Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Poser of the year

Go down 
+20
GrandNational
SideShowDisaSter
tohostudios
thejokeriv
sheets
the sentinel
DallasBlack
sam
nevermore
mc666
jstate
stevegarveyfan
SlaytanicPOWER
Troublezone
Stender
Schbopo
Mglaffas81
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
manny
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Poser of the year - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poser of the year   Poser of the year - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 3:51 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I vaguely remember a Sugar Ray track from years back called "Mean Machine" (I think) that got some radio play and was pretty good hard-charging stuff; would that be off of the "Lemonade & Brownies" album that has been previously mentioned? I think I even remember seeing ads for that single in some metal magazines around that time (early to mid 90s).

Yep, that's off L & B.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Poser of the year   Poser of the year - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 9:41 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I vaguely remember a Sugar Ray track from years back called "Mean Machine" (I think) that got some radio play and was pretty good hard-charging stuff; would that be off of the "Lemonade & Brownies" album that has been previously mentioned? I think I even remember seeing ads for that single in some metal magazines around that time (early to mid 90s).

It's a fun song with a punky Stuck Mojo groove. There isn't any rapping but there are samples and scratching from a dj. I heard that it's their only album with any driving guitar sound.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Poser of the year   Poser of the year - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 7:25 pm

I had completely forgotten about "Mean Machine" and that album. Nicole Eggert was on the cover I think. I borrowed it from a friend one time and really liked it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poser of the year   Poser of the year - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 9:50 pm

jstate wrote:
I had completely forgotten about "Mean Machine" and that album. Nicole Eggert was on the cover I think. I borrowed it from a friend one time and really liked it.

YES - One of the truly AWESOME-EST album covers of all time!!!! Especially for us old farts that actually remember how super-fine Ms. Eggert was/is [ever seen that movie with the Corey's? I don't remember what it was called, but one of the Coreys was dating her at the time and talked her into doing some fairly explicite "stuff" for that film!! hubba-damn-hubba!]

Poser of the year - Page 3 7bfd619009a0d9597e758110.L

[don't cha dare mess with my] MEAN MACHINE VID>>>:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<<<
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Poser of the year   Poser of the year - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 10:27 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Is that the dude from Sugar Ray? Good Lord.
surprised Poser of the year - Page 3 811939 :defleppard: crazy happy Poser of the year - Page 3 56834
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Poser of the year   Poser of the year - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 2:54 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
SlaytanicPOWER wrote:
I bet he has not, a single venom album in his possession.

I'd bet even if you put a gun to his head, he wouldn't be able to name a single Venom song.
And then, right before the trigger gets pulled, tell him to read the small print on his shirt... \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Poser of the year   Poser of the year - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 8:31 am

mc666 wrote:
i have a Molly Hatchet shirt & don't own a single cd by them. i just like a couple of songs & bought it at a show. i didn't even stay for the whole set. so i'm a poser too.

Can I have your Molly Hatchet shirt? Very Happy

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Poser of the year   Poser of the year - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 8:46 am

Quote :
[ever seen that movie with the Corey's? I don't remember what it was called, but one of the Coreys was dating her at the time and talked her into doing some fairly explicite "stuff" for that film!! hubba-damn-hubba!]

I know that movie you're talking about but i don't remember the name either. They used to show it on HBO back in the day. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poser of the year   Poser of the year - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 9:11 am

The movie is called "Blown Away" or something like that.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Poser of the year   Poser of the year - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 9:28 am

SpectreFate wrote:
The movie is called "Blown Away" or something like that.

That's it!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Poser of the year   Poser of the year - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 9:36 am

What I find amazing is that one of the Coreys was able to date that fine babe, there truly is no justice in this world.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Poser of the year   Poser of the year - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 1:10 pm

TrogDawn wrote:

And then, right before the trigger gets pulled, tell him to read the small print on his shirt... \'arry \'eadbanger

lol! that's right.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Poser of the year   Poser of the year - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 1:32 pm

manny wrote:
What I find amazing is that one of the Coreys was able to date that fine babe, there truly is no justice in this world.

Cocaine's a helluva drug.

Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

PostSubject: Re: Poser of the year   Poser of the year - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 6:13 pm

GrandNational wrote:
SlaytanicPOWER wrote:

Hell I'll be my Slayer discography that he doesn't know what sub genre of metal they are.

Once I saw this douche on Celebrity Jeopardy with Dave Mustaine and George Clinton and he kicked their butt to the max. He may be a douche, but he sure knew music trivia, so I'm guessing he would know where Venom belongs. He was answering some of the most obscure music questions from all genre's and I was pretty impressed. Still did not make me want to pick up a Sugar Ray album though.

O RLY? Question

Do tell? Last celeb jep. i saw w/ Dave in it involved him mopping the floor with George Clinton and this one other chick.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Poser of the year   Poser of the year - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 6:21 pm

SlaytanicPOWER wrote:

Do tell? Last celeb jep. i saw w/ Dave in it involved him mopping the floor with George Clinton and this one other chick.

Moon Unit Zappa, right? She seemed retarded.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Poser of the year   Poser of the year - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 9:26 pm

SlaytanicPOWER wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
SlaytanicPOWER wrote:

Hell I'll be my Slayer discography that he doesn't know what sub genre of metal they are.

Once I saw this douche on Celebrity Jeopardy with Dave Mustaine and George Clinton and he kicked their butt to the max. He may be a douche, but he sure knew music trivia, so I'm guessing he would know where Venom belongs. He was answering some of the most obscure music questions from all genre's and I was pretty impressed. Still did not make me want to pick up a Sugar Ray album though.

O RLY? Question

I mixed the episodes up. Dave was in one with George Clinton and he kicked butt. Mark was in one with Joe Walsh. Here is something some wrote about those episodes:

>Speaking of music critics...Did anyone see the episode
>of Rock and Roll Jeopardy in which the contestants were
>all music critics from various rags? Probably the
>lowest scores in the history of that show. They didn't
>know the basics...like who sang "When Doves Cry" kind
>of stuff. It spoke volumes. (This was right after I
>saw Mark McGrath totally kick butt. There's a kid that
>knows his music.)

yeah, i saw that one. it was pretty sad. the critics
didn't know jack... i saw the mark mcgrath one. also,
i liked the ones where dave mustaine (of megadeth)
totally kicked everyone's tail. of course, he *was*
playing against george clinton and moon unit zappa-
neither of which are completely "with it."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poser of the year   Poser of the year - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 12:36 am

Hey man, Smell my finger!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Poser of the year   Poser of the year - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 11:02 am

I guess people see what they want to see, and fail to see the whole picture. If you look BEHIND the poser, you will see that he is at the premier of the Anvil movie/documentary. So I guess he though he should wear something appropriate. So I guess there is at least some thought being the shirt.

Oh, and Miley know Maiden tunes. There is a clip of her commenting on it, and name dropping song, out there somewhere. Might even be that is was posted here.....

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Poser of the year   Poser of the year - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 11:22 am

kmorg wrote:
I guess people see what they want to see, and fail to see the whole picture. If you look BEHIND the poser, you will see that he is at the premier of the Anvil movie/documentary. So I guess he though he should wear something appropriate. So I guess there is at least some thought being the shirt.

Oh, and Miley know Maiden tunes. There is a clip of her commenting on it, and name dropping song, out there somewhere. Might even be that is was posted here.....

Mark what's his name maybe a metal fan but Dustin Hoffman was at the Anvil movie preview and I doubt he headbang's to Metal on Metal in the privacy of his home.

Poser of the year - Page 3 AnvilPremiereTN018
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Poser of the year   Poser of the year - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 11:28 am

Meh, actors will show up to anything if there's gonna be cameras and press present.

PostSubject: Re: Poser of the year   Poser of the year - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Poser of the year
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3