Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Supergroup - Strangers In The Night

Go down 
+3
Metal Misfit
Temple of Blood
thejokeriv
7 posters
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

New Supergroup - Strangers In The Night Empty
PostSubject: New Supergroup - Strangers In The Night   New Supergroup - Strangers In The Night Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 4:11 pm

Guitarist Michael Schenker (MICHAEL SCHENKER GROUP, UFO, SCORPIONS), drummer Herman Rarebell (SCORPIONS), bassist Pete Way (UFO) and singer Michael Voss (CASANOVA, SILVER) have joined forces in a new supergroup called STRANGERS IN THE NIGHT. The band has entered a studio in Brighton, England to work on material on its debut album.

A taste of what fans can expect from STRANGERS IN THE NIGHT in 2011 — a video clip for the song "Saturday Night" — can viewed below, courtesy of the Greek Scorpions Fan Club.

Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: New Supergroup - Strangers In The Night   New Supergroup - Strangers In The Night Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 4:14 pm

This could be interesting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Supergroup - Strangers In The Night   New Supergroup - Strangers In The Night Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 4:34 pm

Wonder if it'll sound like Contraband?
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: New Supergroup - Strangers In The Night   New Supergroup - Strangers In The Night Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 4:56 pm

Sounds promising, not really sold on Voss, whoever he is. Is Rarebell the one that's been blacklisted from the Scorps is or that another musician?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Supergroup - Strangers In The Night   New Supergroup - Strangers In The Night Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 5:08 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
Sounds promising, not really sold on Voss, whoever he is. Is Rarebell the one that's been blacklisted from the Scorps is or that another musician?

Not Rarebell. It was ex-bass player Francis Buchholz. They just talked about him on That Metal Show.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Supergroup - Strangers In The Night   New Supergroup - Strangers In The Night Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 5:52 pm

Eh, it's ok, but the lyrics to that tune sound kinda corny.

"Oh, its a Saturday night
Pick up your friends,
We'll rock till night."

Isn't rhyming "night" with "night" against some kinda rule in Music Writing 101?

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: New Supergroup - Strangers In The Night   New Supergroup - Strangers In The Night Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 6:00 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:

Not Rarebell. It was ex-bass player Francis Buchholz. They just talked about him on That Metal Show.

Why is he blacklisted?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Supergroup - Strangers In The Night   New Supergroup - Strangers In The Night Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 6:02 pm

I'm still pissed at Schenker.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: New Supergroup - Strangers In The Night   New Supergroup - Strangers In The Night Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 6:20 pm

"Supergroups" usually disappoint me...
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: New Supergroup - Strangers In The Night   New Supergroup - Strangers In The Night Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 6:42 pm

Troublezone wrote:
"Supergroups" usually disappoint me...

Yeah. Fans love them when they are announced despite their poor track record.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New Supergroup - Strangers In The Night   New Supergroup - Strangers In The Night Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 8:49 pm

Do near elderly men run around like that, pumping their fists in the air and stuff?

Song sounded way cheesy. I'll check it out, of course. Haha.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Supergroup - Strangers In The Night   New Supergroup - Strangers In The Night Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 10:00 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:

Why is he blacklisted?

Apparently he was in cahoots with the band's old manager who were both stealing money from the band. According to Eddie Trunk, the band won't mention his name or acknowledge him anymore.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: New Supergroup - Strangers In The Night   New Supergroup - Strangers In The Night Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 10:03 am

If they came to a bar by me, I'd pay to see them. Imagine the covers they'd do. Schenker's track record regarding touring is kinda/sorta like a box of chocolate's..........never know what you're gonna get. Laughing very hard I have driven to more than 5 shows over the years that got canceled at the last minute.

They sure could of gotten a better singer. Guess he's Pete Way's drinking buddy ?

PostSubject: Re: New Supergroup - Strangers In The Night   New Supergroup - Strangers In The Night Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 10:12 am

James B. wrote:
I have driven to more than 5 shows over the years that got canceled at the last minute.

I drove 5 hrs to Milwaukee just to have him cancel at the last second. Between him and Sykes - I give up on those primadonnas.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: New Supergroup - Strangers In The Night   New Supergroup - Strangers In The Night Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 12:19 pm

UNCLE SAXON wrote:
James B. wrote:
I have driven to more than 5 shows over the years that got canceled at the last minute.

I drove 5 hrs to Milwaukee just to have him cancel at the last second. Between him and Sykes - I give up on those primadonnas.

They were two of the best players...
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: New Supergroup - Strangers In The Night   New Supergroup - Strangers In The Night Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 12:25 pm

Troublezone wrote:
UNCLE SAXON wrote:
James B. wrote:

Absolutely!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Supergroup - Strangers In The Night   New Supergroup - Strangers In The Night Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 12:40 pm

Troublezone wrote:
UNCLE SAXON wrote:
James B. wrote:

and they still are. I just won't be travelling outside the Cities to go see them again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Supergroup - Strangers In The Night   New Supergroup - Strangers In The Night Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Supergroup - Strangers In The Night
Page 1 of 1