Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Corrosion of Conformity

Go down 
+9
Lurideath
SAHB Healer
Todd Jaymz
Rex
mc666
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Corrosion of Conformity Empty
PostSubject: Corrosion of Conformity   Corrosion of Conformity Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 10:23 am

Where they better as hard-core punks, mid-level thrash or as southern-tinged, sludgy metal?

I prefer them in their current style. Blind thru In the Arms of God get much more play than the Animosity or Technocracy.

Anyone else?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity   Corrosion of Conformity Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 10:34 am

The ANIMOSITY era was my brother's thing back when we were in high school. When he first brought that album home I swear I had never heard noise like that in my life. Funnily enough, 20-something years later I actually kinda dig that album.
I personally like the Sabbath/Stoner/Southern Fried Metal of the later era better, but MAN, my brother and I have had some arguments about this band. He, of course, claimed they "sold out" as soon as BLIND came out and has wanted nothing to do with 'em ever since. So whenever a new C.O.C. album comes out and I tell him "Hey, I got the new Corrosion of Conformity, it's pretty cool," he'll go off on me like "Don't even TALK to me about that f**king band, and DON'T call them Corrosion of f**king Conformity. That band is NOT Corrosion of f**king Conformity. They should've changed the f**king name of the f**king band twenty f**king years ago!" It's hilarious.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity   Corrosion of Conformity Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 10:58 am

Southern fried COC.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity   Corrosion of Conformity Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 11:21 am

it's all good.

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity   Corrosion of Conformity Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 11:34 am

They were good no matter what but I prefer the sludge metal stuff they're doing now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity   Corrosion of Conformity Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 2:32 pm

I loved them back in their hardcore days. But I was big into hardcore back then. These days I hardly ever listen to those early albums. From Blind on, they've been brilliant.

I remember when I first heard "Vote With A Bullet," I almost shat myself! Hahaha. I couldn't believe it was the same band. But that song is excellent, so I quickly got over it. =)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity   Corrosion of Conformity Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2007 8:00 am

Quote :
I personally like the Sabbath/Stoner/Southern Fried Metal of the later era better
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity   Corrosion of Conformity Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2007 7:46 pm

Yeah, from the 'Blind' era and on, they've been churning out decent heavy metal, in a broader text.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity   Corrosion of Conformity Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2007 8:01 pm

Tight N' Steel wrote:
Yeah, from the 'Blind' era and on, they've been churning out decent heavy metal, in a broader text.
I hated In The Arms of God at first. That new drummer is out of his mind. He kept throwing me off with his insanity. Haha. It eventually all clicked, though. Great album.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity   Corrosion of Conformity Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 7:18 am

I had Animosity and couldn't get into it,eventually selling it off. I have Wiseblood and my friend let me borrow Blind. I like both alot. I haven't heard anything more recent so I guess I'm a middle career fan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity   Corrosion of Conformity Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 9:55 am

007 wrote:
I had Animosity and couldn't get into it,eventually selling it off. I have Wiseblood and my friend let me borrow Blind. I like both alot. I haven't heard anything more recent so I guess I'm a middle career fan.
If you like Wiseblood and Blind, you should check out Deliverance (a classic!), America's Volume Dealer (totally underrated and awesome), and In The Arms of God (may take a bit getting used to; though most people loved it right away). All three are in the same stylistic range.

Technocracy, Eye For An Eye and Animosity are the three hardcore albums.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity   Corrosion of Conformity Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 10:01 am

This discussion prompted me to dust off WISEBLOOD this morning for the first time in a while... and I agree with Eyesore, AMERICA'S VOLUME DEALER and IN THE ARMS OF GOD both womp some serious booty.

The LIVE VOLUME disc is pretty impressive too, in fact, that CD introduced me to the "late period" C.O.C. stuff cuz till I heard that album I hadn't heard much of their material since the old hardcore days (except for the songs that got radio play like "Albatross").
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity   Corrosion of Conformity Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 10:31 am

Eyesore wrote:
Tight N' Steel wrote:
I hated In The Arms of God at first. That new drummer is out of his mind. He kept throwing me off with his insanity. Haha. It eventually all clicked, though. Great album.

In the Arms of God didn't click with me right away either. I was so disappointed when I first got it cause I wanted a new Corrosion cd so badly and I really dug America's Volume Dealer. It took a few spins, but now I'm liking it allot. It's just as good as their other releases (from Wiseblood-on era).
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity   Corrosion of Conformity Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 3:27 pm

"Blind" is where its at for me. They've put out some good material since then, but nothing they've done has even come close to that one IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity   Corrosion of Conformity Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 8:19 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Tight N' Steel wrote:
In the Arms of God didn't click with me right away either. I was so disappointed when I first got it cause I wanted a new Corrosion cd so badly and I really dug America's Volume Dealer. It took a few spins, but now I'm liking it allot. It's just as good as their other releases (from Wiseblood-on era).
It's the drummer, I think. The dude is really amazing, and he's got so much going on that I actually found it distracting when I first listened to it. His crazy drumming just messed with my head; it made me think the songs sucked. Very weird. I believe he's a jazz drummer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity   Corrosion of Conformity Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 8:19 pm

Dooble poost. Bork! Bork! Bork!
Back to top Go down
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity   Corrosion of Conformity Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2007 12:34 pm

Stanton Moore played drumms on ITAOG, he's a excellent drummer. He's played for lots of well known Jazz bands-TJ
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity   Corrosion of Conformity Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 7:14 pm

Deliverance has had a lot of staying power for me. I thnik some of them worked on the first "Down" project around that time too; and that one contiues to get played also. Animosity I don't care for, although I probably would have liked it back in the day when I was into Discharge and all that.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity   Corrosion of Conformity Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 11:11 pm

I like Blind and Deliverance by them. Everything else by them just bores me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity   Corrosion of Conformity Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 11:22 pm

I am a big Animosity/Eye for an Eye/Technocracy guy. Not a ton of
diversity with those albums, but they have always had a home in my
soul. Saw them and Otto's Chemical Lounge open for DRI on the
Crossover tour. SKANK HEAVEN! I think I slep for 2 days
after that one!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity   Corrosion of Conformity Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 12:12 am

SAXON1500 wrote:
I am a big Animosity/Eye for an Eye/Technocracy guy. Not a ton of diversity with those albums, but they have always had a home in my soul. Saw them and Otto's Chemical Lounge open for DRI on the Crossover tour. SKANK HEAVEN! I think I slep for 2 days after that one!
Nice! Haha. Skank! Never would have expected that word here—unless you're talking about slutty chicks in the crowd. Razz
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity   Corrosion of Conformity Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2007 1:57 pm

COC is one of my all-time favorites. Deliverance is a classic. Arms of God is a great album, Stanton Moore, the drummer on that album plays for thr jazz band Galactic. They are also great if you are looking for a change of pace.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity   Corrosion of Conformity Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 3:43 pm

Listening to In The Arms of God right now. Seems like a good time for a...

Corrosion of Conformity Frog_bump

For all the noobs out there, what era of C.O.C. do you prefer?

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity   Corrosion of Conformity Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 3:46 pm

I prefer the 1990's Pepper lead line up of the Wiseblood, stoner metal era
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity   Corrosion of Conformity Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 12:19 am

I find something to like in any era of COC.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity   Corrosion of Conformity Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Corrosion of Conformity
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next