Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What book are you currently reading?

Go down 
+95
mikeinfla
brokentulsa
ShadowAngel
Naurbereth
Gryphon-kl
Darkly
Sole Survivor
CRIMSONMASK
Wurthless
martinsane
SpectreFate
bassman
Witchfinder
Lari
shamgar75
mlotek
Motorsud
metalken
rawr!
Shawn Of Fire
TheDoctor'sScarf
stevegarveyfan
Thrasher73
FlyingV
Wargod
Joe
Getizzyback
Starman
Orion Crystal Ice
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
ZetaReticuli
chewie
jstate
T-Roy
iamrockerfun
Ultimate.Nightmare
metalhead777
DallasBlack
powermacho
mr.electric39
ultmetal
tohostudios
Metallic Blaze
Ford.Prefect
crazzycat
ryanmetalman
AchrisK
Rogue Angel
SideShowDisaSter
Louder
Olafsto
Eyesore
Shiney
Neuropete
GrandNational
QuothTheRaven
spiritoradio
dirtracin1
exact33
MoonChild
metalheaded
Sutekh
TheGooch
XYZ
Addy
Dave the Boss
the sentinel
thejokeriv
holydiver97595
SlaytanicPOWER
sheets
James B.
scottmitchell74
Zdan
MetalRob331
metalinmyveins
sam
RevBilly6207
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
Mglaffas81
EvyMetal
nevermore
Metal Misfit
kmorg
akeldama
rattpoison
SAHB Healer
Stender
Leatherface
manny
Schbopo
Troublezone
99 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

What book are you currently reading? - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 10:56 pm

Started The Complete Works of Pseudo-Dionysius
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 11:01 pm

Stender wrote:
holydiver97595 wrote:
Just finished A Clockwork Orange; really good book.

Now I'm reading a book called Be Here Now by some sage-like gentleman. Anyway, my friend recommended it to me, and it's pretty deep. Any of you ever read it? If so, impressions are appreciated!

That book is incredibly f*cking cool dude. Its by Ram Dass right? Its all about living in the present moment, and doing so sponaneously. The present is the only time you can act. No use wasting energy on the past or future. Smile

John Lennon used to say "Be here now" a lot. Wonder if he got it from this writer. I think it's the correct attitude to have about life.
Back to top Go down
holydiver97595
The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

Number of posts : 1348

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 11:16 pm

GrandNational wrote:
Stender wrote:
holydiver97595 wrote:

Now I'm reading a book called Be Here Now by some sage-like gentleman. Anyway, my friend recommended it to me, and it's pretty deep. Any of you ever read it? If so, impressions are appreciated!

That book is incredibly f*cking cool dude. Its by Ram Dass right? Its all about living in the present moment, and doing so sponaneously. The present is the only time you can act. No use wasting energy on the past or future. Smile

John Lennon used to say "Be here now" a lot. Wonder if he got it from this writer. I think it's the correct attitude to have about life.

Yep, it's by Ram Dass, and it is really damn cool! It changed my thinking a lot, and for the better, too!

And he might have, GrandNational. I'm not sure... I'll need to check that out though. Even if it's not, I'm betting Lennon had this type of outlook anyway.

PS: I'm done with Be Here Now already haha, and I'm on to Beowulf! So far, it's really good, though the translation has lost most of the original meaning of the story angry
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/demonousmetal
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 2:01 am

GrandNational wrote:
Stender wrote:
holydiver97595 wrote:

Yeah totally, im not sure if Ram dass was teaching during the time of lennons spiritual quest or not. He died just recently unfortunatley, he was an awesome dude. Sad
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 26 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 2:09 pm

Just picked out a new "Star Wars" novel from the library over the weekend, haven't had time to start it yet though..."Millennium Falcon," the history of Han Solo's famous ship, including stories of its owners prior to Han. Should be a fun one.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 26 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 3:26 pm

What book are you currently reading? - Page 26 51iF2FQ6KYL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 26 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 5:53 pm

Crystal Lake Memories - The Complete History Of Friday The 13th

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 1:49 pm

What book are you currently reading? - Page 26 Image

Funny stuff.

The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 3:01 pm

What book are you currently reading? - Page 26 Eckhart-tolle4514976326sm

I highly recommend this book to everyone, the cover makes it look like some feel good self help bullsh!t but its actually alot less pretentious than that.

What book are you currently reading? - Page 26 Demon

I got a signed copy of this, is Jack Grishams memoir about everything leading up to his singing in TSOL, substance abuse, LA punk, etc. Its really f*cking cool.
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 10:11 pm

Scarlet, the second book in the King Raven trilogy. Set just after the Norman conquest of England, it is a retelling of the Robin Hood legend, set in Wales. Each book focuses on a different character: Hood, (Will) Scarlet and (Friar) Tuck. There's an interesting explanation arguing why the story might have originated there, and the books are really well-written by Steven Lawhead.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 4:22 pm

The Soul, The Body and Death - Lazar Puhalo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 5:01 pm

Frank Capra: The Name Above The Title (autobiography)

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 5:34 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
What book are you currently reading? - Page 26 Image

Funny stuff.

Finished that last night. Good reading for the hopper. I'll probably start this one before the weekend...

What book are you currently reading? - Page 26 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMUd5wPuK1jGkixYRjkLXoF_ZSx8uc5vhS8nnNGjieEzhDftbG

Wasn't clamoring to get this one, but my brother gave me a copy for my birthday, so why not?

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 7:07 pm

Shawn D. wrote:

I really enjoy the Why We Fight serials..

Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 9:19 pm

What book are you currently reading? - Page 26 Robopocalypse
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 9:56 pm

exact33 wrote:
Shawn D. wrote:

I really enjoy the Why We Fight serials..

Me too. I've read this book before, it's one of my favorites, just felt like hanging out with Mr. Capra again for awhile. Smart does not even begin to capture it.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 11:25 am

What book are you currently reading? - Page 26 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMUd5wPuK1jGkixYRjkLXoF_ZSx8uc5vhS8nnNGjieEzhDftbG

Has anyone else read this yet? I'm seriously trying to, but I'm having a hard time getting through it. It's kinda boring so far and Steven's trying to be a little too clever with all the word-play.

I haven't even got to the point where he's in the band yet, but if it doesn't pick up soon, I might have to bail out on this one.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 11:38 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Has anyone else read this yet? I'm seriously trying to, but I'm having a hard time getting through it. It's kinda boring so far and Steven's trying to be a little too clever with all the word-play.

I haven't even got to the point where he's in the band yet, but if it doesn't pick up soon, I might have to bail out on this one.

My stepson bought it, but I have no idea how much he read of it yet.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 11:55 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I have it "reserved" at my local library cuz when I went looking for it a week or two ago someone else had checked it out. They're supposed to call me when it comes back in, but I haven't heard from 'em yet.

Similarly, I have Gene Simmons' book "KISS: Behind the Makeup" or whatever it's called, on reserve but they have to ship it to my library from one in another town and apparently they're using the Pony Express to do so cuz I haven't heard from them about that one either.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 5:39 pm

Currently reading 'First Ladies' by Betty Boyd Caroli
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 6:36 pm

Moby Dick - Melville

Spec - what did you think of Uncle Tom's Cabin? My wife is reading it right now and is really enjoying it.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 10:11 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Similarly, I have Gene Simmons' book "KISS: Behind the Makeup" or whatever it's called, on reserve but they have to ship it to my library from one in another town and apparently they're using the Pony Express to do so cuz I haven't heard from them about that one either.

The library got Gene's "KISS and Makeup" book for me yesterday -- picked it up on my way home from work. I'm about 75 pages in, pretty entertaining thus far.

Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 9:47 pm

Today from the library:

Early Greek Philosophy - Jonathan Barnes
Re-Enchantment: Tibetan Buddhism Comes to the West - Jeffery Paine
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 1:46 am

Conspiracies, Cover-Ups and Crimes by Jonathan Vankin
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 8:45 am

Slow afternoon at work yesterday so I finished Gene Simmons' "KISS and Make-Up." Returned it to the library on the way home and picked up "The Captain: The Journey of Derek Jeter" by Ian O'Connor

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 26 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What book are you currently reading?
Page 26 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next