Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Dream Theater Song for Free Download for 24 hours

Go down 
+5
EvyMetal
A Handful of Wayne
mc666
thejokeriv
XYZ
9 posters
AuthorMessage
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

New Dream Theater Song for Free Download for 24 hours Empty
PostSubject: New Dream Theater Song for Free Download for 24 hours   New Dream Theater Song for Free Download for 24 hours Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 3:12 am

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/

Only for 24 hours
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: New Dream Theater Song for Free Download for 24 hours   New Dream Theater Song for Free Download for 24 hours Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 10:49 am

Yes, and I can't download it until I get home!!!!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: New Dream Theater Song for Free Download for 24 hours   New Dream Theater Song for Free Download for 24 hours Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 11:39 am

meh, i'm not registering with Roadrunner to hear it. i'll wait until they myspace it.

A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: New Dream Theater Song for Free Download for 24 hours   New Dream Theater Song for Free Download for 24 hours Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 1:39 pm

downloading now! I just preordered the deluxe version of the new album yesturday. Please let it be worth it!!!!

Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: New Dream Theater Song for Free Download for 24 hours   New Dream Theater Song for Free Download for 24 hours Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 5:08 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
downloading now! I just preordered the deluxe version of the new album yesturday. Please let it be worth it!!!!

This is a good song. I pre-ordered my 3-disc copy as well!!
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: New Dream Theater Song for Free Download for 24 hours   New Dream Theater Song for Free Download for 24 hours Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 5:36 pm

This song is boring and puts me to sleep. Why did they release such a slow song as a single? Lame!
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: New Dream Theater Song for Free Download for 24 hours   New Dream Theater Song for Free Download for 24 hours Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 2:20 pm

I just canceled my pre order after I heard that song.just kidding I wasnt to crazy about it.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: New Dream Theater Song for Free Download for 24 hours   New Dream Theater Song for Free Download for 24 hours Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 2:36 pm

zzzzzzzzzzzz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Dream Theater Song for Free Download for 24 hours   New Dream Theater Song for Free Download for 24 hours Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 2:45 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
zzzzzzzzzzzz

Your keyboard seems to be stuck.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: New Dream Theater Song for Free Download for 24 hours   New Dream Theater Song for Free Download for 24 hours Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 2:57 pm

I just canceled my pre order after I heard that song.just kidding I wasnt to crazy about it.

Ouch! That bad huh?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: New Dream Theater Song for Free Download for 24 hours   New Dream Theater Song for Free Download for 24 hours Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 2:58 pm

it wasnt bad but i expected more.

PostSubject: Re: New Dream Theater Song for Free Download for 24 hours   New Dream Theater Song for Free Download for 24 hours Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 3:00 pm

i expected more.

Why? Because of their awesome output over the past 10 years? Razz

I respect your sticking by them, but they need an injection of something interesting in their music.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: New Dream Theater Song for Free Download for 24 hours   New Dream Theater Song for Free Download for 24 hours Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 3:38 pm

I liked it, but I love most of their albums. It sounds like Dream Theater to me, but I would agree that the song is not what I would release as a first single.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: New Dream Theater Song for Free Download for 24 hours   New Dream Theater Song for Free Download for 24 hours Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 3:52 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
i expected more.

Why? Because of their awesome output over the past 10 years? Razz

I respect your sticking by them, but they need an injection of something interesting in their music.

no because they always have interesting album covers and I usually just go by what that looks like haha.

Its only one song and there are 5 more that are hopefully better. This song wasnt aweful it just seemed like something I would expect them to do already. There wasnt really anything catchy about it either. I did only listen to it once lastnight during my internet show but I was paying attention for something that would catch my ear.

They definetly do need something interesting to add to their music. I dont know what it is though. I really liked Octivarium which had them actually writing listenable and somewhat memorable songs. I dont like when they try to be too progressive. It seems they forget they should also make the songs good as well. I couldnt even listen to their last album cause it seemed just like a bunch of different things all at once. Maybe they should stop thinking that thats all they need to do because it isnt. They have LTE for that and the should keep it seperate.

Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: New Dream Theater Song for Free Download for 24 hours   New Dream Theater Song for Free Download for 24 hours Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 5:11 pm

I signed up for the download, but had issues w/ it at first, and didn't have time to get it downloaded before the 24 hours ran out - aaargh!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro

PostSubject: Re: New Dream Theater Song for Free Download for 24 hours   New Dream Theater Song for Free Download for 24 hours Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 12:10 pm

They need to get rid of Jordan Rudess, get Derek Sherinian back and hire a real producer...stop letting Portnoy/Petrucci produce the albums...they all sound the same...
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: New Dream Theater Song for Free Download for 24 hours   New Dream Theater Song for Free Download for 24 hours Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 1:32 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
They need to get rid of Jordan Rudess, get Derek Sherinian back and hire a real producer...stop letting Portnoy/Petrucci produce the albums...they all sound the same...

Actually, Kevin Moore was better as keyboardist - too bad he and Mike Portnoy don;t get along too well. Kevin was able to helo balance the progressive with the good song
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: New Dream Theater Song for Free Download for 24 hours   New Dream Theater Song for Free Download for 24 hours Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 7:03 pm

The one song I'm really looking forward to is the ending of the AA suite. I think it's called "The Shattered Fortress", it has to be good as all of the other ones (The Glass Prison, This Dying Soul, The Root Of All Evil) minus Repentance are all of my favorite songs!
Back to top Go down

New Dream Theater Song for Free Download for 24 hours
Page 1 of 1