Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

nu metal making a comeback? hope not!

Go down 
+6
Metal Misfit
Fat Freddy
Thrasher73
TheGooch
stormspell
fingers
10 posters
AuthorMessage
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

nu metal making a comeback? hope not! Empty
PostSubject: nu metal making a comeback? hope not!   nu metal making a comeback? hope not! Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 2:16 am

aw god I have an awful gut feeling that nu metal is coming back mainly because Linkin Park has released a new album and its been played on the radio constantly. Also I keep on seeing dudes with fucken Slipknob and KoRn T shirts. Aw god I thought that nu metal blackhole had stopped. Anyway is it just me or is nu metal coming back and What's it like in America
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: nu metal making a comeback? hope not!   nu metal making a comeback? hope not! Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 2:21 am

Did it ever went away? Or just morfed into the NWOAHM genre? I dunno but who cares anyway?
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: nu metal making a comeback? hope not!   nu metal making a comeback? hope not! Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 3:55 am

over here it is still popular but there are no longer people who listen to it who claim to listen to metal. we all just listen to whatever metal was good. nu-metal aint metal anyway. once you accept that it is ok.

although i hate linkin park, limp bizkit and i aint too keen on slipknot although i know people who are
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: nu metal making a comeback? hope not!   nu metal making a comeback? hope not! Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 3:57 am

fingers wrote:
aw god I have an awful gut feeling that nu metal is coming back mainly because Linkin Park has released a new album and its been played on the radio constantly. Also I keep on seeing dudes with fucken Slipknob and KoRn T shirts. Aw god I thought that nu metal blackhole had stopped. Anyway is it just me or is nu metal coming back and What's it like in America
Well, if you were paying attention you'd know that the new Linkin Park is pretty much an emo album.

And since it's 4am I won't lay into you, but fair warning be that these kinds of threads rile me up. And I'm ruthless with my words.

I will say, though, nu-Metal is like any genre that gets mainstream attention—there's a ton of great bands that get exposure and don't; and then there's a ton of crap bands that get exposure and don't. There is no such thing as a "bad genre" of music. Laying into a genre like every band in it sucks is pretty stupid.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: nu metal making a comeback? hope not!   nu metal making a comeback? hope not! Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 3:58 am

TheGooch wrote:
over here it is still popular but there are no longer people who listen to it who claim to listen to metal. we all just listen to whatever metal was good. nu-metal aint metal anyway. once you accept that it is ok.

although i hate linkin park, limp bizkit and i aint too keen on slipknot although i know people who are
Sorry, bro. Nu-metal is metal.
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: nu metal making a comeback? hope not!   nu metal making a comeback? hope not! Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 5:58 am

if you compare nu metal to metal its like comparing mexico to new mexico and what I mean to say is that nu metal is closer to alternative and grunge than it is to heavy metal
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: nu metal making a comeback? hope not!   nu metal making a comeback? hope not! Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 7:49 am

wheres the beating the dead horse emoticon?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: nu metal making a comeback? hope not!   nu metal making a comeback? hope not! Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 9:02 am

Railing against "nu-metal" has become an exercise in futility...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: nu metal making a comeback? hope not!   nu metal making a comeback? hope not! Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 9:06 am

If you don't like it, don't listen to it.

Case closed.

Oh, and Fred Durst is a choad. Smile
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: nu metal making a comeback? hope not!   nu metal making a comeback? hope not! Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 1:10 pm

Eyesore wrote:
fingers wrote:
Well, if you were paying attention you'd know that the new Linkin Park is pretty much an emo album.

And since it's 4am I won't lay into you, but fair warning be that these kinds of threads rile me up. And I'm ruthless with my words.

I will say, though, nu-Metal is like any genre that gets mainstream attention—there's a ton of great bands that get exposure and don't; and then there's a ton of crap bands that get exposure and don't. There is no such thing as a "bad genre" of music. Laying into a genre like every band in it sucks is pretty stupid.

I can see where you're coming from (I dabbled in nu-metal myself during the late 90s/early 00s and there's a few standout songs/albums from that time), but it's all a matter of opinion, kid.

If I got upset everytime someone laughed when I said I love hair metal... Well, um... I'd just be upset all that time, okay ?! Razz

As for nu-metal making a comeback comparable to it's peak commercial years... probably not. It hasn't gone away, it just doesn't sell like it used to. Grunge never left, hair metal never left. It just went to smaller labels and smaller venues.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: nu metal making a comeback? hope not!   nu metal making a comeback? hope not! Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 1:37 pm

Taken from Blabbermouth...

According to Hits Daily Double, MEGADETH is on track to sell around 60,000 copies of its latest CD, "United Abominations", in the United States in its first week of release to land in the Top 10 (possibly Top 5) of the Billboard chart.

Meanwhile, LINKIN PARK's "Minutes to Midnight" is headed for an impressive debut of 550,000, maybe even 600,000, which would be by far the biggest first week of the year.

That's kinda sad and I have to say a bit surprising as well. I would've thought, and presumably wrong I guess, that Linkin Park fans would be more of the "download-for-free" generation. In this day and age, I can't believe that a band like LP could sell 550,000 actual cd's.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28455

PostSubject: Re: nu metal making a comeback? hope not!   nu metal making a comeback? hope not! Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 2:07 pm

I think it's had its time in the sun, for the most part.

Is it DEAD? Not exactly. Even though people claimed grunge died sometime in the mid 90s, in the next few years tons of bands had grunge influence, and there are still plenty of them now that do.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: nu metal making a comeback? hope not!   nu metal making a comeback? hope not! Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 2:43 pm

fingers wrote:
if you compare nu metal to metal its like comparing mexico to new mexico and what I mean to say is that nu metal is closer to alternative and grunge than it is to heavy metal
I'm not comparing anything. Is death metal not metal? Is progressive or power metal not metal. Of course they are. Is it traditional metal? Surely not, but it's still metal. Still part of the metal family tree. And nu-metal is there, as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: nu metal making a comeback? hope not!   nu metal making a comeback? hope not! Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 2:48 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
I can see where you're coming from (I dabbled in nu-metal myself during the late 90s/early 00s and there's a few standout songs/albums from that time), but it's all a matter of opinion, kid.
Hey! I'm not a kid. I'm older than you! Laughing

Quote :
If I got upset everytime someone laughed when I said I love hair metal... Well, um... I'd just be upset all that time, okay ?! Razz

As for nu-metal making a comeback comparable to it's peak commercial years... probably not. It hasn't gone away, it just doesn't sell like it used to. Grunge never left, hair metal never left. It just went to smaller labels and smaller venues.
And let me clarify that I'm not upset. I just like to debate music. And it drives me batty sometimes when people make these grand, bold, generalized statements about genres. I dislike about 99% of death/black metal bands, but as much as I dislike those genres, I would never insist that the genre as a whole sucks.

I know opinions vary, but that first post was an invitation to the nu-metal bashelors party.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: nu metal making a comeback? hope not!   nu metal making a comeback? hope not! Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 8:37 pm

Quote :
If you don't like it, don't listen to it.

Here here I agree!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: nu metal making a comeback? hope not!   nu metal making a comeback? hope not! Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2007 1:14 am

Eyesore wrote:
I dislike about 99% of death/black metal bands
i don't think i've even heard 99% of the black/death bands out there & i love that sh*t.

TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: nu metal making a comeback? hope not!   nu metal making a comeback? hope not! Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2007 5:45 am

well linkin parks new album seems to be doing well but by god i wont be buying it cos i bet it sucks so much
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: nu metal making a comeback? hope not!   nu metal making a comeback? hope not! Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2007 5:54 am

sick sick sick sick
TheGooch wrote:
well linkin parks new album seems to be doing well but by god i wont be buying it cos i bet it sucks so much
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: nu metal making a comeback? hope not!   nu metal making a comeback? hope not! Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2007 6:14 am

what is that supposed to mean?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: nu metal making a comeback? hope not!   nu metal making a comeback? hope not! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

nu metal making a comeback? hope not!
Page 1 of 1