Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fu Manchu - The Covers LP

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Fu Manchu - The Covers LP Empty
PostSubject: Fu Manchu - The Covers LP   Fu Manchu - The Covers LP Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 11:34 am

Even though I'm not into collecting vinyl or vynyl, I thought this was pretty cool. Fu Manchu are doing a limited release of all the covers they've done in the past on record. Originally, they were only available at their live shows, although I'm sure by now you can find it on-line. Fans of the band or cool covers albums should dig this...

Fu Manchu - The Covers LP Covers-01 Fu Manchu - The Covers LP Covers-02

Far as I know, it's not available on cd yet, so guys like me are sh*t outta luck. However, I do have the majority of these 14 tracks already. Still would be nice to have them all in one collection. And yes, the album jacket is a take-off of Fear's The Record...

Fu Manchu - The Covers LP Fear-albums-discography

Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

PostSubject: Re: Fu Manchu - The Covers LP   Fu Manchu - The Covers LP Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 11:51 am

I totally love their hardcore punk choices! Void, Black Flag, SS Decontrol, Circle Jerks - classics among classics! Also love the inclusion of Twisted Sister there!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Fu Manchu - The Covers LP   Fu Manchu - The Covers LP Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 12:05 pm

The album looks cool and I bet it kicks major ass, love the cover tunes they chose, who in the hell is this Johns dude, never heard of him or his song "Chevy Van"
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Fu Manchu - The Covers LP   Fu Manchu - The Covers LP Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 12:05 pm

Zdan wrote:
I totally love their hardcore punk choices! Void, Black Flag, SS Decontrol, Circle Jerks - classics among classics! Also love the inclusion of Twisted Sister there!

Don't be fooled though. I don't know how familair you are with the band, but they tend to strip down their choice of covers to a slow burn, adding lotsa fuzzy distortion and groove. They are a stoner band. I love 'em though.

Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

PostSubject: Re: Fu Manchu - The Covers LP   Fu Manchu - The Covers LP Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 12:07 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Zdan wrote:

Don't be fooled though. I don't know how familair you are with the band, but they tend to strip down their choice of covers to a slow burn, adding lotsa fuzzy distortion and groove. They are a stoner band. I love 'em though.

Actually I am very familiar with Fu Manchu and own a big bunch of their records. In the beginning there was a distinct punk influence in their music so I think they will do well with those. And if they add the stoner groove - even better!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Fu Manchu - The Covers LP   Fu Manchu - The Covers LP Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 12:10 pm

manny wrote:
The album looks cool and I bet it kicks major ass, love the cover tunes they chose, who in the hell is this Johns dude, never heard of him or his song "Chevy Van"

Ultimate 70's am radio tune...groovy man:flower:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiEIToOWr64

If the van is rockin, don't come a knockin!!

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Fu Manchu - The Covers LP   Fu Manchu - The Covers LP Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 12:17 pm

Zdan wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Zdan wrote:

Actually I am very familiar with Fu Manchu and own a big bunch of their records. In the beginning there was a distinct punk influence in their music so I think they will do well with those. And if they add the stoner groove - even better!

These are all previously released recordings. Most of 'em were either b-sides or Japanese-only bonus tracks and stuff like that. I'm pretty sure all of them can be found elsewhere. They're just compiled all together for the first time, similiar to the Foo Fighters Medium Rare release.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Fu Manchu - The Covers LP   Fu Manchu - The Covers LP Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 3:22 pm

Looks like something to check out.
Back to top Go down
criss3o
Metal student
Metal student
criss3o

Number of posts : 176

PostSubject: Re: Fu Manchu - The Covers LP   Fu Manchu - The Covers LP Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 9:10 pm

I want it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fu Manchu - The Covers LP   Fu Manchu - The Covers LP Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fu Manchu - The Covers LP
Page 1 of 1