Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What book are you currently reading?

Go down 
+95
mikeinfla
brokentulsa
ShadowAngel
Naurbereth
Gryphon-kl
Darkly
Sole Survivor
CRIMSONMASK
Wurthless
martinsane
SpectreFate
bassman
Witchfinder
Lari
shamgar75
mlotek
Motorsud
metalken
rawr!
Shawn Of Fire
TheDoctor'sScarf
stevegarveyfan
Thrasher73
FlyingV
Wargod
Joe
Getizzyback
Starman
Orion Crystal Ice
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
ZetaReticuli
chewie
jstate
T-Roy
iamrockerfun
Ultimate.Nightmare
metalhead777
DallasBlack
powermacho
mr.electric39
ultmetal
tohostudios
Metallic Blaze
Ford.Prefect
crazzycat
ryanmetalman
AchrisK
Rogue Angel
SideShowDisaSter
Louder
Olafsto
Eyesore
Shiney
Neuropete
GrandNational
QuothTheRaven
spiritoradio
dirtracin1
exact33
MoonChild
metalheaded
Sutekh
TheGooch
XYZ
Addy
Dave the Boss
the sentinel
thejokeriv
holydiver97595
SlaytanicPOWER
sheets
James B.
scottmitchell74
Zdan
MetalRob331
metalinmyveins
sam
RevBilly6207
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
Mglaffas81
EvyMetal
nevermore
Metal Misfit
kmorg
akeldama
rattpoison
SAHB Healer
Stender
Leatherface
manny
Schbopo
Troublezone
99 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

What book are you currently reading? - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 10:07 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
What book are you currently reading? - Page 27 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMUd5wPuK1jGkixYRjkLXoF_ZSx8uc5vhS8nnNGjieEzhDftbG

Has anyone else read this yet? I'm seriously trying to, but I'm having a hard time getting through it. It's kinda boring so far and Steven's trying to be a little too clever with all the word-play.

I haven't even got to the point where he's in the band yet, but if it doesn't pick up soon, I might have to bail out on this one.

I have it "reserved" at my local library cuz when I went looking for it a week or two ago someone else had checked it out. They're supposed to call me when it comes back in, but I haven't heard from 'em yet.

Got an e-mail from the library yesterday sayin' that this book was finally back "in" and that I can pick it up, so I'm probably gonna stop by to grab it on my way home tonite.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 11:26 am

THE LAST GUNFIGHT: The Real Story of the Shootout at the O.K. Corral --- And How it Changed the American West
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 11:52 am

100 Albums that Changed Music edited by Sean Egan
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 12:40 pm

I haven't read a book in so long I can't exactly remember when I finished one, maybe sometime last year. However, remembering how boring unemployment was the last time I went to pick up some used books. I stated reading one, though I haven't this week as I've been working on getting my stuff organized and the house clean, and I liked it so far (at least half the prologue) and know soon I'll be reading more. It is:

What book are you currently reading? - Page 27 Shadow_Moon

Set 13 years after the events that took place in Willow (who has an appearance in the first chapter). Princess Elora Danan has become a spoiled brat and has no cares about her role in protecting the Great Realms.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 4:37 pm

Metalion: The Slayer Magazine Diaries

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 4:38 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
What book are you currently reading? - Page 27 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMUd5wPuK1jGkixYRjkLXoF_ZSx8uc5vhS8nnNGjieEzhDftbG

Has anyone else read this yet? I'm seriously trying to, but I'm having a hard time getting through it. It's kinda boring so far and Steven's trying to be a little too clever with all the word-play.

I haven't even got to the point where he's in the band yet, but if it doesn't pick up soon, I might have to bail out on this one.

I have it "reserved" at my local library cuz when I went looking for it a week or two ago someone else had checked it out. They're supposed to call me when it comes back in, but I haven't heard from 'em yet.

Got an e-mail from the library yesterday sayin' that this book was finally back "in" and that I can pick it up, so I'm probably gonna stop by to grab it on my way home tonite.

I'm still chipping away at this one. It's gotten slightly better, but I'm not rivited like I thought I'd be.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 5:30 pm

A Storm Of Swords by George R R Martin (book three in A Song of Ice and Fire Trilogy)

Just finished book two, A Clash Of Kings.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 7:46 pm

James B. wrote:
A Storm Of Swords by George R R Martin (book three in A Song of Ice and Fire Trilogy)

Just finished book two, A Clash Of Kings.

That's one of my favorite series ever!

I need to re-read them.

Just finished:

What book are you currently reading? - Page 27 WinterMoon
Back to top Go down
holydiver97595
The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

Number of posts : 1348

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 12:15 am

The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand.

I have officially determined I am not a capitalist.
just kidding It's interesting, and well written. I don't mind it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/demonousmetal
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 4:32 am

holydiver97595 wrote:

What book are you currently reading? - Page 27 84826 It's interesting, and well written. I don't mind it.

I'm not a capitalist either. Though I used to be ...

Just started this book:

What book are you currently reading? - Page 27 THE_OATH

This book is really good. Actually kinda scary. Up there with Dean Koontz and Stephen King for sure.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 9:59 am

Arthur Book3 of the Pendragon Cycle by Stephen R Lawhead
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 10:03 am

Started Steven Tyler's "Does the Noise in My Head Bother You?" last night and I can see what MG was talkin' about, that Tyler kid can ramble. Some funny stuff thus far, but a lot of it sounds like the stream-of-consciousness blather you hear coming from a bum in a bus station. Reminds me of David Lee Roth's Crazy From The Heat, which I never finished because after a while I couldn't make heads or tails out of what the hell he was talkin' about half the time.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 10:20 am

Quote :
but a lot of it sounds like the stream-of-consciousness blather you hear coming from a bum in a bus station. Reminds me of David Lee Roth's Crazy From The Heat

That's a perfect analogy.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 11:30 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:

Just started this book:

What book are you currently reading? - Page 27 THE_OATH

This book is really good. Actually kinda scary. Up there with Dean Koontz and Stephen King for sure.

Agreed!
Frank Peretti books are great
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 11:35 am

holydiver97595 wrote:

just kidding It's interesting, and well written. I don't mind it.

I used to liked that and Atlas Shrugged, re-read them a lot, they not only explain the world, but also are blueprints for some to lead their lives.

When I discovered more about Ayn Rand and the cult of single men that were under her influence, and how children are not mentioned in her books, she is definitely not someone to be admired.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 6:06 pm

What book are you currently reading? - Page 27 Purpose-driven-life
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 12:50 pm

What book are you currently reading? - Page 27 Orthodox-way-kallistos-ware-paperback-cover-art

What book are you currently reading? - Page 27 54917891_b

What book are you currently reading? - Page 27 355264

What book are you currently reading? - Page 27 182159
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 1:29 pm

Lyndon B Johnson ( The American Presidents series) by Charles Peters
Back to top Go down
TheDoctor'sScarf
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 492

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 4:19 pm

The Magician's Nephew
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 4:52 pm

Stender wrote:
What book are you currently reading? - Page 27 Orthodox-way-kallistos-ware-paperback-cover-art

happy
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 9:02 pm

TheDoctor'sScarf wrote:
The Magician's Nephew

thats my favorate book from chronicles of narnia. Smile
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 9:03 pm

GrandNational wrote:
Stender wrote:

happy

Thanks for the recommendation vartan! Smile
Back to top Go down
TheDoctor'sScarf
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 492

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 9:54 pm

Kavin's World

Stender said:

Quote :
TheDoctor'sScarf wrote:
The Magician's Nephew

thats my favorate book from chronicles of narnia. Smile

So far, it's looking that way for me as well. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 11:58 am

Just began Highway to Hell: The Bon Scott Story by Clinton Walker, highly highly recommended.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 11:44 am

Elfestones of Shannara
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 27 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What book are you currently reading?
Page 27 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next