Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled

Go down 
+12
A Handful of Wayne
metalinmyveins
manny
MetalFRO
nevermore
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
jstate
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
INVADERS
Eyesore
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled Empty
PostSubject: Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled   Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 1:23 am

So I saw this update about the upcoming CoC album on Blabbermouth today. It reminded me that I'd totally forgotten about the EP they put out last year. I immediately went online and ordered it. I listened to the songs when the EP was announced and I dug them. Still do.

If you don't know, the current version of CoC is the Animosity lineup. (Pepper is too busy with Down, I guess.) The new stuff isn't quite as sloppy hardcore/punk as their early material, but it's definitely got more in common with that style than latter-day CoC. And, oddly enough, there's a good dose of "stoner" doom, at least in the two tracks—which are basically the same track—on the EP.

Totally reminds me of The Gates of Slumber! Really good tunes. Anyway, here's the upcoming tracklisting and album cover, I guess.

01. Psychic Vampire
02. River Of Stone
03. Leeches
04. El Lamento De Las Cabras
05. Your Tomorrow
06. The Doom
07. The Moneychangers
08. Come Not Here
09. What We Become
10. Rat City
11. Time Of Trials
12. Canyon Man (deluxe/vinyl only)
13. The Same Way (deluxe/vinyl only)

Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled Cocnewcd

Anyone else looking forward to it? Comes out in February.

Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled   Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 3:31 am

Can't wait! \m/
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled   Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 8:28 am

I dig it! I'll be getting it. It sounds like they've blended the two styles a bit,which isnt a bad thing to me.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled   Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 9:07 am

I'm more of a latter-day sludgey/doomy era fan of CoC. I don't care much for the early hardcore version. I don't know that I care for this Pepper-less incarnation either. The songs are ok, but nothing too exciting to me. I'll probably pass on this unless I found it dirt cheap.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled   Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 9:08 am

Not as big a fan of everything after Blind. But based on the song above it has some real potential. Anything C.O.C. I buy.

I really wish Eye For An Eye would get a re-release. Tired of trying find a copy for cheap.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled   Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 2:08 pm

Animosity was the first album I heard from them, and I loved it, so that early hardcore stuff is fine by me. Blind, though, kinda blew me away. Such a great album, but soooooo different. I was shocked when that first came out.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled   Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 2:58 pm

I can't remember if Deliverence or Wiseblood was my intro to the band, but I remember being equally shocked when I backtracked and picked up stuff like Technocracy or Eye For An Eye. I had to double-check and make sure it was the same band.

I just re-listened to those clips up above and their not as bad as I initially thought. I might give the new album a shot afterall. Maybe. Still miss Pepper though.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled   Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 3:44 pm

Definitely miss Pepper
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled   Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 3:50 pm

My brother's a big fan of their early hardcore stuff, i.e. ANIMOSITY, TECHNOCRACY, etc.

I prefer the later stoner-rock stuff like AMERICA'S VOLUME DEALER and INTO THE ARMS OF GOD.

Whenever I bring up C.O.C. around him or mention that the band has a new album, or whatever, he goes off like "Don't F-ing talk to me about that F-ing band, that's not F-ing C.O.C.! They should've F-ing changed the F-ing name of the band twenty F-ing years ago, those F-ing sellouts!"

...which is always quite entertaining. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled   Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 3:55 pm

I prefer the material with Pepper. Too bad he has to waste his time with DOWN (I can't listen to Phil, one of the few "musicians" I refuse to tolerate).

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled   Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 4:08 pm

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8NYVZNLS

Check out that tune. It's called "Life Scar," done by a friend of mine. It's his tribute to CoC. There's a little nod to Sabbath in there, too, for those with keen ears. It's a demo, but it's a bad-ass tune. The lead work in it is brilliant.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled   Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 9:33 am

That demo is pretty great.

Quote :
Blind, though, kinda blew me away. Such a great album, but soooooo different. I was shocked when that first came out.

Quote :
Whenever I bring up C.O.C. around him or mention that the band has a new album, or whatever, he goes off like "Don't F-ing talk to me about that F-ing band, that's not F-ing C.O.C.! They should've F-ing changed the F-ing name of the band twenty F-ing years ago, those F-ing sellouts!"
[quote]

When Blind came out the skater guys who introduced me to COC where angry. Like really, really angry about the change. I thought it was an amazing record. In fact I'd say there were a few years where it may have been top on my favorite albums list.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled   Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 1:30 pm

I prefer the Pepper version of CoC.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled   Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 5:17 pm

I'm looking forward to some new C.O.C. This should be good!
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled   Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 8:51 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I'm more of a latter-day sludgey/doomy era fan of CoC. I don't care much for the early hardcore version. I don't know that I care for this Pepper-less incarnation either. The songs are ok, but nothing too exciting to me. I'll probably pass on this unless I found it dirt cheap.

THIS. "America's Volume Dealer" is one of my favorite albums of the early 2000's - I spun that CD endlessly. I also quite liked "Deliverance" and have been digging "Wiseblood" after finally snagging a copy. Not sure what all the fuss was about over "Blind" - I bought a copy earlier this year and it's kinda bland and uninteresting. I've had "Eye For An Eye" for quite some time now, and it's one I hardly ever pull out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled   Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 9:20 pm

Unless you like old-school hardcore, you probably won't like early CoC. This new incarnation doesn't appear to be like the early incarnation, despite those involved.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled   Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 10:06 pm

The first COC album I heard was 'Technocracy' which I loved and then I lost track of them, til 'Blind' came out, I thought it was ok, but it was 'Deliverance ' which made a huge fan, loved that Southern metal sludge sound on that and 'Wiseblood' disc.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled   Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 8:07 pm

Great stuff here.

Second track was unexpected. Still grooves, but has a very different vibe with those verse riffs. I love how, while musically it doesn't sound like the early stuff, it's got that same raw vibe.

Really looking forward to this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled   Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 8:21 pm

Okay, this sounds f*cking AMAZING, I'll definitely be picking this album up. Nice to see Woody is still worshiping at the Iommi altar and that's always been one helluva rhythm section in C.O.C.

The second track is really cool as well, I really like the chord choices.

When's the release date?

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled   Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 8:28 pm

February 28.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled   Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 8:33 pm

Wow, dug both tracks, but the second one just kicks major ass! It looks like I will be grabbing this one.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled   Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 6:01 pm

The 2 new tracks are great!! headbanger
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled   Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 11:23 am

Those 2 tracks sounded better than what I heard when they played with Danzig this past Halloween. When I saw them I wasn't too sure how the album was going to sound but from those 2 songs it sounds good.

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled   Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 2:39 pm

I was initially very excited to hear this album, but after listening to it twice on Spotify I have to say it's not really doing anything for me. The only tracks that grabbed me were 'The Doom" and "Time Of Trails".

Pepper's songwriting is sorely missed.

Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled   Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 2:45 pm

Peppers COC was way different from the older COC. I did like Pepper era COC better but I like the new album.

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled   Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Corrosion of Conformity - Self-Titled
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next