Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood

Go down 
+5
7thSecond
Hamer12
Rex
Troublezone
INVADERS
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood Empty
PostSubject: Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood   Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 6:47 am

Lately, I've been finding myself listening to Corrosion of Conformity a lot.
Everything from their crossover stuff to the southern/stoner metal pepper-led albums.
Mostly been listening to the album, Wiseblood which I think is a fairly well-rounded album and far better than Deliverence IMO, an album that everyone states is their best album.
Lots of heavy songs (King of the Rotten, Man or Ash, Fuel, The Door etc), as well as the slower songs (Goodbye Windows, Redemption City), loads of fun, southern-tinged songs (Wisbone, Wiseblood, The Snake Has No Head etc) and the excellent album closer, Bottom Feeder (sabbath-tinged stoner rock at it best, I think anyways).
Just wondering what you guys thought of this album, or just Corrosion of Conformity in general.

Awesome Band!

🤘
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood   Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 7:16 am

I like them quite a bit and Wiseblood is a great album. I agree that it is better than Deliverance too.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood   Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 7:28 am

The only album I've ever really liked is "Blind". I've tried all of them, and I just can't get into em.
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood   Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 9:51 am

One of my favorite bands, I have also been on a COC kick of late.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood   Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 10:28 am

I love their older hardcore and crossover stuff. I'm not a big fan of their newer stuff. One of the first bands to disappoint me back in the day by drastically changing styles.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood   Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 10:45 am

7thSecond wrote:
I love their older hardcore and crossover stuff. I'm not a big fan of their newer stuff. One of the first bands to disappoint me back in the day by drastically changing styles.

I'm just the opposite. The early hardcore stuff didn't do anything for me, but I love their later material. I think Wiseblood might have been the 1st disc I purchased. I've seen these guys live too and they're great.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood   Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 11:37 am

I jusr listened to Live Volume yesterday I think. I like the heaviness of In The Arms Of God but half of the album is kinda meh, I prefer America's Volume Dealer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood   Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 1:19 pm

I love C.O.C., both eras...but I prefer the material once Pepper came on board. Wiseblood is a good record but it's probably my least favorite, it has some great tunes but for some reason just seems kind of flat.

I would rate their studio albums (with Pepper) in this order:

1. Deliverance
2. In The Arms Of God (actually should be a tie for first place)
3. America's Volume Dealer
4. Blind
5. Wiseblood
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood   Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 1:25 pm

I love Wiseblood. I remember when it came out thinking it was better than Deliverance but that was a short lived thought.

My personal favorite from the band is Blind, but I love all their stuff. Even the hardcore stuff, although that just seems like a totally different band.

EDIT: I forgot Live Volume. That album stinks. Such a boring performance. Maybe it sounds better when you're stoned?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood   Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 1:30 pm

My list.

1. Blind
2. Wiseblood
3. Deliverance
4. America's Volume Dealer (13 angels is great!)
5. In the Arms... (good but not all that)

Last edited by Troublezone on Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood   Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 1:32 pm

SpectreFate wrote:

EDIT: I forgot Live Volume. That album stinks. Such a boring performance. Maybe it sounds better when you're stoned?

The problem with Live Volume is the drummer. He plays so relentlessly behind the beat that the songs have no heft or forward momentum. That's why I was so thrilled when they enlisted Stanton Moore for In The Arms Of God.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood   Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 1:35 pm

Reed Mullen is the only drummer for COC imo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood   Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 1:36 pm

Troublezone wrote:

He's def. the best one they have had, IMO. Some of the stuff he does on "Blind" is just astounding.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood   Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 1:37 pm

7thSecond wrote:

Ohhh man, you should meet my brother. He LOVED the old hardcore C.O.C. and when they changed styles on his azz, he flipped. He won't even TALK about that band anymore. I guess they were one of his first lessons about a favorite band "selling out" at a young age.

Seriously, if I say to him "Hey, I just got the new C.O.C. album, it's pretty good," I'm guaranteed to get a five minute diatribe that goes something like "F them! That isn't F'n Corrosion of F'n Conformity! That band is F'n DEAD to me! They should've changed the F'n name of the F'n band twenty F'n years ago!"

Laughing very hard

As for me personally, I haven't heard ANIMOSITY in years but that was a good album (also my bro's fave by them)... of the more recent C.O.C. material I dug IN THE ARMS OF GOD and WISEBLOOD. I even like AMERICA'S VOLUME DEALER even though most fans seem to hate it

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood   Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 1:38 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

He's def. the best one they have had, IMO. Some of the stuff he does on "Blind" is just astounding.

Nothing against Stanton Moore but Reed's style fit perfectly for COC.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood   Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 1:41 pm

Quote :
I even like AMERICA'S VOLUME DEALER even though most fans seem to hate it

Today I would hate that album because I have a lot of other stuff to listen to and never would have given it the attention it needs. But when it came out, I had about 60 CDs, so it got a lot of play. Eventually I started to like it, but at first I didn't like it whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood   Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 1:43 pm

The Hardcore days...

Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood CG-coc-group_pose
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood   Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 1:43 pm

Reed is definitely a fantastic drummer and I wish he was still in the band.

However, Stanton was more than a suitable replacement for that album and he brought a dimension to the music they never had before. His playing on ITAOG is just plain INSANE...in the best possible way.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood   Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 1:45 pm

Quote :

There's some really catchy stuff on that one. I like the songs "Double Wide" and "13 Angels".
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood   Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 1:46 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :

Today I would hate that album because I have a lot of other stuff to listen to and never would have given it the attention it needs. But when it came out, I had about 60 CDs, so it got a lot of play. Eventually I started to like it, but at first I didn't like it whatsoever.

I had been out of the loop with C.O.C. for a long time when that album came out, I think I picked it up from Columbia House when it was a Selection of the Month, just for the sheer hell of it, cuz I hadn't heard them in so long. I remember it got some absolutely SAVAGE reviews in metal magazines at the time but I still dug it.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood   Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 1:49 pm

It was more commercial but you can tell it still had the southern rock drive.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood   Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 1:55 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :

I don't understand what people didn't like about that album? Sounds like CoC to me. I liked it then and I like it now.

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood   Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 1:58 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I don't understand what people didn't like about that album? Sounds like CoC to me. I liked it then and I like it now.

Probably the production more than anything, it's a very "slick" record. Great songs though...and I love the guest appearance by Warren Haynes.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood   Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 2:00 pm

detuned wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Probably the production more than anything, it's a very "slick" record. Great songs though...and I love the guest appearance by Warren Haynes.

Eh, I guess I'm not as finely tuned as some folks.

Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood   Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 2:00 pm

Troublezone wrote:
The Hardcore days...

Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood CG-coc-group_pose
Now that's the C.O.C. I like. The good old days! 🤘
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood   Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next