Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I went to see TSO on New year's Eve.

Go down 
+3
Fat Freddy
TrogDawn
DallasBlack
7 posters
AuthorMessage

I went to see TSO on New year's Eve. Empty
PostSubject: I went to see TSO on New year's Eve.   I went to see TSO on New year's Eve. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 10:46 am

Hey, it's kinda' metal.

I made the 5 hour drive to Birmingham, Al. When I walked into the arena they were playing Criss' hidden track on the Sirens Silver cd over the PA. Very cool, although I had to wonder how many people here had a clue who he was. That was my first impression. The crowd was was different than I thought they would be. I had to be happy for the guys. 12,500 people were there.

I think anybody who likes music would like this show. the violin chick is amazing. Angnus Clark and Al Pitrelli did a guitar duel and played off the crowd. The narrator could read Full metal jacket's post, and make it look like a nobel prize winner. The highlight for me was seeing Johnny Lee Middleton up there in front of all those people. Everything was just great, and then Al introduced Tommy Shaw, and he came out and played some Styx songs, and did Sarajevo with TSO. Very cool.

I just couldn't help but think of Savatage and what they have become. I was wondering if these grandparents had any clue, that the orgin of this band, was a band that sang a song called Necrophilia.

Overall, I got way more than my money's worth.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I went to see TSO on New year's Eve.   I went to see TSO on New year's Eve. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 11:00 am

Al Pitrelli is such an awesome guitarist. I'd like to see TSO someday.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: I went to see TSO on New year's Eve.   I went to see TSO on New year's Eve. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 2:25 pm

I saw TSO about three years ago and I can vouch that Al Pitrelli IS awesome. Before the concert I new Al was good but after that concert I can honestly say, while nobody will ever be better than Criss IMO, there was no better replacement. When I saw them they had this one chick singing Christmas Cannon Rock and GOOD LORD she could sing!!! I don't know if it's possible to fall in love with a woman for her voice but I felt like I did. I will definatly see TSO again ASAP, awesome show.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: I went to see TSO on New year's Eve.   I went to see TSO on New year's Eve. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 2:29 pm

Great show! I saw them here in Phoenix this past November with Harmonic Squeal and Transient Soul. 🤘
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following

PostSubject: Re: I went to see TSO on New year's Eve.   I went to see TSO on New year's Eve. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 2:29 pm

Quote :
When I saw them they had this one chick singing Christmas Cannon Rock and GOOD LORD she could sing!!! I don't know if it's possible to fall in love with a woman for her voice but I felt like I did. I will definatly see TSO again ASAP, awesome show.

You leave my woman alone!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: I went to see TSO on New year's Eve.   I went to see TSO on New year's Eve. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 2:45 pm

SoldierUnderCommand wrote:
Quote :
When I saw them they had this one chick singing Christmas Cannon Rock and GOOD LORD she could sing!!! I don't know if it's possible to fall in love with a woman for her voice but I felt like I did. I will definatly see TSO again ASAP, awesome show.

You leave my woman alone!

Try and stop me!!!!! :kickbutt:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I went to see TSO on New year's Eve.   I went to see TSO on New year's Eve. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 2:49 pm

I went to see TSO on New year's Eve. S_9dc22d30167934956a77949c0bebe6f3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I went to see TSO on New year's Eve.   I went to see TSO on New year's Eve. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 2:52 pm

I just couldn't help but think of Savatage and what they have become. I was wondering if these grandparents had any clue, that the orgin of this band, was a band that sang a song called Necrophilia.
They have no idea. I'd imagine that half the audience would bow their head in shame if they knew that their new favorite Christmas ("Sarejevo 12/24") was originally that dirty metal band's song. Haha.

It is funny seeing the old people rock out, though. And yeah, it is good seeing the guys in Savatage and whatnot getting recognition like this. Maybe not the sort they should have been getting all along, but deserved nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: I went to see TSO on New year's Eve.   I went to see TSO on New year's Eve. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 3:13 pm

Eyesore wrote:
They have no idea. I'd imagine that half the audience would bow their head in shame if they knew that their new favorite Christmas ("Sarejevo 12/24") was originally that dirty metal band's song. Haha.

It is funny seeing the old people rock out, though. And yeah, it is good seeing the guys in Savatage and whatnot getting recognition like this. Maybe not the sort they should have been getting all along, but deserved nonetheless.

I bumped into a middle aged couple (late 40s/early 50s) in ShopRite about a year ago that was wearing matching Trans-Siberian Orchestra "Winter Tour" shirts. I couldn't help myself, I said "Great shirts! Great band!" and the woman sez to me (in thick-as-mud South Jersey accent) "Oh my GAWD, you know 'em? Y'ever SEEN EM? Oh my GAWD, you GOTTA go, it was a FAAAAAAAANTASTIC show. We seen'em every year for the last t'ree years. I LOOOOOOVE'em!"

I had to stifle a chuckle as they walked away, then I turned to my wife and said "If I laid some of Savatage's POWER OF THE NIGHT on those people they'd probably sh*t a brick!"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: I went to see TSO on New year's Eve.   I went to see TSO on New year's Eve. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 3:15 pm

i must get that album freddy it looks good
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: I went to see TSO on New year's Eve.   I went to see TSO on New year's Eve. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 3:24 pm

Missed 'em this year, a friend gave me tickets and I lost them! angry
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: I went to see TSO on New year's Eve.   I went to see TSO on New year's Eve. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 4:16 pm

I went to see TSO on New year's Eve. S_9dc22d30167934956a77949c0bebe6f3

What is her name out of curiosity? I lost the program from that concert (or it's lost somewhere in storage).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I went to see TSO on New year's Eve.   I went to see TSO on New year's Eve. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 4:17 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I bumped into a middle aged couple (late 40s/early 50s) in ShopRite about a year ago that was wearing matching Trans-Siberian Orchestra "Winter Tour" shirts. I couldn't help myself, I said "Great shirts! Great band!" and the woman sez to me (in thick-as-mud South Jersey accent) "Oh my GAWD, you know 'em? Y'ever SEEN EM? Oh my GAWD, you GOTTA go, it was a FAAAAAAAANTASTIC show. We seen'em every year for the last t'ree years. I LOOOOOOVE'em!"

I had to stifle a chuckle as they walked away, then I turned to my wife and said "If I laid some of Savatage's POWER OF THE NIGHT on those people they'd probably sh*t a brick!"
lol!

It is pretty funny. Even an album like The Wake of Magellan would probably have them cowering in a fetal position in the shower, crying and begging God for forgiveness.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: I went to see TSO on New year's Eve.   I went to see TSO on New year's Eve. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 4:05 am

Sweet! Glad you got to see them, Rich! Did you get Johnny and Al to sign any stuff at the meet and greet? JLM has signed all my Savatage covers now and Al has signed all of the ones he was on.

I was talking to a girl my own age a few months back who was a big TSO fan and I suggested she look into Savatage. I'll be willing to bet she bought a few of the later albums at least.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I went to see TSO on New year's Eve.   I went to see TSO on New year's Eve. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 4:58 am

Dallas, I think her name is Erin Grey.

Nope Nice, never even knew about a meet and greet.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: I went to see TSO on New year's Eve.   I went to see TSO on New year's Eve. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 10:22 am

Quote :
Dallas, I think her name is Erin Grey.

Wasn't that the chick from Buck Rogers and Silver Spoons?

I've seen TSO 4 or 5 times now and it's just a great time. My parents are really into 'em too and they were never into, as my dad would say "that head-banging crapolla". The east-coast shows had Alex Skolnik on guitar and whenever I'd listen to Testament, I always like to point out to my wife "You hear that? That's the guy from TSO."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I went to see TSO on New year's Eve.   I went to see TSO on New year's Eve. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 11:45 am

Erin Henry, my bad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I went to see TSO on New year's Eve.   I went to see TSO on New year's Eve. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I went to see TSO on New year's Eve.
Page 1 of 1