Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood

Go down 
+5
7thSecond
Hamer12
Rex
Troublezone
INVADERS
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood   Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 2:20 pm

Stanton is a jazz drummer, he plays for the New Orleans outfit Galactic, I think he put out a great performance on Arms, his stuff in Galactic is also great.
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood   Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 4:20 am

I never knew why America's Volume Dealer got so much stick for. It wasn't that bad of a release. Not their best, but certainly not their worst.
I didn't really care for the production as it sound too over produced. Now i do like decent production on albums (i love ANATO by Blind Guardian and that is one of the most over-produced albums ever, but it fits their style), but the production on AMV just didn't fit COC IMO, and i'm used to them having that gritty-dirty-quick-bassy production that fits their sound perfectly.

Over Me, Stare too Long, Diablo Blvd., 13 Angels, Double Wide and Sleeping Martyr are some of the best COC songs IMO
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood   Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 4:27 am

Deliverance has a big production...
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood   Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 6:12 am

Troublezone wrote:

I don't think so IMO. It's still got a very dirty, grit sound too it and doesn't sound over produced or big at all.
the production on that album sound pretty flat (not in a bad way) to me.
WiseBlood and In The Arms of God have the best production, as they both sound crystal clear but still very heavy and gritty sounding.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood   Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 7:58 am

INVADERS wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

I don't think so IMO. It's still got a very dirty, grit sound too it and doesn't sound over produced or big at all.
WiseBlood and In The Arms of God have the best production, as they both sound crystal clear but still very heavy and gritty sounding.

I disagree.
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood   Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 9:33 am

Troublezone wrote:
INVADERS wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

I disagree.

Fair enough. Each to their own i suppose... but I know i'm right lol!
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood   Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 4:08 pm

I never owned "Wiseblood" but have been tempted to pick it up several times over the years. Being a casual fan of the band who likes "America's Volume Dealer" the best (not sure why all the neo-COC fans don't eat this record up), would "Wiseblood" be a good choice?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood   Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 4:09 pm

MetalFRO wrote:
I never owned "Wiseblood" but have been tempted to pick it up several times over the years. Being a casual fan of the band who likes "America's Volume Dealer" the best (not sure why all the neo-COC fans don't eat this record up), would "Wiseblood" be a good choice?

Yup. It's a good 'un.

Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood   Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 4:26 pm

MetalFRO wrote:

It's an awesome album like. All killer, No filler!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood   Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2