Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Poser of the year

Go down 
+20
GrandNational
SideShowDisaSter
tohostudios
thejokeriv
sheets
the sentinel
DallasBlack
sam
nevermore
mc666
jstate
stevegarveyfan
SlaytanicPOWER
Troublezone
Stender
Schbopo
Mglaffas81
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
manny
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

Poser of the year - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poser of the year   Poser of the year - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 2:43 pm

detuned wrote:
Laughing very hard

You can put a cool shirt on a dweeb...and they're still going to be a dweeb.

Preach it!!
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Poser of the year   Poser of the year - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 2:50 pm

lol!

what a tool.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Poser of the year   Poser of the year - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 4:46 pm

Troublezone wrote:
stevegarveyfan wrote:
Heck, I'm no fan, but in his defense, I don't look any more metal than Mr. McGrath, and I wear concert shirts without getting called a poser.

In y'all's defense, it could be because I don't tout myself as something else.

Thats true... he could like metal but didn't see any money playing it for a living.

I'll go with that. Just because someone doesn't seem like the kind of person who likes a metal band, doesn't mean they don't. Though I can understand why people have their suspicions (sic).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Poser of the year   Poser of the year - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 4:48 pm

mc666 wrote:
i have a Molly Hatchet shirt & don't own a single cd by them. i just like a couple of songs & bought it at a show. i didn't even stay for the whole set. so i'm a poser too.

Yeah, you don't have to be a fanboy to have a shirt of a band or enjoy some of the music.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Poser of the year   Poser of the year - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 4:07 am

mc666 wrote:
so i'm a poser too.

Well, duh. Tell us something we don't know.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poser of the year   Poser of the year - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 4:14 am

And speaking of mega-posers-that-think-they-are-Gods'-gift:
Poser of the year - Page 2 00-Axl

W. Axl Rose wrote:
"Do ya like my corn-rows? I had them imported. No, silly! I mean I had the stylist imported. You. You and your cute little ass are gonna get in trouble! C'm here...NOW! I will teach a lesson in respecting you elders! Now drop those drawers!"
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Poser of the year   Poser of the year - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 4:17 am

DallasBlack wrote:
mc666 wrote:
i have a Molly Hatchet shirt & don't own a single cd by them. i just like a couple of songs & bought it at a show. i didn't even stay for the whole set. so i'm a poser too.

Yeah, you don't have to be a fanboy to have a shirt of a band or enjoy some of the music.

A lot of metal fans don't look the part. Maybe when he was a kid he liked them in high school or something.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poser of the year   Poser of the year - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 4:28 am

Have you guys ever heard "Lemonaid and Brownies? It kills!!!! Don't take what you have heard that Mark makes the big dough off of. He actually had real punk integrity in the early 90's. But, was too talented to not go for the bucks.

I have decided that I don't blame guys that sellout. I would probably do the same, given chance. Hell - I rather pay the electric bill than squat like I did as a kid. As long as ya have an outlet for your true emotions - scam the mallrats, I say!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Poser of the year   Poser of the year - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 9:53 am

Metalguy wrote:
Does it come off as a pre-planned, poser-ish move? Sure. That shirt looks like it was bought that morning. But no more than Miley Cyrus wearing a pre-faded Iron Maiden t-shirt. But I think the dude has some tiny bit of credibility.

But could he stump the Trunk? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Poser of the year   Poser of the year - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 10:13 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
And anyone that remembers him on VH-1's Rock n' Roll Jeopardy knows he's got a ton of band knowledge rolling around in that frosted-tip head of his.

I was about to say, one of my buddies watched that show and was in awe of the guy's musical trivia knowledge Smile

Quote :
Miley Cyrus wearing a pre-faded Iron Maiden t-shirt. But I think the dude has some tiny bit of credibility.

Miley was caught wearing a Maiden shirt? I remember Lindsey Lohan was photographed in a Maiden shirt, too. I often doubt these conspiracy theories that fret about hipsters encroaching on metal but it makes me wonder...
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Poser of the year   Poser of the year - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 10:18 am

UNCLE SAXON wrote:
And speaking of mega-posers-that-think-they-are-Gods'-gift:
Poser of the year - Page 2 00-Axl

W. Axl Rose wrote:
"Do ya like my corn-rows? I had them imported. No, silly! I mean I had the stylist imported. You. You and your cute little ass are gonna get in trouble! C'm here...NOW! I will teach a lesson in respecting you elders! Now drop those drawers!"

LOL!!! I have been saying Axl is a POSER since GnR first hit the scene!!!!!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Poser of the year   Poser of the year - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 10:28 am

sheets wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
And anyone that remembers him on VH-1's Rock n' Roll Jeopardy knows he's got a ton of band knowledge rolling around in that frosted-tip head of his.

I was about to say, one of my buddies watched that show and was in awe of the guy's musical trivia knowledge Smile

Quote :
Miley Cyrus wearing a pre-faded Iron Maiden t-shirt. But I think the dude has some tiny bit of credibility.

Miley was caught wearing a Maiden shirt? I remember Lindsey Lohan was photographed in a Maiden shirt, too. I often doubt these conspiracy theories that fret about hipsters encroaching on metal but it makes me wonder...

I'm pretty sure she was, but I could be mistaken. It's so difficult to keep track of all these teen idols. They're all so dreamy. :flower:

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Poser of the year   Poser of the year - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 10:30 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
sheets wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Quote :

I'm pretty sure she was, but I could be mistaken. It's so difficult to keep track of all these teen idols. They're all so dreamy. :flower:

Yes, but they have nothing on Debbie Gibson!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poser of the year   Poser of the year - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 10:31 am

Poser of the year - Page 2 Miley-cyrus-girls-day-out-13
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poser of the year   Poser of the year - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 10:31 am

Quote :
Yes, but they have nothing on Debbie Gibson!!!!

Keep it up, joker. Keep it up. Poser of the year - Page 2 19976
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Poser of the year   Poser of the year - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 10:43 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Poser of the year - Page 2 Miley-cyrus-girls-day-out-13

See, I'd believe that Mark McGrath could name some Venom songs before Miss Montana here could sing some Maiden.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Poser of the year   Poser of the year - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 10:47 am

UNCLE SAXON wrote:
Have you guys ever heard "Lemonaid and Brownies? It kills!!!! Don't take what you have heard that Mark makes the big dough off of. He actually had real punk integrity in the early 90's. But, was too talented to not go for the bucks.

I have decided that I don't blame guys that sellout. I would probably do the same, given chance. Hell - I rather pay the electric bill than squat like I did as a kid. As long as ya have an outlet for your true emotions - scam the mallrats, I say!

Lemonade and Brownies is excellent! I like the song about Mike Tyson.

PostSubject: Re: Poser of the year   Poser of the year - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 10:48 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Laughing very hard

No matter how crappy my day begins...I can always count on MG for a laugh. Awesome.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Poser of the year   Poser of the year - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 11:01 am

tohostudios wrote:
UNCLE SAXON wrote:

I never owned Lemonade & Brownies, but I've heard it and yea, it's quite different than their more radio-friendly "I Just Wanna Fly" stuff. They really progressed from their early days. I have one of their cd's, the most popular one I'd guess, that I inherited from my wife's measly music collection when we got married.

PostSubject: Re: Poser of the year   Poser of the year - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 1:35 pm

I bet Miley would rock The Trooper. They should put that on the show.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poser of the year   Poser of the year - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 1:36 pm

TheNazgul wrote:

In a couple years I'd let her rock my trooper.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Poser of the year   Poser of the year - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 3:13 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
TheNazgul wrote:

In a couple years I'd let her rock my trooper.

In a couple years, my ass. You'd let her do it tomorrow if you could. Laughing

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Poser of the year   Poser of the year - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 3:35 pm

SlaytanicPOWER wrote:
I bet he has not, a single venom album in his possession.

Hell I'll be my Slayer discography that he doesn't know what sub genre of metal they are.

Once I saw this douche on Celebrity Jeopardy with Dave Mustaine and George Clinton and he kicked their butt to the max. He may be a douche, but he sure knew music trivia, so I'm guessing he would know where Venom belongs. He was answering some of the most obscure music questions from all genre's and I was pretty impressed. Still did not make me want to pick up a Sugar Ray album though.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Poser of the year   Poser of the year - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 3:41 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
UNCLE SAXON wrote:

I never owned Lemonade & Brownies, but I've heard it and yea, it's quite different than their more radio-friendly "I Just Wanna Fly" stuff. They really progressed from their early days. I have one of their cd's, the most popular one I'd guess, that I inherited from my wife's measly music collection when we got married.

Yeah, the first album is closer to Stuck Mojo territory; lots of rap metal.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Poser of the year   Poser of the year - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 3:43 pm

I vaguely remember a Sugar Ray track from years back called "Mean Machine" (I think) that got some radio play and was pretty good hard-charging stuff; would that be off of the "Lemonade & Brownies" album that has been previously mentioned? I think I even remember seeing ads for that single in some metal magazines around that time (early to mid 90s).

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poser of the year   Poser of the year - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Poser of the year
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next