Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What book are you currently reading?

Go down 
+95
mikeinfla
brokentulsa
ShadowAngel
Naurbereth
Gryphon-kl
Darkly
Sole Survivor
CRIMSONMASK
Wurthless
martinsane
SpectreFate
bassman
Witchfinder
Lari
shamgar75
mlotek
Motorsud
metalken
rawr!
Shawn Of Fire
TheDoctor'sScarf
stevegarveyfan
Thrasher73
FlyingV
Wargod
Joe
Getizzyback
Starman
Orion Crystal Ice
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
ZetaReticuli
chewie
jstate
T-Roy
iamrockerfun
Ultimate.Nightmare
metalhead777
DallasBlack
powermacho
mr.electric39
ultmetal
tohostudios
Metallic Blaze
Ford.Prefect
crazzycat
ryanmetalman
AchrisK
Rogue Angel
SideShowDisaSter
Louder
Olafsto
Eyesore
Shiney
Neuropete
GrandNational
QuothTheRaven
spiritoradio
dirtracin1
exact33
MoonChild
metalheaded
Sutekh
TheGooch
XYZ
Addy
Dave the Boss
the sentinel
thejokeriv
holydiver97595
SlaytanicPOWER
sheets
James B.
scottmitchell74
Zdan
MetalRob331
metalinmyveins
sam
RevBilly6207
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
Mglaffas81
EvyMetal
nevermore
Metal Misfit
kmorg
akeldama
rattpoison
SAHB Healer
Stender
Leatherface
manny
Schbopo
Troublezone
99 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

What book are you currently reading? - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 1:03 am

Ford.Prefect wrote:
Rereading the hitchikers guide "trilogy"

A trilogy in five parts Very Happy. Is the 'sixth' one by Eoin Colfer any good?
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 4:03 am

Reading some textbooks on Accounting.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 8:10 am

When The Ghost Screams by Leslie Rule
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 9:16 am

Sutekh wrote:
Ford.Prefect wrote:

A trilogy in five parts What book are you currently reading? - Page 12 Icon_biggrin. Is the 'sixth' one by Eoin Colfer any good?

I read the sixth one recently and enjoyed it. It's not quite Douglas Adams of course but it's a decent enough imitation. I was particularly pleased to see that one of my favorite characters, Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged (the immortal alien who was seen several times earlier in the series, on a mission to personally insult everyone in the Universe - in alphabetical order) plays a major role in the new story.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 3:29 pm

My SI Swimsuit issue just came today. Nothing like looking at scantily clad models on the beach when the wind chill outside is in the single digits.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 3:31 pm

Hit Hard: A Story of Hitting Rock Bottom At the Top by Joey Kramer

also reading through the Book of Luke (NIV)

Metal novice
Metal novice
Ford.Prefect

Number of posts : 51

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 4:07 pm

Sutekh wrote:
Ford.Prefect wrote:

A trilogy in five parts What book are you currently reading? - Page 12 Icon_biggrin. Is the 'sixth' one by Eoin Colfer any good?

Yeah it's pretty good. Definately more story oriented than the others. But I still enjoyed it.
Back to top Go down
Ford.Prefect
Metal novice
Metal novice
Ford.Prefect

Number of posts : 51

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 4:11 pm

Also just finished re-reading:

"Fight Club" by Chuck Palahniuk

"Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" by the immortal Hunter S Thompson

It's been a few years and they always keep me entertained.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 9:37 pm

The Wild Blue by Stephen Ambrose.... about B24 bomber pilots during WW2
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 10:41 pm

NARUTO JHONEN JUMP MANGAS. What book are you currently reading? - Page 12 11840
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 11:06 pm

Sadly, I haven't been reading as much lately. The last two books I finished reading were, "To Live Is To Die: The Life And Death of Metallica's Cliff Burton" and "Elliott Smith and the big nothing".

The Cliff Burton book for the novice might be interesting, but I felt that Joel McIver didn't deliver like I had hoped. I found Joe's interviews with Steve Doherty (Cliff's Bass teacher 78-80) fairly interesting, but that seemed to be the only significant person outside of the metal community, that had anything interesting about Cliff. Sadly, Ray Burton wasn't asked much at all regarding his son. I thought some of the stories with Corinne Lynn (Cliff's girlfriend) were interesting, but Mr. McIver failed miserably to extrapolate any feelings regarding what that first year was like after he died. It was mentioned that Corinne lived with Cliff's parents for that initial year, but NEVER once was there a situation where he asked the important questions.

If it were me, I would've asked, how did you feel about the immediate hire of Jason Newsted into the band? What was your contact like with the remaining band members? Have you followed Metallica through they years, and what is your general perception of the group? What do you think Cliff would think of his band mates and how their career has ascended? How was your relationship with Cliff's parents while living in their house? I would've asked her to discuss some of the more emotional moments that took place within that year, and how her state of mind was.

I really thought the Maxwell Ranch funeral would've been covered, but there simply wasn't much of a focus on that day. There were a lot of people in attendance, so surely one would think that were would be something of note that went on that day. I don't know, I just think if you're going to write about someone (20+ years after they've passed), then those types of questions need to be asked. Joel McIver simply doesn't know how to probe, or ask the difficult question. And by not interviewing family members to any great extent or that of Corinne Lynn; he simply dropped the ball with this effort.

Regarding Elliott Smith, I've always enjoyed his music, I knew about his demise, but frankly I knew nothing about the man. In many ways Elliott's life reminds of Kurt Cobain's. They were both intelligent men, came from a broken family, both seemed to have a penchant for embellishing what their childhood represented, had vices that controlled them, pushed away their core group of friends, all the while hating what fame had brought them. Overall, it was an interesting book about a very complex man, who nobody really seemed to know.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 6:01 am

The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn for a class.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 6:18 am

Has anyone read the new Ozzy book?
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 5:47 pm

Troublezone wrote:

I actually had a dream about this one.
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 6:08 pm

The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 7:54 pm

Troublezone wrote:

No, but I want to.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 8:04 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

No, but I want to.

I saw it at the book store but it's a little pricey... $26 or something.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 1:35 pm

Other than the Bible and my school textbooks, 1984. Good read so far, but I'm a bigger fan of the album.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 4:57 pm

Finished reading The Genesis Of Shannara series (Armageddon's Children, Elves Of Cintra, and The Gypsy Morph). As usual, Terry Brooks captivates me and keeps me reading til the end (all three books in a little over a week). Unfortunatly, he didn't tie in the two series together as well as I had hoped and must wait til he starts (and finishes) the next Shannara series (which will take place 500 years after The Gypsy Morph). My next book will probably be the new Landover book.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 6:47 pm

Ive been reading David Bowie Loving the Alien but ive also recently read Star Wars: Exile and Omen, and am currently reading book3 Abyss
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 10:41 am

Started read the Slash autobiography again. I started it last summer, then got sidetracked and forgot about it. I'm about 3/4 of the way done now.

Decent enough, but no big revelations that a rampant fan-boy such as myself didin't pretty much already know.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 11:23 am

I am still reading 'The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich' by William L Shirer, a very heavy and interesting read, but I have a feeling that I will be reading this book for awhile longer and also reading a book titled 'Precious Metal:Decibel: 25 Extrene Metal Masterpieces" edited by Albert Mudrian.
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 9:53 pm

the deadzone by Stephen King.
Back to top Go down
Ultimate.Nightmare
Metal novice
Metal novice
Ultimate.Nightmare

Number of posts : 96

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 8:28 am

1) Judge Dredd: The movie novelization (way different from the movie)

2) Judge Dredd: Case Files v.5

3) God's Pottery: What Would God's Pottery Do? (if you know these guys, you find if laughable too)
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 12:49 pm

Ultimate.Nightmare wrote:
2) Judge Dredd: Case Files v.5

I need to get those books.

I'm in the middle of Starship Troopers by Robert Heinlein. I saw the movie first so it's interesting comparing the two.

Also reading The Ten Thousand, by Paul Kearney, which is sort of a fantasy version of Xenophon's Anabasis.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What book are you currently reading?
Page 12 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next