Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What book are you currently reading?

Go down 
+95
mikeinfla
brokentulsa
ShadowAngel
Naurbereth
Gryphon-kl
Darkly
Sole Survivor
CRIMSONMASK
Wurthless
martinsane
SpectreFate
bassman
Witchfinder
Lari
shamgar75
mlotek
Motorsud
metalken
rawr!
Shawn Of Fire
TheDoctor'sScarf
stevegarveyfan
Thrasher73
FlyingV
Wargod
Joe
Getizzyback
Starman
Orion Crystal Ice
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
ZetaReticuli
chewie
jstate
T-Roy
iamrockerfun
Ultimate.Nightmare
metalhead777
DallasBlack
powermacho
mr.electric39
ultmetal
tohostudios
Metallic Blaze
Ford.Prefect
crazzycat
ryanmetalman
AchrisK
Rogue Angel
SideShowDisaSter
Louder
Olafsto
Eyesore
Shiney
Neuropete
GrandNational
QuothTheRaven
spiritoradio
dirtracin1
exact33
MoonChild
metalheaded
Sutekh
TheGooch
XYZ
Addy
Dave the Boss
the sentinel
thejokeriv
holydiver97595
SlaytanicPOWER
sheets
James B.
scottmitchell74
Zdan
MetalRob331
metalinmyveins
sam
RevBilly6207
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
Mglaffas81
EvyMetal
nevermore
Metal Misfit
kmorg
akeldama
rattpoison
SAHB Healer
Stender
Leatherface
manny
Schbopo
Troublezone
99 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

What book are you currently reading? - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 9:22 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Started Stephen King's "Duma Key" yesterday. I gave this one a try a couple of years ago and lost interest in it after a short while, but so far this time I'm enjoying it.

About halfway thru this one now, but it will be put to the side temporarily while I read my newest library pickup... B-Movie king Roger Corman's autobiography, "How I Made a Hundred Movies in Hollywood and Never Lost A Dime"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 10:02 am

I'm reading "The Bottoms" by Joe R. Lansdale. A gritty depression-era murder mystery.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 7:08 pm

George R. R. Martin - A Song of Ice and Fire: A Storm of Swords
I read the first 4 books in germany before (where they were split into 8 books, to milk out more money i guess) and the german translation was horrible, so i bought the first 4 books in a nice pack and re-read them. Takes some time to get through but it's worth it. Also can't wait for season 2 of the show.
Sad thing is, that "project" stops me from reading other books, i have Philip K. Dick's Man in the High Castle and Max Brooks' World War Z lying around
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 33 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 4:26 am

Yet again I'm going through Brent Week's The Night Angel Trilogy. I think this will make my 3rd or 4th reading of the series... lol

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 33 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 8:33 am

YES Stories: Yes in Their Own Words by Tim Morse
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 33 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 11:39 am

ShadowAngel wrote:
George R. R. Martin - A Song of Ice and Fire: A Storm of Swords
I read the first 4 books in germany before (where they were split into 8 books, to milk out more money i guess) and the german translation was horrible, so i bought the first 4 books in a nice pack and re-read them. Takes some time to get through but it's worth it. Also can't wait for season 2 of the show.
Sad thing is, that "project" stops me from reading other books, i have Philip K. Dick's Man in the High Castle and Max Brooks' World War Z lying around

Just finished this and I'm on the next one, "A feast for crows"

I started reading the first one after the show came on HBO.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 33 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 12:22 pm

James B. wrote:
Just finished this and I'm on the next one, "A feast for crows"

I started reading the first one after the show came on HBO.

I was surprised at how great the show was. When they first announced it, i expected some really bad crap, i never thought they would produce something good...but they did and i was surprised at all the nudity and sex (though i don't understand why they changed Drogo in the sex scenes with Daenerys to such a brutal character, i think it was a nice twist in the books that he was actually friendly to her...and didn't basically rape her like in the show)
Can't wait for Season 2, i hope it gets a bigger budget so they can show more of the war and the battles, especially in season 2 the King's Landing/Blackwater battle.

I started the books years ago, i stumbled upon the first one at a book store, without any knowledge and it was fascinating (even though as i said, the german translation is pretty bad), i like this realistic fantasy, dark, violent, lots of sex and characters that aren't black & white (my favourite fantasy author is David Gemmell)
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 33 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 2:28 pm

I usually have several going at once:

City of Fortune: How Venice Ruled The Seas by Roger Crowley

Death of Kings by Bernard Cornwell

Armored Thunderbolt: The US Army Sherman In World War II by Steve Zaloga

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
CRIMSONMASK
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
CRIMSONMASK

Number of posts : 349

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 2:14 pm

The Goblin Corps by Ari Marmell

D&D/LOTR story from the perspective of the bad guys. Not misunderstood anit-heroes with hearts of gold, but real BAD GUYS! An Orc, Troll, Bugbear, Kobold, Ogre, Doppleganger, & Gremlin are brought together by a Lich & highjinx ensue.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 2:28 pm

The War of the Worlds by H.G. Wells, its a cool book, contains the original book, the script for Orson Wells infamous Mercury Theater radio adaption of the play, and a CD of the original broadcast, along short bios on Orson Wells and H. G. Wells
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 10:27 pm

Aldous Huxley's Brave New World
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 7:57 am

Still reading on the Ace Frehley book and added Star Wars Darth Plageuis as well.....
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 33 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 10:40 am

Terry Eagleton - The Idea of Culture
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 33 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 1:59 pm

manny wrote:
The War of the Worlds by H.G. Wells, its a cool book, contains the original book, the script for Orson Wells infamous Mercury Theater radio adaption of the play, and a CD of the original broadcast, along short bios on Orson Wells and H. G. Wells

That sounds cool. I used to have the radio play on LP back in my early teenage years.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 33 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 2:09 pm

S.D. wrote:
manny wrote:

That sounds cool. I used to have the radio play on LP back in my early teenage years.

When I am finished with it, I will send it your way if you want it
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 2:06 pm

Still in the midst of Stephen King's "Duma Key" and I'm enjoying it, but I keep putting it aside in favor of new finds from the library. This weekend I made two more pickups from there, "Ramones: An American Band" by Jim Bessman and "Poisoned Heart: I Married DeeDee Ramone, A Punk Love Story" by Vera King (DeeDee's wife from 1978-95)."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 2:43 pm

CRIMSONMASK wrote:

D&D/LOTR story from the perspective of the bad guys. Not misunderstood anit-heroes with hearts of gold, but real BAD GUYS! An Orc, Troll, Bugbear, Kobold, Ogre, Doppleganger, & Gremlin are brought together by a Lich & highjinx ensue.

Just got this last week. This is a really fun read!
Back to top Go down
CRIMSONMASK
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
CRIMSONMASK

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 11:29 am

Witchfinder wrote:
CRIMSONMASK wrote:

Just got this last week. This is a really fun read!

Yes it is! Finished it last night before going into the Iced Earth show. Put me in a great mood for some metal. I wanted to shout(in a "Simpsons" voice) "EEEEEVIIIIIL!" headbanger
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 2:16 pm

A bunch of short stories recently by the following authors:

Robert A. Heinlein
Richard Matheson
Robert Bloch
M.R. James
John W. Campbell
H.P. Lovecraft

Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 8:12 pm

Ante-Nicene Fathers Vol. 2

Clement of Alexandria is blowing my mind. Way too much knowledge and information about old philosophers than my mind can absorb:

What book are you currently reading? - Page 33 51fqM%2B0LBmL._SL500_AA300_
Back to top Go down
CRIMSONMASK
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
CRIMSONMASK

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 9:37 pm

Just started Total Access by Rich Eisen

With all this March Madness hulabaloo I need a football fix
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 1:25 pm

Just finished a nonfiction book called The Lost City of Z, by David Grann, about the explorer Percy Fawcett who vanished in the Amazon while searching for a lost city he believed was deep in the jungle. Makes the Amazon sound like a really scary place (I wouldn't want any bugs laying their eggs under my skin).
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 1:48 pm

Just finished "Ramones: An American Band" by Jim Bessman and have now moved on to "Poisoned Heart: I Married Dee Dee Ramone (The Ramones Years) by Vera Ramone King.

...not sure how long I'm going to stick with this one, cuz this chick writes like a fifteen year old girl with a MySpace blog. Ugh.

Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 33 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 9:13 am

Jean Baudrillard - America
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 33 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 12:39 pm

John Carter of Mars Volume 1 by Edgar Rice Burroughs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 33 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What book are you currently reading?
Page 33 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next