Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What book are you currently reading?

Go down 
+95
mikeinfla
brokentulsa
ShadowAngel
Naurbereth
Gryphon-kl
Darkly
Sole Survivor
CRIMSONMASK
Wurthless
martinsane
SpectreFate
bassman
Witchfinder
Lari
shamgar75
mlotek
Motorsud
metalken
rawr!
Shawn Of Fire
TheDoctor'sScarf
stevegarveyfan
Thrasher73
FlyingV
Wargod
Joe
Getizzyback
Starman
Orion Crystal Ice
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
ZetaReticuli
chewie
jstate
T-Roy
iamrockerfun
Ultimate.Nightmare
metalhead777
DallasBlack
powermacho
mr.electric39
ultmetal
tohostudios
Metallic Blaze
Ford.Prefect
crazzycat
ryanmetalman
AchrisK
Rogue Angel
SideShowDisaSter
Louder
Olafsto
Eyesore
Shiney
Neuropete
GrandNational
QuothTheRaven
spiritoradio
dirtracin1
exact33
MoonChild
metalheaded
Sutekh
TheGooch
XYZ
Addy
Dave the Boss
the sentinel
thejokeriv
holydiver97595
SlaytanicPOWER
sheets
James B.
scottmitchell74
Zdan
MetalRob331
metalinmyveins
sam
RevBilly6207
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
Mglaffas81
EvyMetal
nevermore
Metal Misfit
kmorg
akeldama
rattpoison
SAHB Healer
Stender
Leatherface
manny
Schbopo
Troublezone
99 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

What book are you currently reading? - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 9:22 am

er i read the hungry city chronicles in like two days. havent read them in years. not very high brow i know but it fires the imagination
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 10:19 am

Some dumb academic articles on feminism...
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 10:22 am

oh yeah im reading loads of books on the vietnam war for an essay which i should be doing no but am putting off
Back to top Go down
Ford.Prefect
Metal novice
Metal novice
Ford.Prefect

Number of posts : 51

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 3:06 pm

Currently reading "The Great Shark Hunt the Gonzo Papers 1" by Hunter S. Thompson
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 10:39 pm

Talon Of The Silver Hawk by Raymond E. Feist

The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 11:14 pm

Think and grow rich by Napoleon Hill
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 10:08 pm

Stender wrote:
Think and grow rich by Napoleon Hill

That's a good book. It will really help you with success. It sure did for me.

What book are you currently reading? - Page 13 438278
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 10:11 pm

Eric by Terry Pratchett
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 11:40 am

i read extracts from like six books on vietnam for an essay. it wasnt too bad in the end
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 12:23 am

Classic Rock Magazine (current issue)
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 5:10 pm

What Every American Should Know About American History

Last edited by nevermore on Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 5:23 pm

What book are you currently reading? - Page 13 JoeyKramer_HitHard_bkCover(1)

Started this one over the weekend.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 10:39 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

What book are you currently reading? - Page 13 N157481

Bailed out on this one about a quarter of the way through. Sounded promising but was very slow moving.

Just finished a book called "Masters of the Comic Book Art Revealed!" -- a collection of essays about the life and careers of such masters as Stan Lee, Will Eisner, etc. Pretty cool stuff.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 10:42 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
What book are you currently reading? - Page 13 JoeyKramer_HitHard_bkCover(1)

Started this one over the weekend.

How is it so far?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 11:26 am

Eh, a little boring. Right now, he's just giving some background when he was a Jewish kid growing up in 1950's-era Yonkers. The Aerosmith years are still a few chapters away I think.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 11:45 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eh, a little boring. Right now, he's just giving some background when he was a Jewish kid growing up in 1950's-era Yonkers. The Aerosmith years are still a few chapters away I think.

I have to be honest I looked forward to reading it, but after I finished it I felt Kramer was a whiney bastard and felt the book was a bit dull.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 11:59 am

manny wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I have to be honest I looked forward to reading it, but after I finished it I felt Kramer was a whiney bastard and felt the book was a bit dull.

I'm trying to look past that part, but yea, after reading the intro and first chapter, I kinda felt the same way. "Wahhhhhh I'm in the biggest rock band in the world, but daddy doesn't love me and I'm sad". Let's move on Joey.

I'm a cynical, heartless bas*ard. What book are you currently reading? - Page 13 Icon_twisted

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 12:01 pm

manny wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Maybe i can get a used copy... What book are you currently reading? - Page 13 Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 3:32 pm

Stephen Clark - La Merde
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 4:01 pm

Just finished last night Darth Bane: Dynasty of Evil

so far thats 4 books for me read this year
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 5:54 pm

Where do I start, I am currently reading over my manuscript which I am writing called GAME OVER (this is named for the Ultimatum song but it was going to be called SINNERS DEADLINE. Hey UltMetal -- you got a preview of this particular one. I should have warned you that the novella has very HARD swearing.)

Then I am thumbing through my magazine where I am reading a story by Jeffery Scott Simms and an entry by Daniel Willow.

I recently picked up Mancow Muller's Dad, Dames, Demons and A Dwarf then Bruce Dickinson's Crowley. Lately I've been trying to stock the magazine up so I can do a few signings.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 11:53 am

Went to the library with the kids this morning and picked up Stephen King's latest, "Under the Dome." Looks like a beast (1000+ pages)!

Tried to find Legs McNeil's "Please Kill Me: An Oral History of Punk" because it was listed in the library's computer, but I couldn't find it and neither could three librarians who basically turned the place upside down looking for it for me. I told'em to give me a call if it turns up.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 6:09 pm

How are Stephen King's recent books?

I used to read his stuff all the time when I was a teen.

I've not read anything post 80s though.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 6:38 pm

Just finished:

King Of Foxes by Raymond E Feist

And about to start:

Exile's Return by Raymond E Feist

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 11:04 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
How are Stephen King's recent books?

I used to read his stuff all the time when I was a teen.

I've not read anything post 80s though.

I'm just getting back into his stuff myself. I kinda burned myself out on King by the early 90s so I now have a whole mess o' books to catch up. I read "Cell" recently (which came out a couple of years ago) and thought it was great. That was the first King I'd read in a number of years.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What book are you currently reading?
Page 13 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next