three guys are there with him - Red Hot !
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best hair metal guitarist?    Who is the best hair metal guitarist?  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2019 4:57 pm

I always thought Mick was the most talented member of the CRUE.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best hair metal guitarist?    Who is the best hair metal guitarist?  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2019 5:32 pm

The man from Japan but I have a really hard time thinking of Loudness as a hair metal band
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best hair metal guitarist?    Who is the best hair metal guitarist?  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2019 3:25 am

Demartini I think is the most talented of this group but I gotta give a nod to Oz who is extremely talented and often overlooked.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best hair metal guitarist?    Who is the best hair metal guitarist?  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2019 6:46 am

Boris2008 wrote:
The man from Japan but I have a really hard time thinking of Loudness as a hair metal band

I tend to agree. Two of my favourite Loudness albums (s/t and King of Pain) are pure heavy metal worship.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best hair metal guitarist?    Who is the best hair metal guitarist?  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2019 7:15 am

I voted DeMartini, but I forgot about Vito! He is actually the best.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best hair metal guitarist?    Who is the best hair metal guitarist?  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2019 8:28 am

Hair guitarist should be a thing.
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best hair metal guitarist?    Who is the best hair metal guitarist?  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2019 8:56 am

Gilbert wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:

I tend to agree. Two of my favourite Loudness albums (s/t and King of Pain) are pure heavy metal worship.

I took the choices from lists other people made, and threads from other boards. Blame the hair metal masses, they don't agree.
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best hair metal guitarist?    Who is the best hair metal guitarist?  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2019 8:57 am

Troublezone wrote:
I voted DeMartini, but I forgot about Vito! He is actually the best.

It's a shame he stopped playing.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best hair metal guitarist?    Who is the best hair metal guitarist?  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2019 9:19 am

Technically it's probably Vitto, but I prefer most other guitarists and their tone on this list. I'm going to go with George Lynch, followed closely by DeMartini and Takasaki. I don't always find the best musicians to be the individual, who are able to come up with the most memorable tunes.
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best hair metal guitarist?    Who is the best hair metal guitarist?  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2019 9:28 am

George Lynch. I just got Tooth And Nail and he is awesome on that.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best hair metal guitarist?    Who is the best hair metal guitarist?  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2019 9:52 am

I went with Mr. Scary; but Reb and Warren are very close behind. Also, I wanna give a shout out to Vito Bratta as he seems to be forgotten about, even in the hair metal circles.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best hair metal guitarist?    Who is the best hair metal guitarist?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next