Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

First Christian Metal Album?

Go down 
+37
BillRoxx
JBall_Z
MetalFRO
SAHB Healer
Sword Of The Heretic
stepcousin
Addy
mr.electric39
scottmitchell74
Schbopo
shamgar75
metalhead777
Stender
Thrasher73
metalheaded
stevegarveyfan
7thSecond
7thSaviour
James B.
nevermore
GrandNational
thejokeriv
MetalH
krokus
EvyMetal
MetalGuy71
powermacho
Temple of Blood
Lurideath
sam
candlemass
akeldama
ultmetal
mc666
manny
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
41 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

First Christian Metal Album? Empty
PostSubject: First Christian Metal Album?   First Christian Metal Album? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 11:40 am

We've probably done this before.....

For fans of the genre, what was your first christian metal album?

Mine was Stryper's Yellow and Black Attack, but the first one that got me thinking about the message contained therein was Deliverance's S/T album. While not my favorite album of all time, that album has probably affected me deeper than any other in my life.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Christian Metal Album?   First Christian Metal Album? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 11:48 am

Hm...Favorite Christian Metal album...I gotta think about that one.

In all honesty, for me, not too many of them have aged well...let me get back to this one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Christian Metal Album?   First Christian Metal Album? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 11:48 am

Not favorite, your FIRST.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: First Christian Metal Album?   First Christian Metal Album? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 11:56 am

Petra's S/T

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: First Christian Metal Album?   First Christian Metal Album? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 12:00 pm

It was definitely a Stryper album but I can't remember if YELLOW & BLACK or SOLDIERS UNDER COMMAND was first. I bought them both around the same time when I first discovered the band. More than likely SOLDIERS was first and then I went out and tracked down YELLOW afterwards. Or I may have bought YELLOW first because it was cheaper (since it was an EP, not an album). God only knows at this point and He ain't telling.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Christian Metal Album?   First Christian Metal Album? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 12:03 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Not favorite, your FIRST.

D'oh!! Misread...

Hm...gotta think a bit...probably Stryper - To Hell W/ The Devil...
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: First Christian Metal Album?   First Christian Metal Album? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 12:13 pm

The first Christine rock album I owed was by some dude named Keith Green, and it was given to me as a gift but a youth pastor, and the music was not bad from what I remember, piano based soft rock.

The first Christian Rock CD I owned was Petra-More Power to Ya, and I hated it, and I still hate it, not because of the message but it just sounded wimpy to my Venom/Motorhead obsessed teenage ears.

The first metal Christian metal album was Stryper-Soliders Under Command, I bought because I was curious to hear what Chrisitian metal sounded like, and it I liked it, especially Oz Fox's Brian May inspired harmonics, I have not heard this album in over 20 years so I am not sure how well it holds up, but at the time I thought it was cool.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: First Christian Metal Album?   First Christian Metal Album? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 12:31 pm

The Crucified self titled

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: First Christian Metal Album?   First Christian Metal Album? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 12:32 pm

Stryper Soldiers Under Command was my first Christian metal album. My first Christian rock album was Phil Keaggy Master & the Musician, one of the greatest guitar albums ever recorded.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: First Christian Metal Album?   First Christian Metal Album? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 12:40 pm

Stryper-The Yellow And Black Attack
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: First Christian Metal Album?   First Christian Metal Album? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 12:46 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Petra's S/T

That's metal?!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband

PostSubject: Re: First Christian Metal Album?   First Christian Metal Album? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 12:46 pm

If Rez counts then it would be them. Otherwise it's Stryper's YABA.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: First Christian Metal Album?   First Christian Metal Album? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 12:47 pm

akeldama wrote:
Stryper-The Yellow And Black Attack

Same here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: First Christian Metal Album?   First Christian Metal Album? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 12:47 pm

stryper - to hell with the devil
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal

PostSubject: Re: First Christian Metal Album?   First Christian Metal Album? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 12:55 pm

If it counts...

TROUBLE - PSALM 9

If it doesn't...

Stryper - Soldiers Under Command
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: First Christian Metal Album?   First Christian Metal Album? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 1:06 pm

Barren Cross - Atomic Arena was my 1st.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: First Christian Metal Album?   First Christian Metal Album? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 1:23 pm

detuned wrote:
If it counts...

TROUBLE - PSALM 9

If it doesn't...

Stryper - Soldiers Under Command

If that counts, then that would be mine too.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: First Christian Metal Album?   First Christian Metal Album? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 1:35 pm

If STRYPER counts then "In God We Trust".
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: First Christian Metal Album?   First Christian Metal Album? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 1:39 pm

When I was 7 years old I became a christian and on the church they where playing PETRA, so I asked my mom to buy me one of those cassettes, and that is when everything started. It was "ROCK CRIES OUT" Petra en Alabanza my first album.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: First Christian Metal Album?   First Christian Metal Album? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 1:55 pm

Stryper - Can't Stop the Rock compilation. Kept it for a few years then jettisoned it.

The first Christian album that I bought and liked was either a Deliverence or a Tourniquet cd. I can't remember which one, probably both. I just remember reading Ult's review site and then finding a guy selling cd's at a flea market. I picked up a bunch of stuff and those cd's were part of it. I think I got the 1st Die Happy cd (if they count as Christian) that day as well.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: First Christian Metal Album?   First Christian Metal Album? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 1:59 pm

candlemass wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Petra's S/T

That's metal?!

It was at the time.

Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: First Christian Metal Album?   First Christian Metal Album? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 2:10 pm

Sardonyx - Majestic Serenity
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: First Christian Metal Album?   First Christian Metal Album? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 2:16 pm

A tape by STRYPER, THE YELLOW AND BLACK ATTACK and just after that FIRST WATCH by GUARDIAN.
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: First Christian Metal Album?   First Christian Metal Album? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 3:03 pm

The first Christian metal cd I ever heard was Whitecross - Triumphant Return.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: First Christian Metal Album?   First Christian Metal Album? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 3:20 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
It was definitely a Stryper album but I can't remember if YELLOW & BLACK or SOLDIERS UNDER COMMAND was first. I bought them both around the same time when I first discovered the band. More than likely SOLDIERS was first and then I went out and tracked down YELLOW afterwards. Or I may have bought YELLOW first because it was cheaper (since it was an EP, not an album). God only knows at this point and He ain't telling.

FF - I am in the same boat as you, I don't remember which one I got first, but it was either SUC or TY&BA
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Christian Metal Album?   First Christian Metal Album? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Christian Metal Album?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next