Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

vinyl making a comeback

Go down 
+9
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
nevermore
sam
thejokeriv
mc666
the sentinel
Schbopo
manny
13 posters
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

vinyl making a comeback Empty
PostSubject: vinyl making a comeback   vinyl making a comeback Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 5:23 pm

I went to Borders bookstore Tuesday and saw that vinyl is making a bit of comeback with high profile releases such as Metallica' back catalog, Def Leppard-Hysteria, Pink Floyd etc, when I was younger before cds I only would by vinyl but now I just don't like the sound, and how much space it takes up, I miss the art work but other than thought I just don't care for vinyl, any theories why it is making resurrgence and any vinyl fans out there?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: vinyl making a comeback   vinyl making a comeback Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 5:24 pm

Ask krokus and syrus, vinyl never went anywhere. Smile

ult and Trog are vinyl freaks of late. As for new albums by pop bands, I don't get that, but whatever.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: vinyl making a comeback   vinyl making a comeback Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 5:28 pm

I bought Ride the Lightning on vinyl the other day. I don't have a record player, but the art is cool.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: vinyl making a comeback   vinyl making a comeback Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 5:28 pm

Schbopo wrote:
I bought Ride the Lightning on vinyl the other day. I don't have a record player, but the art is cool.

Good job.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: vinyl making a comeback   vinyl making a comeback Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 11:11 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Schbopo wrote:

Good job.

lol!

I have always figured it was a nostalgia trip (like me with my cassettes, Loser!), but some, like our buddy scottmitchell74 says he really digs the sound. Peace.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: vinyl making a comeback   vinyl making a comeback Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 11:15 pm

i still have alot of vinyl. never play them much though.

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: vinyl making a comeback   vinyl making a comeback Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 11:40 pm

I have some, but not much. I like to pick up vinyl at flea markets - you usually can get them real cheap
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: vinyl making a comeback   vinyl making a comeback Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 1:12 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Ask krokus and syrus, vinyl never went anywhere. Smile

ult and Trog are vinyl freaks of late. As for new albums by pop bands, I don't get that, but whatever.

that's true there are plenty of smaller underground bands that have realeased all there stuff as vinyl
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: vinyl making a comeback   vinyl making a comeback Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 5:00 pm

I still pick up stuff on vinyl occasionally. I think it's awesome to see vinyl making a comeback.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: vinyl making a comeback   vinyl making a comeback Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 10:38 am

I saw the latest Coldplay album was released on vinyl and for sale at Best Buy. I thought that was unusual.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: vinyl making a comeback   vinyl making a comeback Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 10:41 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I saw the latest Coldplay album was released on vinyl and for sale at Best Buy. I thought that was unusual.

If you were a little cooler, you'd understand that Coldplay are freakin' musical geniuses and what they do becomes the standard for all others in the music business. Even your little hard rockers that you listen to.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: vinyl making a comeback   vinyl making a comeback Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 10:46 am

spectrefate wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

If you were a little cooler, you'd understand that Coldplay are freakin' musical geniuses and what they do becomes the standard for all others in the music business. Even your little hard rockers that you listen to.

I'll never be that "cool".
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: vinyl making a comeback   vinyl making a comeback Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 10:46 am

spectrefate wrote:

You sound just like one of those hipster elitists who've taken over the "music" message boards at the IMDB, Spec.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: vinyl making a comeback   vinyl making a comeback Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 10:55 am

I want to punch MYSELF for typing that, even in jest. Smile
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12632

PostSubject: Re: vinyl making a comeback   vinyl making a comeback Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 11:01 am

Vinyl never went anyhwere away from me to make a comeback from
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: vinyl making a comeback   vinyl making a comeback Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 11:20 am

I like vinyl to listen to in my garage. I'm gonna upgrade someday to one of the fancy three or four-in-one units that are also able to rip songs off vinyl into MP3 format.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: vinyl making a comeback   vinyl making a comeback Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 11:42 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
I like vinyl to listen to in my garage. I'm gonna upgrade someday to one of the fancy three or four-in-one units that are also able to rip songs off vinyl into MP3 format.

Scott: "Look honey, I got Holy Diver on LP, isn't it awesome?"

Scott's wife: "I don't want that crap in my house. Get your happy ass out in the garage with that foolishness."

Scott: "Yes, mama."

Normally I wouldn't say such things to a guy who can rip my face off, but I'm hidden safely behind this monitor here. Smile
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: vinyl making a comeback   vinyl making a comeback Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 11:50 am

Where have you hidden the camera????!?!! angry
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: vinyl making a comeback   vinyl making a comeback Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 12:09 pm

Vinyl sales are actually helping some of the smaller independent music stores stay in business. CD sales have been on a continual decline...but sales of vinyl has increased over 200% in the last couple years.

It never went completely "away" but it did become the ultimate niche market.

Anyway, I think it's great that vinyl is back because I prefer analog sound. But something to think about...the majority of albums these days are recorded in digital to begin with, so you're not really getting much of a sonic benefit by those being released on vinyl.

However, analog recording is also making a comeback and bands are starting to record/mix & master all analog which sounds GREAT on vinyl. The recent Graveyard and Earthless albums were recorded this way.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28455

PostSubject: Re: vinyl making a comeback   vinyl making a comeback Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 3:01 pm

I wonder if cassettes will ever make a comeback.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: vinyl making a comeback   vinyl making a comeback Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 3:08 pm

Required Fields wrote:
I wonder if cassettes will ever make a comeback.

I hope not because I've sold alot of mine for little of nothing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: vinyl making a comeback   vinyl making a comeback Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 3:19 pm

Not too long ago it was announced that some of the major labels were issuing new vynil copies of thier catalog sellers...not exactly sure why....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: vinyl making a comeback   vinyl making a comeback Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

vinyl making a comeback
Page 1 of 1