Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Former Death/Iced Earth Drummer's new band

Go down 
+9
James B.
Troublezone
GrandNational
MetalFRO
Temple of Blood
Chairman_Smith
Fat Freddy
sam
MetalGuy71
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Former Death/Iced Earth Drummer's new band - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Former Death/Iced Earth Drummer's new band   Former Death/Iced Earth Drummer's new band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 3:49 pm

Bump for update...
Former Death/Iced Earth Drummer's new band - Page 2 Charredwallscd

Quote :
CHARRED WALLS OF THE DAMNED, the new project led by acclaimed metal drummer Richard Christy (ICED EARTH, DEATH, LEASH LAW, CONTROL DENIED, BURNING INSIDE), will release its self-titled debut album on February 2, 2010 via Metal Blade Records. The CD contains nine tracks, a bonus DVD ("The Making of Charred Walls of the Damned"), and comes in a digipack.

"Charred Walls Of The Damned" track listing:

01. GhostFormer Death/Iced Earth Drummer's new band - Page 2 2_bing Town
02. From The Abyss
03. Creating Our Machine
04. Blood on Wood
05. In a World So Cruel
06. Manifestations
07. Voices Within the Walls
08. The Darkest Eyes
09. Fear in the Sky

CHARRED WALLS OF THE DAMNED is:

* Richard Christy - Drums
* Jason Suecof - Guitar, Producer
* Tim "Ripper" Owens (JUDAS PRIEST, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, ICED EARTH) - Vocals
* Steve DiGiorgio (SADUS, TESTAMENT) - Bass

For more information, visit www.myspace.com/charredwallsofthedamned

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: Former Death/Iced Earth Drummer's new band   Former Death/Iced Earth Drummer's new band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 11:24 am

Wow. That artwork is terrible. But who knows, the music might kick ass. At least Ripper's behind the mic....
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Former Death/Iced Earth Drummer's new band   Former Death/Iced Earth Drummer's new band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 11:28 am

Ripper Owens is involved in so many side projects/ bands I am having a hard time keeping up, I'll have to make sure to check this band out.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Former Death/Iced Earth Drummer's new band   Former Death/Iced Earth Drummer's new band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 11:44 am

Quote :
At least Ripper's behind the mic....

That's my primary reason of interest here. Richard's a great drummer and he's got some talented musicians with him, as well. But if it was an unknown singer or a growler, I'd probably pass. I'm always interested in hearing Tim's vox.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: Former Death/Iced Earth Drummer's new band   Former Death/Iced Earth Drummer's new band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 11:46 am

Why, oh WHY did he not stay with Beyond Fear? That band had so much potential, and if they are able to write tracks like Scream Machine and Save Me, I think they could have written a great Sophmore release. John Comprix is an animal on the ol' axe Former Death/Iced Earth Drummer's new band - Page 2 604261
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Former Death/Iced Earth Drummer's new band   Former Death/Iced Earth Drummer's new band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 1:36 pm

Shoot. I was hoping there'd be a song or two on the MySpace page but it sez "Coming Soon." Sad

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Former Death/Iced Earth Drummer's new band   Former Death/Iced Earth Drummer's new band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 11:59 am

http://www.myspace.com/charredwallsofthedamned

A clip of the 1st single 'Ghost Town' is now on there.

Meh. It almost sound like Owens is singing over a different song than what the band is playing. Like it's 2 different songs mashed together, if that makes sense. His vocals sound good though. He's got some pipes, for sure.

I also read on Blabbermouth that there will be a itunes /Europe-only bonus track of a Powermad cover song 'Nice Dreams'.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Former Death/Iced Earth Drummer's new band   Former Death/Iced Earth Drummer's new band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 12:33 pm

wow yea i see what your saying. the music is awesome though.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Former Death/Iced Earth Drummer's new band   Former Death/Iced Earth Drummer's new band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 1:41 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
wow yea i see what your saying. the music is awesome though.

Seperately, the music is good and the vocals are good. Too bad they don't sound like they belong together.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Former Death/Iced Earth Drummer's new band   Former Death/Iced Earth Drummer's new band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 2:53 pm

yea it was a bit odd. I'll probably buy it though. I need some new fast music and this seems like it would do the trick.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Former Death/Iced Earth Drummer's new band   Former Death/Iced Earth Drummer's new band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 11:50 am

Former Death/Iced Earth Drummer's new band - Page 2 89926385-177x150-0-0

BUMP!!

Charred Walls of the Damned released a video for the 1st single, 'Ghost Town'.

http://www.noisecreep.com/2010/01/21/charred-walls-of-the-damned-ghost-town-video-premiere/

I dunno, I'm still not completely sold on that 1st song, but it's growing on me the more times I hear it. I'll probably still pick this up at some point, just for the talent involved. I like Owens vocals and Richard's a monster drummer. That's him in the gasmask by the way.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Former Death/Iced Earth Drummer's new band   Former Death/Iced Earth Drummer's new band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 11:57 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

BUMP!!

Former Death/Iced Earth Drummer's new band - Page 2 201269 We should see if we can turn Mr. Bump into an emoticon. That way anytime someone "bumps" an old thread they can stick him at the top of the new entry.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Former Death/Iced Earth Drummer's new band   Former Death/Iced Earth Drummer's new band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 12:00 pm

Former Death/Iced Earth Drummer's new band - Page 2 Bump
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Former Death/Iced Earth Drummer's new band   Former Death/Iced Earth Drummer's new band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 12:20 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

BUMP!!

Former Death/Iced Earth Drummer's new band - Page 2 201269 We should see if we can turn Mr. Bump into an emoticon. That way anytime someone "bumps" an old thread they can stick him at the top of the new entry.

It seems appropriate. Before I opened your original thread, I thought that's what "All Hail Mr. Bump" was gonna be. Some new emoticon, not a toy. Nice job by Spec too.

PostSubject: Re: Former Death/Iced Earth Drummer's new band   Former Death/Iced Earth Drummer's new band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 12:20 pm

I just copied it from another website.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Former Death/Iced Earth Drummer's new band   Former Death/Iced Earth Drummer's new band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 12:25 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
I just copied it from another website.

I prefer this bump...

Former Death/Iced Earth Drummer's new band - Page 2 Bump

...but yours is nice too. Former Death/Iced Earth Drummer's new band - Page 2 209773

PostSubject: Re: Former Death/Iced Earth Drummer's new band   Former Death/Iced Earth Drummer's new band - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Former Death/Iced Earth Drummer's new band
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2