Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

First Christian Metal Album?

Go down 
+37
BillRoxx
JBall_Z
MetalFRO
SAHB Healer
Sword Of The Heretic
stepcousin
Addy
mr.electric39
scottmitchell74
Schbopo
shamgar75
metalhead777
Stender
Thrasher73
metalheaded
stevegarveyfan
7thSecond
7thSaviour
James B.
nevermore
GrandNational
thejokeriv
MetalH
krokus
EvyMetal
MetalGuy71
powermacho
Temple of Blood
Lurideath
sam
candlemass
akeldama
ultmetal
mc666
manny
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

First Christian Metal Album? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Christian Metal Album?   First Christian Metal Album? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 9:16 pm

It was definitely Strypers yellow and black attack for me.

It was the first original 6 song version and I had bought it on vinyl and later went to get the yellow vinyl version.
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: First Christian Metal Album?   First Christian Metal Album? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 12:28 pm

detuned wrote:
I'm just giving him grief. Anybody that likes Kaiju films as much as I do is okay with me.

🤘

Hearty agreement about Kaiju cinema..... Own all the Big G flix minus several from the 1970's.... Grew up watching the 50's-60's stuff and picked up the 1980's- current....

War of the Gargantuas is a particular fav that's a non Big G flix. Glad it came out last year on DVD.
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: First Christian Metal Album?   First Christian Metal Album? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 11:24 am

The first one I would call metal was Stryper - SUC. But prior to that I was a fan of Petra, and especially Jerusalem. I'm not sure if I heard Leviticus just before or just after Stryper though. Leviticus might be the band tht released the first all metal platter with their 1982 EP.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: First Christian Metal Album?   First Christian Metal Album? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 11:38 am

kmorg wrote:
The first one I would call metal was Stryper - SUC. But prior to that I was a fan of Petra, and especially Jerusalem. I'm not sure if I heard Leviticus just before or just after Stryper though. Leviticus might be the band tht released the first all metal platter with their 1982 EP.
Jerusalem and Leviticus were among the first major Euro Christian rockers, right? I always loved "Dancing On The Head Of The Serpent". 🤘
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: First Christian Metal Album?   First Christian Metal Album? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 8:19 pm

7thSaviour wrote:
kmorg wrote:
Jerusalem and Leviticus were among the first major Euro Christian rockers, right? I always loved "Dancing On The Head Of The Serpent". 🤘

Yes. Jerusalem released their first album in 1978/79 simply entitled Volume 1. More rock then hard rock.. Dancing On the Head wasn't released until 87 or 88 if memory serves me correctly. I thought their 3rd disc was brilliant 'Warrior'....

Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: First Christian Metal Album?   First Christian Metal Album? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 11:14 am

Jerusalem used to released their album first in Swedish language versions, then in English. So all your dates are probably correct Very Happy

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: First Christian Metal Album?   First Christian Metal Album? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 1:03 pm

I can't understand much of what the Leviticus singer is trying to sing, because his accent is so goshdarn thick! Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: First Christian Metal Album?   First Christian Metal Album? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 5:18 pm

mc666 wrote:
The Crucified self titled

Same here.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: First Christian Metal Album?   First Christian Metal Album? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 6:04 pm

My dad would monitor the albums I got. If there was any satanic imagery, overly sexual, graphic or gory, or parental advisory on the cover I would not be allowed to have it. Being a big death metal fan at the time that described about 85% of those albums. I remember a friend once telling me of a band called Living Sacrifice being a Christian death/thrash band so I figured that my dad would allow me Christian death metal and of course he had no problem with that. The album I got from them was Nonexistent. So that was my first one it was followed by Believer-Dimensions and Mortification's s/t (which I stole from Wal-Mart). I later got Inhabit and Scrolls from LS and Mort. respectfully. After that I didn't get any Christian metal until I became a Christian three years later. My first Christian metal album as a Christian was Tourniquet-Crawl To China.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: First Christian Metal Album?   First Christian Metal Album? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 11:18 pm

Mine was the Stryper album that has "Calling On You", I got their stuff up
until In God We Trust, wasn't really heavy into them though. Not a religious
person, I got the Stryper stuff because I liked the sound of the music.

How does one listen to sex, drugs, and rock n' roll, then turn around and
listen to messages about our savior? I've never really been big on lyrics
anyway, it's so easy to take a great statement, put it in a song, and make
it sound like crap.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Christian Metal Album?   First Christian Metal Album? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 10:59 pm

detuned wrote:
DenimAndLeather wrote:
To Hell With The Devil was my first metal abum, and christin metal album.

Just out of curiosity, what were you listening to prior to that?

Didn't listen to much music before that. Maybe pop music when I was a little kid. I remember liking Styx amd The boss.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Christian Metal Album?   First Christian Metal Album? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 11:06 pm

Wow. I started really early, there was always music on around the house when I was a kid. My Grandmother taught me how to operate the stereo when I was 3 years old (all of my Mother and Uncle's old 45's they left behind when they went to college), I got my first rock album at age 4, saw my first rock concert by the time I was around 6.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Christian Metal Album?   First Christian Metal Album? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 11:10 pm

I pretty much listened to what was on the radio until I found metal. I liked music, but not as much as I came to like it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Christian Metal Album?   First Christian Metal Album? - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Christian Metal Album?
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4