Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Poser of the year

Go down 
+20
GrandNational
SideShowDisaSter
tohostudios
thejokeriv
sheets
the sentinel
DallasBlack
sam
nevermore
mc666
jstate
stevegarveyfan
SlaytanicPOWER
Troublezone
Stender
Schbopo
Mglaffas81
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
manny
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Poser of the year Empty
PostSubject: Poser of the year   Poser of the year Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 2:51 pm

Poser of the year Ss-090413-twics-19.ss_fullKristian Dowling / Getty Images

Dressed to thrill

Musician Mark McGrath arrives for the premiere of "Anvil! The Story Of Anvil" on Tuesday, April 7, in Los Angeles.
Back to top Go down

Poser of the year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poser of the year   Poser of the year Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 2:53 pm

Laughing very hard

You can put a cool shirt on a dweeb...and they're still going to be a dweeb.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Poser of the year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poser of the year   Poser of the year Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 3:16 pm

Is that the dude from Sugar Ray? Good Lord.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

Poser of the year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poser of the year   Poser of the year Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 3:25 pm

Ghey ghey ghey ghey ghey.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Poser of the year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poser of the year   Poser of the year Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 3:55 pm

I heard a great story about that guy from my friend that used to work for Rhino Records.

Rhino was courting Sugar Ray to put out a greatest hits comp and my friend John took Mark and a few other guys out for a "night on the town". Without going into too many details, Mr. Sugar Ray up there ran up a HUGE tab at the strip club, especially in the Champagne Room, demanded that Rhino pay for everything and was going around asking everyone if they had any coke and was having a fit when noone delivered. He was playing the role of spoiled Rock Star douche to the max that evening.

All things considdered, it's pretty standard LA rock star behavior, but hearing my buddy John telling it first-hand had us in stitches.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

Poser of the year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poser of the year   Poser of the year Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 4:42 pm

Oh, that's priceless!! Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

Poser of the year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poser of the year   Poser of the year Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 4:45 pm

Suddenly I'm curious as to what that tattoo is.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Poser of the year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poser of the year   Poser of the year Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 5:24 pm

What a twat.
Back to top Go down

Poser of the year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poser of the year   Poser of the year Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 5:27 pm

No worse then liking Debbie Gibson. Right?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Poser of the year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poser of the year   Poser of the year Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 5:27 pm

Schbopo wrote:
Suddenly I'm curious as to what that tattoo is.

Looks like a wannabe gangsta type thing.
Back to top Go down
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

Poser of the year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poser of the year   Poser of the year Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 5:33 pm

I bet he has not, a single venom album in his possession.

Hell I'll be my Slayer discography that he doesn't know what sub genre of metal they are.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Poser of the year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poser of the year   Poser of the year Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 5:34 pm

I saw a pic of him hanging out at one of those old Headbanger's Ball parties. He is into what ever is "in" at the time. I also saw the guitarist from LIT at a Maiden concert years ago...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Poser of the year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poser of the year   Poser of the year Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 5:49 pm

SlaytanicPOWER wrote:
I bet he has not, a single venom album in his possession.

I'd bet even if you put a gun to his head, he wouldn't be able to name a single Venom song.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

Poser of the year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poser of the year   Poser of the year Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 6:29 pm

TheNazgul wrote:

I LOVE Debbie if that's what you meant.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Poser of the year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poser of the year   Poser of the year Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 6:35 pm

Speaking of Venom...

Poser of the year 1ptrans VENOM Drummer Quits - Apr. 15, 2009
Drummer Antony "Antton" Lant has announced his departure from the pioneering British black metal band VENOM. "I have left for various reasons and would like to concentrate on my own band called DEF-CON-ONE," Antton — who is the brother of VENOM frontman Conrad "Cronos" Lant — tells BLABBERMOUTH.NET.

"Hell", the latest album from VENOM, was released in North America in September 2008 via Universal Music Enterprises.

"Hypocracy", the latest video from DEF-CON-ONE, can be viewed below. The song comes off the group's recently released 10-track CD "Blood Soaks The Floor", which is available from the band's MySpace page.

In an interview with Metal Storm Magazine, Antton stated about "Blood Soaks The Floor", "We recorded it all ourselves. We bought a digital recorder so we could put some demos together and we were more than surprised with what came out. Johnny [guitar] does most of the engineering side of things. And we basically recorded all the kit and vocals in our rehearsal room, we just went in and played through the tracks. The guitars and bass were all done at Johnny's using Line 6 guitar ports."

On the subject of the "Hypocracy" song, Antton said, "We kinda came across this track by accident. Me and Johnny were just jamming and we were all a bit like, 'Quick, record that before we forget it.' It's a downer when you come up with something cool and by time you get to put it down, it's not quite the same, so it's a mad panic to get a couple of mics plugged in to grab the essence of the track. Then Steve [bass] started throwing ideas in and the way the vocals are brutal as Smurf. The track came together really quickly."

DEF-CON-ONE is currently unsigned and is seeking management.

Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

Poser of the year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poser of the year   Poser of the year Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 7:34 pm

Heck, I'm no fan, but in his defense, I don't look any more metal than Mr. McGrath, and I wear concert shirts without getting called a poser.

In y'all's defense, it could be because I don't tout myself as something else.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

Poser of the year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poser of the year   Poser of the year Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 7:54 pm

Hey, who knows, he could be a die-hard Venom fan. I don't know his life.
Back to top Go down

Poser of the year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poser of the year   Poser of the year Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 7:58 pm

Schbopo wrote:
Hey, who knows, he could be a die-hard Venom fan. I don't know his life.

You're a peach.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Poser of the year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poser of the year   Poser of the year Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 8:09 pm

stevegarveyfan wrote:
Heck, I'm no fan, but in his defense, I don't look any more metal than Mr. McGrath, and I wear concert shirts without getting called a poser.

In y'all's defense, it could be because I don't tout myself as something else.

Thats true... he could like metal but didn't see any money playing it for a living.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

Poser of the year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poser of the year   Poser of the year Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 8:39 pm

I love the way the shirt appears to be brand new and he has to hold his jacket open so everyone can see how "metal" he is. Good for him if he is truly a fan, but if I had to guess I'd say his stylist is more likely the fan.
Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

Poser of the year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poser of the year   Poser of the year Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 9:36 pm

jstate wrote:
I love the way the shirt appears to be brand new and he has to hold his jacket open so everyone can see how "metal" he is. Good for him if he is truly a fan, but if I had to guess I'd say his stylist is more likely the fan.

It's also very possible that he wasn't "sporting" it, but the photographer asked to see his shirt, and that photographer caught this "soundbyte" and that's the picture we see. It is possible.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Poser of the year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poser of the year   Poser of the year Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 12:53 am

i have a Molly Hatchet shirt & don't own a single cd by them. i just like a couple of songs & bought it at a show. i didn't even stay for the whole set. so i'm a poser too.

SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

Poser of the year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poser of the year   Poser of the year Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 8:58 am

stevegarveyfan wrote:
jstate wrote:
I love the way the shirt
appears to be brand new and he has to hold his jacket open so everyone
can see how "metal" he is. Good for him if he is truly a fan, but if I
had to guess I'd say his stylist is more likely the fan.

It's
also very possible that he wasn't "sporting" it, but the photographer
asked to see his shirt, and that photographer caught this "soundbyte"
and that's the picture we see. It is possible.

Yeah, it's quite possible.

We conclude then that poser-ism cannot be determined by aesthetics.

mc666 wrote:
i have a Molly Hatchet shirt & don't own a single cd by them. i just like a couple of songs & bought it at a show. i didn't even stay for the whole set. so i'm a poser too.

Indeed... JK, lol
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Poser of the year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poser of the year   Poser of the year Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 10:53 am

Ahhhh who knows? I will say this in his defense. Before he was in Sugar Ray, he did the whole Sunset Strip thing, singing in bands and trying to hit the big time. And anyone that remembers him on VH-1's Rock n' Roll Jeopardy knows he's got a ton of band knowledge rolling around in that frosted-tip head of his.

Does it come off as a pre-planned, poser-ish move? Sure. That shirt looks like it was bought that morning. But no more than Miley Cyrus wearing a pre-faded Iron Maiden t-shirt. But I think the dude has some tiny bit of credibility.

Poser of the year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poser of the year   Poser of the year Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 2:38 pm

Quote :

TheNazgul wrote:

I LOVE Debbie if that's what you meant.

Others have made the point. We don't know much about him so how can we say. It looks weird but so does liking Gibson yet being into metal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Poser of the year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poser of the year   Poser of the year Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Poser of the year
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next