Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

First Christian Metal Album?

Go down 
+37
BillRoxx
JBall_Z
MetalFRO
SAHB Healer
Sword Of The Heretic
stepcousin
Addy
mr.electric39
scottmitchell74
Schbopo
shamgar75
metalhead777
Stender
Thrasher73
metalheaded
stevegarveyfan
7thSecond
7thSaviour
James B.
nevermore
GrandNational
thejokeriv
MetalH
krokus
EvyMetal
MetalGuy71
powermacho
Temple of Blood
Lurideath
sam
candlemass
akeldama
ultmetal
mc666
manny
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

First Christian Metal Album? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Christian Metal Album?   First Christian Metal Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 3:37 pm

I was late in the game, but the first one I ever purchased was Hammer of God by Mortification in '99.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: First Christian Metal Album?   First Christian Metal Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 6:00 pm

Stryper - Soldiers Under Command
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: First Christian Metal Album?   First Christian Metal Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 6:08 pm

I got a Barren Cross "rock for the king" tape first
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: First Christian Metal Album?   First Christian Metal Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 7:47 pm

The first one I personally owned was IGWT by Stryper, but I already had Petra albums before that.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

PostSubject: Re: First Christian Metal Album?   First Christian Metal Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 8:09 pm

First was a Vengeance Rising tape I was given but I can't remember which one it was. First one I was given that I can actually remember the title to was State of Control on tape from Barren Cross. First one I ever bought was Puppet of Destruction from Ultimatum on CD.
Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: First Christian Metal Album?   First Christian Metal Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 9:14 pm

My first was Stryper's In God We Trust.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: First Christian Metal Album?   First Christian Metal Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 9:17 pm

stevegarveyfan wrote:
My first was Stryper's In God We Trust.
headbanger
Back to top Go down
metalheaded
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: First Christian Metal Album?   First Christian Metal Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 9:18 pm

Stryper's YABA. This was probably the first for a lot of people simply due to Stryper's being signed to a major label and thus having much better distribution. Saint's Time's End was out at around the same time, as was Leviticus, Messiah Prophet, and probably a few others, but they just weren't as well known because of poor distribution.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: First Christian Metal Album?   First Christian Metal Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 9:26 pm

Stryper-Soldiers Under Command was my first.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Christian Metal Album?   First Christian Metal Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 9:27 pm

Was "Warlord" a Christian band? (the band that released Deliver Us)
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: First Christian Metal Album?   First Christian Metal Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 9:58 pm

Stryper was given a big push by their label Enigma, they had videos on rotation on MTV, received some secular radio play, where featured in all major metal magazines of the era, I do not remember a similar push for any other Christian metal band, Barren Cross, White Cross, and other bands may have had a loyal following but I had never heard their music on the radio and certainly didnot see their videos on MTV.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: First Christian Metal Album?   First Christian Metal Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 10:09 pm

Not metal perse, but I think either Petra's beat the system tape or Rez bands hostage tape

First christian metal CD I bought was Living sacrfices conceived in fire.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: First Christian Metal Album?   First Christian Metal Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 10:21 pm

manny wrote:
other bands may have had a loyal following but I had never heard their music on the radio and certainly didnot see their videos on MTV.

Barren Cross had videos for "Imaginary Music" (from ATOMIC ARENA) and "Cryin' Over You" (from STATE OF CONTROL) that got some limited MTV play. I remember I was so surprised to hear Adam Curry introduce the "Cryin' Over You" video one night on Headbangers' Ball that I damn near fell out of my chair.

Deliverance's "Weapons of Our Warfare" video supposedly got some MTV play too, but I never saw it back then ... I must've blinked. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: First Christian Metal Album?   First Christian Metal Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 10:43 pm

eternal decision-ghost in the machine

i still love it and the track blindsided sounds just like it came out of a metallica album. there drummer KILLS lars!
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

PostSubject: Re: First Christian Metal Album?   First Christian Metal Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 10:44 pm

detuned wrote:
Was "Warlord" a Christian band? (the band that released Deliver Us)
yes but there broken up now
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: First Christian Metal Album?   First Christian Metal Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 10:49 pm

metalhead777 wrote:
eternal decision-ghost in the machine

i still love it and the track blindsided sounds just like it came out of a metallica album. there drummer KILLS lars!

Its uncanny how much Eternal decision's vocalist sounds like James Hetfield.

The first two albums were pretty good if you want a metallica clone, but I didnt like the 3rd one...seemed like they were trying to expiriment with groove and nu metal or something.....I hate groove and nu metal....except Kitties s/t album, that ruled.
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

PostSubject: Re: First Christian Metal Album?   First Christian Metal Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 10:51 pm

i hate nu metal. i sorta like KoRn. when it comes to groove its not much. white zombie,pantera,disciple and thats it
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: First Christian Metal Album?   First Christian Metal Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 11:39 pm

First Christian Rock tape: Petra - Not of this World

First Christian Metal CD: Deliverance - Weapons of our Warfare
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: First Christian Metal Album?   First Christian Metal Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 2:25 am

Ultimatum-Symphonic Extremeties
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: First Christian Metal Album?   First Christian Metal Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 10:43 am

I also got Bloodgood's "Detonation" and "RIAHP" early on, as well.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: First Christian Metal Album?   First Christian Metal Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 2:40 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
manny wrote:
other bands may have had a loyal following but I had never heard their music on the radio and certainly didnot see their videos on MTV.

Barren Cross had videos for "Imaginary Music" (from ATOMIC ARENA) and "Cryin' Over You" (from STATE OF CONTROL) that got some limited MTV play. I remember I was so surprised to hear Adam Curry introduce the "Cryin' Over You" video one night on Headbangers' Ball that I damn near fell out of my chair.

Deliverance's "Weapons of Our Warfare" video supposedly got some MTV play too, but I never saw it back then ... I must've blinked. Laughing

I remember Cryin' over you on headbanger's ball, also remember seeing Weapons and Power Of Love by Guardian too...

Some of the early release I got as new releases:

Leviticus (first two)
Bloodgood (first two)
Bride (first two)
Messiha Prophet (master of the metal, becayse I hate rock the flock with a passion!!!)
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: First Christian Metal Album?   First Christian Metal Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 3:12 pm

Actual Metal -

Bride - Silence Is Madness

First album with a metal song?

Rez Band - Hostage (Attention is metal all the way!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cibxsqDUKE
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: First Christian Metal Album?   First Christian Metal Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 3:42 pm

alright we'll give you that one Scott
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: First Christian Metal Album?   First Christian Metal Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 5:10 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Actual Metal -

Bride - Silence Is Madness

First album with a metal song?

Rez Band - Hostage (Attention is metal all the way!)

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cibxsqDUKE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cibxsqDUKE[/quote[/url]]

I really like that rez tape! beyond the gun rules.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: First Christian Metal Album?   First Christian Metal Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 5:29 pm

metalhead777 wrote:

I think just about ever drummer out there kills Lars. You are giving him too much credit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Christian Metal Album?   First Christian Metal Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Christian Metal Album?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next