Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fake poser groups

Go down 
+16
corplhicks
James B.
Short-Fuse
thejokeriv
Smindas
Temple of Blood
Witchfinder
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
manny
Sword Of The Heretic
Eyesore
Shawn Of Fire
Citanul
joe_metal
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
joe_metal
Metal novice
Metal novice
joe_metal

Number of posts : 11

Fake poser groups Empty
PostSubject: Fake poser groups   Fake poser groups Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 7:13 am

Why does this site have those fake poser groups like Poison, Europe, Motley Crue, Winger....??? And The Cars????Phil Collins???? METAL???? Seriously????
Back to top Go down
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

Fake poser groups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake poser groups   Fake poser groups Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 7:52 am

I don't see this ending well...
Back to top Go down
joe_metal
Metal novice
Metal novice
joe_metal

Fake poser groups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake poser groups   Fake poser groups Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 7:55 am

I just want to know how in the hell is Phil Collins metal? Hell, he isn't even rock!
Genesis?? Yes??? JOURNEY???? WTF man?
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

Fake poser groups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake poser groups   Fake poser groups Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 7:59 am

joe_metal wrote:
I just want to know how in the hell is Phil Collins metal? Hell, he isn't even rock!
Genesis?? Yes??? JOURNEY???? WTF man?

If they're on a different part of the board, and not in the main Metal forum, I don't see the issue.

And nobody is claiming they are "Metal", just that sometimes these other bands get listened to by people here.

Back to top Go down
joe_metal
Metal novice
Metal novice
joe_metal

Fake poser groups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake poser groups   Fake poser groups Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 8:04 am

"NoLifeTilMetal - CD Collection"
www nolifetilmetal com

Whoever made this just doesn't know what is metal and should remove these bands from this list. I mean, whoever makes a page about metal and puts f*ckin' Foreigner on it, clearly has to get his ears checked.

I Wanna Know What Love Is...So METAL  \'arry \'eadbanger \'arry \'eadbanger \'arry \'eadbanger \'arry \'eadbanger \'arry \'eadbanger  Yea right Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Fake poser groups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake poser groups   Fake poser groups Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 8:09 am

joe_metal wrote:
"NoLifeTilMetal - CD Collection"
www nolifetilmetal com

Whoever made this just doesn't know what is metal and should remove these bands from this list. I mean, whoever makes a page about metal and puts f*ckin' Foreigner on it, clearly has to get his ears checked.

I Wanna Know What Love Is...So METAL  \'arry \'eadbanger \'arry \'eadbanger \'arry \'eadbanger \'arry \'eadbanger \'arry \'eadbanger  Yea right Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

It's one person's CD collection. It's mostly Metal.

You need a hobby.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
joe_metal
Metal novice
Metal novice
joe_metal

Fake poser groups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake poser groups   Fake poser groups Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 8:20 am

Well I HAVE a hobby. Metal is my hobby. But when people call bands that are not metal in the slightest, it just pisses me of.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Fake poser groups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake poser groups   Fake poser groups Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 8:21 am

joe_metal wrote:
Why does this site have those fake poser groups like Poison, Europe, Motley Crue, Winger....??? And The Cars????Phil Collins???? METAL???? Seriously????

Back to top Go down
joe_metal
Metal novice
Metal novice
joe_metal

Fake poser groups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake poser groups   Fake poser groups Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 8:27 am

And? What's your point?
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Fake poser groups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake poser groups   Fake poser groups Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 8:37 am

joe_metal wrote:
Well I HAVE a hobby. Metal is my hobby. But when people call bands that are not metal in the slightest, it just pisses me of.

Nobody is calling those bands "Metal"...
Back to top Go down
joe_metal
Metal novice
Metal novice
joe_metal

Fake poser groups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake poser groups   Fake poser groups Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 8:42 am

Then why are they on a page that claims to be about metal?
Why is the page not called "no life til pop" or something then?
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Fake poser groups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake poser groups   Fake poser groups Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 8:44 am

joe_metal wrote:

Because that's what the page owner chose to call it. If you took the time to look through it, you'd see it's mostly Metal. Just because the dude has some non-Metal albums in his collection doesn't mean he has to change the name of his page.

There's really no reason to be so upset about it.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
joe_metal
Metal novice
Metal novice
joe_metal

Fake poser groups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake poser groups   Fake poser groups Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 8:47 am

I'm just reading the page "personal history of metal" and he says Aerosmith are metal there.
WTF, they're not metal, they're a classic rock band. And a lame and boring one at that.
Also I see Twisted Sister and Motley Crue? WTF, that's not metal, those bands are faggy p*ssy-rock for girls, I thought only soccer moms who were little girls 30 years ago still listen to this crap. Can't see how any self-respecting metalhead could like that shit.
Back to top Go down
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

Fake poser groups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake poser groups   Fake poser groups Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 8:48 am

From the NLTM FAQ

Quote :
OK, I know, there are some non-metal discs in this list. So-what!!!
Sometimes I dig the Blues, somtimes I enjoy some old progressive rock like Yes & Genesis and...gasp!..sometimes even some Gospel music like Keith Green. Many metal bands were inspired by these artists. Variety is the spice of life, right!? Also I realize that by today's standards bands like Thin Lizzy and Aersomith are considered hard rock rather than heavy metal, but in the 70's these bands were heavy metal and were also the inspiration for many more modern metal bands.

Also, I don't really care if you don't like so-called "poser" bands like Slaughter and Cinderella or not. If you don't like them, and you only like the heavier stuff, then so be it, this is not your page, it's mine. So, please do not waste your time sending me insipid emails about how this band "sucks" or that band is for "posers," as I really don't care.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Fake poser groups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake poser groups   Fake poser groups Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 8:51 am

joe_metal wrote:
I'm just reading the page "personal history of metal" and he says Aerosmith are metal there.
WTF, they're not metal, they're a classic rock band. And a lame and boring one at that.
Also I see Twisted Sister and Motley Crue? WTF, that's not metal, those bands are faggy p*ssy-rock for girls, I thought only soccer moms who were little girls 30 years ago still listen to this crap. Can't see how any self-respecting metalhead could like that shit.

That's all perspective. There was a time when Meshuggah didn't exist. There was a time when Motley Crue and Aerosmith were two of the heaviest bands there were. Just because you weren't around then and don't remember that time doesn't mean it's not true.

Compared to any band you would name, these bands do seem more "Classic Rock"...but there was a time when the bands you could name didn't exist and Crue and Aerosmith were Heavy Metal.

You don't have to like it...but it is what it is.
Back to top Go down
joe_metal
Metal novice
Metal novice
joe_metal

Fake poser groups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake poser groups   Fake poser groups Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 8:55 am

Well it's heard for me to imagine these f*ggots were ever the heaviest bands around, but even if they were, that doesn't make them metal.
I guess there was also a time when Elvis was the heaviest thing around, does that mean Elvis was metal then?
Jeez... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 605

Fake poser groups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake poser groups   Fake poser groups Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 8:57 am

And THIS is one of the reasons why I'm glad I'm not like that anymore.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Fake poser groups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake poser groups   Fake poser groups Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 8:58 am

joe_metal wrote:
Well it's heard for me to imagine these f*ggots were ever the heaviest bands around, but even if they were, that doesn't make them metal.
I guess there was also a time when Elvis was the heaviest thing around, does that mean Elvis was metal then?

No.

Heavy Metal was a term coined in the 70s. Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Aerosmith, Ted Nugent, Deep Purple, these were the bands that were Heavy Metal.

Like all things, Heavy Metal evolved.

Maybe instead of being pissed off at someone's website, you could talk about and start threads about bands you like? Let's try that...
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Fake poser groups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake poser groups   Fake poser groups Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 9:29 am

joe_metal wrote:

Joe, you have a right to your opinion, but calling bands f*ggots because you don't agree they are a metal band is not cool, and I am asking you to excerise a bit of common courtsey or you shall be banned.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Fake poser groups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake poser groups   Fake poser groups Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 9:29 am

Trollin' trollin' trollin', keep them doggies trollin'...

Quote :
excerise a bit of common courtsey or you shall be banned.

^ What he said. Me 'n' Manny is both moderators 'n' stuff, so we can totally do that. Consider this your official warning.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Fake poser groups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake poser groups   Fake poser groups Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 9:45 am

joe_metal wrote:

This is a forum with sub-forums dedicated to other styles of music and things, as there are many people here that into other styles of music and things. Not very hard to follow, bud.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Fake poser groups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake poser groups   Fake poser groups Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 10:10 am

I'm with joe_metal on this one. Pfft. Nothing but a buncha posers here.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

Fake poser groups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake poser groups   Fake poser groups Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 11:34 am

Oh boy. Another one.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Fake poser groups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake poser groups   Fake poser groups Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 11:45 am

All of us METAL guys gotta stick together. I'm sure Metalken, MetalRob331 and Metal Misfit would all agree. METAL, METAL, METAL!!!

Fake poser groups 506406 

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Fake poser groups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake poser groups   Fake poser groups Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 11:51 am

I'm terrified of this new person's opinions that disagree with mine. Let's ban him immediately and keep the board free of new members or anyone under the age of 40.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fake poser groups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake poser groups   Fake poser groups Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fake poser groups
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next