Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is Thrash Making A Comeback?

Go down 
+11
sovdat
stepcousin
TH Joe
Thrasher73
Required Fields
ultmetal
AchrisK
ghost
Lurideath
mc666
KissinMaiden
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

Is Thrash Making A Comeback? Empty
PostSubject: Is Thrash Making A Comeback?   Is Thrash Making A Comeback? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2007 11:42 pm

Bands seem to be jumping into playing "thrash bandwagon", I don't mind, better then other crap out there. Is thrash getting more exposed to the media or is it the just me? I'm learning about so many bands, but I also search around the net alot and learn about them through boards like these or review sites.

Hell, even heavy metal in general, look at Maiden's release getting #9 or was it 10 on the American charts, i forgot. I'm mainly speaking about the American media.

surprised surprised surprised surprised
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Is Thrash Making A Comeback?   Is Thrash Making A Comeback? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2007 12:31 am

meh, i never pay attention to charts & media. so it never went away as far as i'm concerned.

Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: Is Thrash Making A Comeback?   Is Thrash Making A Comeback? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2007 1:39 am

Yeah thrash has been making its way back for a few years now. It never really went away, just went WAY underground. Everything always recycles, so I guess its recycling now again.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: Is Thrash Making A Comeback?   Is Thrash Making A Comeback? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2007 2:09 am

I agree that Thrash is coming back. But not only Thrash, Metal became more and more popular in the last years. There are a lot of bands which play the old styles again. And Thrash is one of them.

Good things never die – Metal never dies – Thrash never dies!
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Is Thrash Making A Comeback?   Is Thrash Making A Comeback? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2007 10:07 am

If there is a bandwagon, then it is bands like Trivium that are jumping on it. Bands like Agent Steel, Avenger of Blood, King's Evil, and any other current real thrash or speed metal band are just making the music they love, the music that has always ruled!

ack
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Is Thrash Making A Comeback?   Is Thrash Making A Comeback? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2007 10:17 am

Ultimatum have been playing the same style of metal for over ten years. We've never cared about what's popular. We just play what we love.

Personally I don't ever see thrash becoming again what it was in the late 80's and early 90's.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28447

PostSubject: Re: Is Thrash Making A Comeback?   Is Thrash Making A Comeback? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2007 11:21 am

I agree with ultmetal on one hand, but on the other hand, it is making at least sort of a comeback. There are more new bands in the style now than there were 10 years ago.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: Is Thrash Making A Comeback?   Is Thrash Making A Comeback? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2007 12:52 pm

Here is my theory: thrash in the 80's was so badass because they had somthing stupid to revolt agianst; hair metal. Then when the big four thrash bands got rich famous and did'nt have that long haired kick your ass speed demon teenager aggressive feel to the music. So the thrash that still remained; violence, forbidden, ext... got much less coverage by the media, so thrash went very underground in the 90's. Just recently the thrashers have seen the past repeating itself; when the 80's thrashers saw bands like poison dressing like girls they wanted to kick some ass. Now we got little emo kids slitting their wrists because they cant handle their emotions? What the hell it that? I mean thats enough to piss anyone off right? But thats not all, they put on make-up and wear girls pants. So the long haired kick your ass speed demon teenagers of this generation are going to step up here in the next few years. We have only seen the begining of an age that will be as memorable to thrash as the 80's.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Is Thrash Making A Comeback?   Is Thrash Making A Comeback? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2007 1:49 pm

To me,Thrash never went anywhere.Thrash will never die!!!🤘
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

PostSubject: Re: Is Thrash Making A Comeback?   Is Thrash Making A Comeback? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2007 6:39 pm

I don't necessarily agree with this Mad. In some ways yes, a lot of bands did get less coverage. But the bands you mentioned were changing as well. At least as far as thrash bands that were more in the main stream. The bigger metal labels just stopped signing thrash, where-as a few labels that were way underground (Necropolis, Primitive Art and a few others) signed a few.

This new wave of thrash I can see where you are going there. A lot of the older guys (like me and a few others) really aren't mad at that emo stuff. No I don't like it at all, but its not really in the mainstream is it? I am still pissed from the grunge and alternative era. As far as the guys in girl pants... HAHAH yeah that smurf poo is funny! But for high school kids in this day and age and the metalheads that are writing metal.. yeah I can see that their angst stems from that.
Back to top Go down
TH Joe
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
TH Joe

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Is Thrash Making A Comeback?   Is Thrash Making A Comeback? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2007 12:27 am

If it is coming back, that's great. But I haven't ever really paid attention the media regarding the music scene. So I don't know.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Is Thrash Making A Comeback?   Is Thrash Making A Comeback? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2007 5:57 am

ultmetal wrote:

Personally I don't ever see thrash becoming again what it was in the late 80's and early 90's.

I agree. also, what people call "thrash" these days is a bit different than the classic thrash from that era.
there are a few bands that still play old school thrash.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Is Thrash Making A Comeback?   Is Thrash Making A Comeback? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2007 1:38 pm

Quote :

Like?

Avenger of Blood, Hirax, Destruction, Kreator, Ultimatum, Merciless Death, Temple of Blood...

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Is Thrash Making A Comeback?   Is Thrash Making A Comeback? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2007 3:15 pm

Fueled by Fire - Thrash Is Back

DENIM, LEATHER, Thrash is what we are!

Bang your head against the stage

At Baloffs command

Thrashing, smashing...Posers on the floor!!

We'll leave you on the floor,bruised and sore

THRASH IS BACK!

THRASH IS BACK!

THRASH IS BACK!

Violence, mayhem, the crowd begins to slam!

Circle pitting maniacs, thrashing all around!

Louder, Louder the crowd starts to scream!!

Saying thrash is back with their fist in the air

THRASH IS BACK!

THRASH IS BACK!

THRASH IS BACK!

Run on the stage, jump in the crowd

They catch you as you fall from the air

The lights hit your face as you surf the crowd

You see the band on the stage,

Kicked in the head

By a white high top

The mark is left on your face

Turned and tossed by the people below

Until you fall in the hole

The crowd pulls you in to the circle pit

Slamming and banging your head

A thrasher falls, you help him up,

Slamming the posers to death!

Singing along while your knees hit your face,

Not giving a damn who's in your way

Your hearts beating fast as your pitting away

THRASH WILL NEVER ....DIE!!!

80's is when thrash was made,

Those were the glory days

Thrash was asleep, but now it's awake

We'll never die, we're here to stay

The glory days are back!

THRASHERS UNITE!! Scream with Me!!

THRASH IS BACK!

THRASH IS BACK!

And while Baloff and Exodus were doing it to express themselves, anger,
whatever, to make something new, Fueled by Fire (and thousands of
today's thrash bands) are doing it, trying to sound like bands in the
80s did, and probably just rewriting lyrics while looking at BBB
booklet. Baloff & co. probably didn't want to sound like an 60s
band.

I do like a lot of new bands, but they're just doing it wrong. The
creative factor is between very little and zero, and the stuff they
bring on on their own is somewhere there too. Especially FbF are an
horrible example of it - stolen riffs everywhere! And the last song on
the album is "Command of the Beast". What else coud you expect, heh.

Some cool new bands with their own attitude: Municipal Waste, Violator (the lyrics are kinda silly at times, too), Negligence.
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

PostSubject: Re: Is Thrash Making A Comeback?   Is Thrash Making A Comeback? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2007 3:18 pm

And I'd certanly like to see Fueled by Fire's show, to see how many things from the lyric are true.
Back to top Go down
fishingd
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
fishingd

Number of posts : 297

PostSubject: Re: Is Thrash Making A Comeback?   Is Thrash Making A Comeback? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2007 6:38 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Quote :

Like?

Avenger of Blood, Hirax, Destruction, Kreator, Ultimatum, Merciless Death, Temple of Blood...

Thats good list 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Thrash Making A Comeback?   Is Thrash Making A Comeback? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2007 6:47 pm

dude go to u tube man, thats pretty damn acurate to what is going down in LA, bunch of thrashers with denim vests and rebok hitops the pits are massive! people divin off the balcony and just tearin the place up. and they do it because they love IT; thrash from the 80's they dont want to make somthing completly different because what they wanna do is 80's thrash metal. they are certainly not following any trends. i really dont know why everyone gives the thrashers crap for doing somthing that happened in the 80's. they love it, they dont give a damn what the hell century it came from.
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

PostSubject: Re: Is Thrash Making A Comeback?   Is Thrash Making A Comeback? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2007 9:16 am

I didn't say that I don't like it if bands are doing the music in the old way - but if you're doing it, do it with style! It seems that bands are focusing more on a "old school" sound than on songwriting!

Saw this two videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFwjlaMAXvI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b65dGGerXg
(can you hear the shameless Metallica / DA (Thrashers) here?)

I guess those moshers wouldn't survive our moshs haha, not to mention the maniacs in Bulgaria at Sinister show - till the blood was spilled and beyond, like nothing happened.

I hope that FbF will come up with their own ideas on the next release - this one is good but I simply can't enjoy it 'cause it's such a thievery!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Thrash Making A Comeback?   Is Thrash Making A Comeback? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 12:42 am

seems that music has been taking a bit of a circle lately and its been back to heavier and faster music so thats just fine with me! The Toxik reunion came from the band being approached at time of the re-releases and there was still a positive buzz about it!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Is Thrash Making A Comeback?   Is Thrash Making A Comeback? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 6:11 pm

Nope, everything is saturated with metalcore. Not enough thrash purity like it was in the late eighties.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

PostSubject: Re: Is Thrash Making A Comeback?   Is Thrash Making A Comeback? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 7:09 pm

What bands are you listening to? Nothing I have heard worth the horns in thrash these days has any metalcore in it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Thrash Making A Comeback?   Is Thrash Making A Comeback? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 7:37 pm

Quote :
everything is saturated with metalcore. Not enough thrash purity like it was in the late eighties.

thats what fuels thrash gives us somthing to be pissed about, hair metal had the same affect in the 80s'
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Is Thrash Making A Comeback?   Is Thrash Making A Comeback? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2007 12:44 pm

Thrash isn't making a "comeback" and there is no "bandwagon" until bands actually make money doing it IMHO.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Is Thrash Making A Comeback?   Is Thrash Making A Comeback? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2007 1:31 pm

What, you mean you're not getting rich off of Temple of Blood? I find that hard to believe. I know Ultimatum is just rolling in the dough.

Bwahahahahahaha! lol!

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Is Thrash Making A Comeback?   Is Thrash Making A Comeback? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2007 1:32 pm

Yeah, I guess all those sweet Benjamins are what motivated us to jump on the "bandwagon", right?

Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Thrash Making A Comeback?   Is Thrash Making A Comeback? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next