Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

bad covers?

Go down 
+13
EvyMetal
holydiver97595
XYZ
Necrosultan
Addy
akeldama
Thrasher73
MetalGuy71
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
Svengo
powermacho
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

bad covers? Empty
PostSubject: bad covers?   bad covers? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 9:52 pm

I think this can be interesting. Post a video seeing a popular metal band doing a cover that just doesn't sounds right
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

bad covers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: bad covers?   bad covers? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 9:52 pm

This is my contribution
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

bad covers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: bad covers?   bad covers? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 10:08 pm

Here's the Italian black metal band Graveworm doing REM's Losing My Religion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=x4DcNCDlS68&feature=related
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

bad covers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: bad covers?   bad covers? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 9:31 am

Tesla - War Pigs
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

bad covers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: bad covers?   bad covers? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 10:42 am

L.A. Guns covered "Black Sabbath" -- it's on the Japanese version of their Pantera-wannabe AMERICAN HARDCORE album. I've only heard it once, but that was enough. Pretty bad.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

bad covers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: bad covers?   bad covers? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 10:49 am

Two of the worst covers I've ever heard were both by industrial bands.

Ministry - Lay Lady Lay
Skrew - Sympathy For The Devil (sympathy for my ears more like)

bad covers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: bad covers?   bad covers? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 10:53 am

Dark Angel - Immigrant Song. I always ask myself why they felt a cover song was a good idea, especially one that doesn't translate into a thrash song.

Nuclear Assault - Good Times Bad Times - Horrible. Obviously a song picked to fill a slot on the tracklist. It offers nothing of worth, if you ask me.

Anthrax - I'm 18. Nope. I do not like it.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

bad covers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: bad covers?   bad covers? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 11:01 am

Quote :
Anthrax - I'm 18. Nope. I do not like it.

I've always thought Anthrax have done some stellar covers in their career, but that one and God Save The Queen are both serious missteps. Don't like either one.

Another one that stands out is on Nativity in Black II, the Sabbath tribute album. Busta Rhymes rapping 'Iron Man' is an abomination to my ears.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

bad covers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: bad covers?   bad covers? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 11:20 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Another one that stands out is on Nativity in Black II, the Sabbath tribute album. Busta Rhymes rapping 'Iron Man' is an abomination to my ears.

Pretty much everything on that second NATIVITY IN BLACK album is a bad cover. But yea, Busta's inclusion was a true "WTF?" moment.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

bad covers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: bad covers?   bad covers? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 11:23 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Pretty much everything on that second NATIVITY IN BLACK album is a bad cover. But yea, Busta's inclusion was a true "WTF?" moment.

Yea, there's a coupla ok tunes, but for the most part, that one's a stinker. Loved the 1st one though.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

bad covers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: bad covers?   bad covers? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 11:54 am

Alligator doing a cover of the Beatles Help.Not too bad,just sounds outta place on a Thrash album.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

bad covers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: bad covers?   bad covers? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 1:03 pm

Armored Saint-Saturday Night Special
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

bad covers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: bad covers?   bad covers? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 1:05 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Yea, there's a coupla ok tunes, but for the most part, that one's a stinker. Loved the 1st one though.

Yea, the first one was great, but the second set a record for the shortest time spent in my stereo. Gave it one spin, hated it, off to the used CD store it went.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

bad covers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: bad covers?   bad covers? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 1:07 pm

Another one I just thought of... Nevermore's cover of Judas Priest's "Love Bites." WTF was that? Turning it into a death metal song?? That track was the first time I ever heard Nevermore and I hated it so much that it put me off investigating them further for a couple of years. Fortunately a friend eventually loaned me DEAD HEART IN A DEAD WORLD and I saw the error of my ways. Laughing

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

bad covers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: bad covers?   bad covers? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 1:32 pm

akeldama wrote:
Armored Saint-Saturday Night Special

Yea, that's another one I didn't care for. Something about it just didn't click with me. Maybe 'cause I'm not a big Skynard fan to begin with.

Another one that comes to mind is Motley Crue singing "Anarchy in the UK". Much like Anthrax singing 'God Save the Queen', I find it's difficult (yet not impossible as proved by Megadeth's version of 'Anarchy') for an American band to pull off a song about the British Monarchy.

I didn't immediatley take to Nevermore's version of 'Love Bites' either, but it grew on me. I think that song may have been my introduction to the band as well, Freddy. Now I'm a super-fan.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

bad covers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: bad covers?   bad covers? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 9:44 pm

I actually like both Anthrax's "I'm Eighteen" and Nevermore's "Love Bites" covers. Sometimes it's cool to hear something that is not a dead on immitation of the originals.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

bad covers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: bad covers?   bad covers? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 8:21 am

Not to sound like an ass but if it has to be metal bands why is it in the non metal section?
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Necrosultan
Metal novice
Metal novice
Necrosultan

Number of posts : 62

bad covers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: bad covers?   bad covers? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 6:28 pm

Vader - Black Sabbath
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

bad covers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: bad covers?   bad covers? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 7:06 pm

powermacho wrote:
This is my contribution

That sucked.
Back to top Go down
holydiver97595
The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

Number of posts : 1348

bad covers? Empty
PostSubject: Born to Be Wild - Slayer   bad covers? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 8:11 pm

Born to Be Wild was awful! Got to agree with Powermacho.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/demonousmetal
Necrosultan
Metal novice
Metal novice
Necrosultan

bad covers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: bad covers?   bad covers? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 9:27 pm

Flippin' Slayer and tyrin' to confrom to the masses of that pitiful show!!

Slayer should've stuck to their guns and played early material, and henceforth slayed everyone with a killer rendition of ''The Antichrist!''
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

bad covers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: bad covers?   bad covers? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 5:49 am

Sanctuary's White Rabbit freakin' blows.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

bad covers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: bad covers?   bad covers? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 7:29 am

xyz wrote:
powermacho wrote:
This is my contribution

That sucked.

Some songs don't tranlate to thrash well.
Back to top Go down
Necrosultan
Metal novice
Metal novice
Necrosultan

bad covers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: bad covers?   bad covers? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 3:54 pm

This unique cover of a Mercyful Fate track didn't please my senses, maybe you ladies and gents might take a liking to it. Who knows...

Varathron - Nuns Have No Fun.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

bad covers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: bad covers?   bad covers? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 6:48 pm

Not a fan of Sodom's version of Hazy Shade Of Winter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

bad covers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: bad covers?   bad covers? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

bad covers?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next