Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Corrosion of Conformity

Go down 
+11
Gryphon-kl
Hamer12
GrandNational
Troublezone
nevermore
mc666
Witchfinder
akeldama
metalinmyveins
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
15 posters

Choose!
Blind
Corrosion of Conformity Vote_lcap40%Corrosion of Conformity Vote_rcap
 40% [ 8 ]
Deliverance
Corrosion of Conformity Vote_lcap5%Corrosion of Conformity Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Wiseblood
Corrosion of Conformity Vote_lcap5%Corrosion of Conformity Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
America's Volume Dealer
Corrosion of Conformity Vote_lcap25%Corrosion of Conformity Vote_rcap
 25% [ 5 ]
In the Arms of God
Corrosion of Conformity Vote_lcap25%Corrosion of Conformity Vote_rcap
 25% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 20

AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Corrosion of Conformity Empty
PostSubject: Corrosion of Conformity   Corrosion of Conformity Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 2:27 pm

Been re-acquainting myself with the C.O.C. catalog. Been really digging In the Arms of God, probably more-so than any of the other albums with a similar stoner rock sound.

Which do you prefer?

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity   Corrosion of Conformity Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 2:45 pm

I can't remember if Wiseblood or Deliverence was my introduction to the band. I voted for Wiseblood though.

They're all good albums. Even America's Volume Dealer, which seems to garner allot of negative opinions for some reason. I much prefer their stoner/groove-era more than their hardcore roots.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity   Corrosion of Conformity Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 2:45 pm

Funny that you should start this poll, because I once believed that "Blind" and "Deliverance" were much weaker albums than the other three. I also reacquainted myself with some C.O.C. last week, by listening to the aforementioned. I think this band got stronger with each album, so I will vote "In the Arms of God". I love the songs "Never Turns to More", "World on Fire" and "Stone Breaker"!

Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity   Corrosion of Conformity Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 2:57 pm

I dig all COC but America's Volume Dealer is my fave, sure it's over polished but the songs are good and the bonus track "Steady Roller" is kewl.

IMO In The Arms Of God was half filler but Stanton Moore made up for it.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity   Corrosion of Conformity Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 3:04 pm

Quote :
and the bonus track "Steady Roller" is kewl.
Bonus track? What bonus track? Was there a re-issue or is that on an import?

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity   Corrosion of Conformity Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 3:21 pm

I vote Deliverance with Blind a close second. That being said, all of these albums are great.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity   Corrosion of Conformity Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 4:22 pm

Blind out of all those.

nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity   Corrosion of Conformity Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 5:27 pm

Blind gets my vote.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity   Corrosion of Conformity Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 9:49 pm

Blind gets my vote. But I like them all.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity   Corrosion of Conformity Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 10:03 pm

AVD was the first COC album I owned, so maybe it's nostalgia.
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity   Corrosion of Conformity Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 10:37 pm

Arms of God. Stanton Moore is a monster behind the kit.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity   Corrosion of Conformity Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 11:09 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
and the bonus track "Steady Roller" is kewl.
Bonus track? What bonus track? Was there a re-issue or is that on an import?

Bonus Tracks
UK version
"Rather See You Dead"
"Steady Roller (demo version)"

Japan version
"Rather See You Dead"
"World on Fire"

Most of the albums have bonus tracks of which I have all. They do a cover of "Fortunate Son" as well.
Back to top Go down
Gryphon-kl
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1346

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity   Corrosion of Conformity Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 11:55 pm

I voted for Blind, but Deliverance was close. (Blind being my introduction to them probably had an effect.)
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity   Corrosion of Conformity Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 1:08 am

Tough choice. Blind was a shock to me when I first heard it because Animosity was my intro to the band. But man, what a great album! And I love Deliverance, In The Arms of God, and Wiseblood, but I'm a sucker for catchy hooks (blame Def Leppard), so America's Volume Dealer got my vote. It's such a great album, full of super-catchy tunes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity   Corrosion of Conformity Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 1:32 am

Hamer12 wrote:
Arms of God. Stanton Moore is a monster behind the kit.

Yep. Stanton was actually the primary draw for me. It got me re-interested in C.O.C. after leaving them behind for many years. Too bad it was a short-lived collaboration.

I would vote for Deliverance and Blind as close followups. Wiseblood and America's Volume Dealer both have some good songs, though the former is lacking in energy and the latter is a little too polished for their sound.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity   Corrosion of Conformity Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 1:45 am

Quote :
Wiseblood and America's Volume Dealer both have some good songs, though the former is lacking in energy and the latter is a little too polished for their sound.

Wiseblood had "Fuel" which is faster than pretty much anything on Deliverance. But overall, I think those albums are pretty similar.

Last edited by Troublezone on Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:59 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity   Corrosion of Conformity Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 1:48 am

Troublezone wrote:
Quote :
Wiseblood and America's Volume Dealer both have some good songs, though the former is lacking in energy and the latter is a little too polished for their sound.

I think Deliverance and Wiseblood are very similar in energy. As a matter of fact, Wiseblood had "Fuel" which is faster than pretty much anything on Deliverance.

Fuel is one of the exceptions on that album. I'm not saying the songs themselves lacked energy, the actual "performances" on that record lacked energy. It's also not helped by a really flat and lifeless production.

That album sounds like flat Coke.

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity   Corrosion of Conformity Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 1:52 am

S.D. wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Quote :

I think Deliverance and Wiseblood are very similar in energy. As a matter of fact, Wiseblood had "Fuel" which is faster than pretty much anything on Deliverance.

Fuel is one of the exceptions on that album. I'm not saying the songs themselves lacked energy, the actual "performances" on that record lacked energy. It's also not helped by a really flat and lifeless production.

That album sounds like flat Coke.

I agree. Deliverance sounds better.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity   Corrosion of Conformity Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 3:05 am

I hear nothing wrong with Wiseblood.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity   Corrosion of Conformity Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 3:31 am

There's nothing wrong with it, it's a good album. Shawn just thinks the playing is a little lackluster and I think the production wasn't quite as good as Deliverance.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity   Corrosion of Conformity Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 9:41 am

Went with Blind. Easily one of my top ten favorite albums.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity   Corrosion of Conformity Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 9:58 am

I love 'Wiseblood' too but I agree about the mix..thud, thud, thud, thud..

I actually haven't heard 'In the Arms of God'.........I suppose I should check that out.
Back to top Go down
biddle
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
biddle

Number of posts : 337

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity   Corrosion of Conformity Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 12:44 pm

arms of god but they are all good!!! headbanger headbanger headbanger
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion of Conformity   Corrosion of Conformity Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Corrosion of Conformity
Page 1 of 1