Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What book are you currently reading?

Go down 
+95
mikeinfla
brokentulsa
ShadowAngel
Naurbereth
Gryphon-kl
Darkly
Sole Survivor
CRIMSONMASK
Wurthless
martinsane
SpectreFate
bassman
Witchfinder
Lari
shamgar75
mlotek
Motorsud
metalken
rawr!
Shawn Of Fire
TheDoctor'sScarf
stevegarveyfan
Thrasher73
FlyingV
Wargod
Joe
Getizzyback
Starman
Orion Crystal Ice
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
ZetaReticuli
chewie
jstate
T-Roy
iamrockerfun
Ultimate.Nightmare
metalhead777
DallasBlack
powermacho
mr.electric39
ultmetal
tohostudios
Metallic Blaze
Ford.Prefect
crazzycat
ryanmetalman
AchrisK
Rogue Angel
SideShowDisaSter
Louder
Olafsto
Eyesore
Shiney
Neuropete
GrandNational
QuothTheRaven
spiritoradio
dirtracin1
exact33
MoonChild
metalheaded
Sutekh
TheGooch
XYZ
Addy
Dave the Boss
the sentinel
thejokeriv
holydiver97595
SlaytanicPOWER
sheets
James B.
scottmitchell74
Zdan
MetalRob331
metalinmyveins
sam
RevBilly6207
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
Mglaffas81
EvyMetal
nevermore
Metal Misfit
kmorg
akeldama
rattpoison
SAHB Healer
Stender
Leatherface
manny
Schbopo
Troublezone
99 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

What book are you currently reading? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 9:01 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Alien book. Cool.

Sounds cool to me!

FF_ Let me know if it's any good!

Currently re-reading KISS & Sell

Just picked up a couple of books for a plane flight next week -

New post-mortem Michael Criton book about pirates and a a new john grisham that just came out in paperback
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 11:44 am

I'm reading a book called Merlin's Godson, by H. Warner Munn. It's actually two novels collected in one volume. The first is King of the World's Edge, which concerns Merlin gathering up a bunch of Roman legionnaires after King Arthur's death, sailing across the Atlantic, and shipwrecking in North America, where they run afoul of what seems to be the far reaches of the Mayan Empire (spelled Mia in the story). Munn also tosses in some vikings just for fun. It's alright but kind of slow moving and the cast isn't well fleshed out.

The second novel is The Ship From Atlantis, which concerns the son of the first book's Roman leader attempting to travel back to Rome to let the emperor know what happened only to get detoured toward the ancient ruins of Atlantis. It's one of those versions of Atlantis in which the city possessed futuristic technology hundreds of thousands of years in the past, so the plot is much crazier and the writing is rather better in every way (the two books were written 30 years apart, so I guess Munn had practiced over the years).
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 2:38 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Malcolm Gladwell - Outliers

Quote :
I love talking about baseball.

What say ye a sports trivia thread?

Sounds good to me What book are you currently reading? - Page 11 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 2:49 pm

At the moment...

What book are you currently reading? - Page 11 Pso

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 5:43 pm

I shall soon dig into this: Roots of Christian Mysticism: Texts from Patristic Era with Commentary by Olivier Clément
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 8:29 am

To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 3:18 am

Fingerprints of the Gods, by Graham Hancock. An interesting study of a possible 'lost civilisation' using a range of evidence across ancient civilisations.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 10:43 am

This...

What book are you currently reading? - Page 11 Dumbheart-get-fuzzy-collection-darby-conley-paperback-cover-art

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 12:24 pm

Just read Dune:Butlerian Jihad and Dune:Machine Crusade back to back and am going to the libary today to get the next one, Dune:Battle of Corrin.

Decent enough to occupy some time, some of the plot lines make little sense to a person like me with an over analytical mind.

Metal novice
Metal novice
Ford.Prefect

Number of posts : 51

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 1:42 pm

"Physics of the Impossible" By Michio Kaku

Pretty good book I must say.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 4:44 am

"The Torment Of Others" by Val MacDermid
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 7:34 am

I just began reading 'The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich' by William L. Shirer
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 7:52 am

What book are you currently reading? - Page 11 3772142
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 10:17 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
This...

What book are you currently reading? - Page 11 Dumbheart-get-fuzzy-collection-darby-conley-paperback-cover-art

Get Fuzzy's awesome Smile

I'm reading Dreams in The Thing on the Doorstep and Other Weird Stories, by HP Lovecraft. Specifically, I'm finishing up The Case of Charles Dexter Ward.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 12:27 pm

I put "The Grays" by Whitley Strieber on stand-by and started reading "I Slept With Joey Ramone: A Family Memoir" by Mickey Leigh/Legs McNeil last night. Will get back to "The Grays" once I'm done with the Ramone book.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 7:51 pm

Boys Will Be Boys by Jeff Pearlman
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 2:32 am

What book are you currently reading? - Page 11 Anthonybourdain
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 3:13 am

For the Life of the World by Alexander Schmemann
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 8:31 am

What book are you currently reading? - Page 11 V1
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 11:19 am

Finished "I Slept With Joey Ramone: A Family Memoir" last night, really enjoyed it. It's a fast read, sometimes funny, sometimes sad, but a great story all around. Now back to Whitley Strieber's "The Grays."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 11:31 am

Just started on a stack of old Zane Grey hard covers.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 1:53 pm

Star Wars Fate of the Jedi Book 2: Omen & David Bowie : Loving the Alien
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Ford.Prefect
Metal novice
Metal novice
Ford.Prefect

Number of posts : 51

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 2:26 pm

Rereading the hitchikers guide "trilogy"

Also Re Reading "Dreamcatcher"
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 11:00 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
What book are you currently reading? - Page 11 V1

I heard that was a pretty good book.
Back to top Go down
holydiver97595
The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

Number of posts : 1348

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 11:42 pm

I recently finished A Separate Peace by John Knowles.
It's not very good; don't bother.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/demonousmetal
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What book are you currently reading?
Page 11 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next