Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anybody else who hates Aerosmith?

Go down 
+26
DallasBlack
vanillaviking
nevermore
James B.
exact33
the sentinel
stepcousin
Schbopo
XYZ
Wargod
Addy
iamrockerfun
akeldama
Metal Misfit
DeathCult
Sabbath In Solitude
skullsmasher
Troublezone
MetalGuy71
MetalRob331
chucksteak
Rex
manny
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
Gilbert
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Anybody else who hates Aerosmith? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody else who hates Aerosmith?   Anybody else who hates Aerosmith? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 1:10 pm

Nope. I think they're a classic hard rock band. They wouldn't make my Top 10, but I still think they're great.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else who hates Aerosmith?   Anybody else who hates Aerosmith? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 1:21 pm

chucksteak wrote:
but can't remember anything from Mirrors

My favorite track was always "My Fist, Your Face".
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else who hates Aerosmith?   Anybody else who hates Aerosmith? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 2:06 pm

Anything from the S/T in '73 to Done With Mirrors in '85 is a must have. I've never been disappointed with any Aerosmith disc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else who hates Aerosmith?   Anybody else who hates Aerosmith? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 2:26 pm

ultmetal wrote:
How much Aerosmith have you actually heard?

I've found that most rock/metal fans who "hate" Aerosmith are only familiar with a handful of songs, and it's usually the hits or ballads.

"Rocks" was one of the heaviest albums to come out in '76.

Forget
"Dude Looks Like a Lady" and "Love in an Elevator" and give "Rats in
the Cellar", "Nobody's Fault", "Get the Lead Out", "No Surprise",
"Kings and Queens", "Seasons of Wither", etc. a try.
Oh, come on, Scott. At least ban him for a day or so. lol!
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else who hates Aerosmith?   Anybody else who hates Aerosmith? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 2:32 pm

i like AS. 70s 80s 90s 00s. some song are crappy, that's true, but overall top priority.
AS R oc kz !
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else who hates Aerosmith?   Anybody else who hates Aerosmith? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 3:00 pm

I LOVE Aerosmith not as much as Ult but I consider myself a big fan of the band.

Kings and Queens Id say is my all time fav Aerosmith tune followed by Seasons of Wither

And Rocks is a GREAT album
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else who hates Aerosmith?   Anybody else who hates Aerosmith? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 3:10 pm

Eyesore wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

I've found that most rock/metal fans who "hate" Aerosmith are only familiar with a handful of songs, and it's usually the hits or ballads.

Forget

I debated doing that, then Rex came along and dissed both Aerosmith AND AC/DC. I'd have to ban him too. :kickbutt:

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else who hates Aerosmith?   Anybody else who hates Aerosmith? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 3:45 pm

AC/DC is a band Ive liked some songs but the next few CDs im probobly gonna get are going to be AC/DC been feeling the bug for awhile now

But with all this Aerosmith talk I think i need to jam some of their 70s stuff
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else who hates Aerosmith?   Anybody else who hates Aerosmith? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 3:56 pm

I love early Aerosmith their 70's material is epic in hard rock. Their 80's material is more radio friendly but still they put out good hard rock. They tend to slip a bit in the 90's to the present.

Hopefully their new material will be a throwback to the 70's.

Wargod49
Back to top Go down
Sabbath In Solitude
Metal novice
Metal novice
Sabbath In Solitude

Number of posts : 79

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else who hates Aerosmith?   Anybody else who hates Aerosmith? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 4:06 pm

I think Gilbert would have done better with a who hates Limp Bizbit (a typo, but kind of Freudian hmm) or nu-metal thread lol! not much hate here.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sabbsteve aka The Planet Doom
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else who hates Aerosmith?   Anybody else who hates Aerosmith? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 4:34 pm

Sabbath In Solitude wrote:
I think Gilbert would have done better with a who hates Limp Bizbit (a typo, but kind of Freudian hmm) or nu-metal thread lol! not much hate here.....

It's coming soon buddy: limp bizkit, korn, linkin park, bring me the horizon, bullet for my valentine Anybody else who hates Aerosmith? - Page 2 288219 ...By the way, i didn't know i could be banned for expressing my point of view on a band?? It's just my opinion affraid

Anyway, i promised ult i'll give aerosmith a chance and i will listening to music
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else who hates Aerosmith?   Anybody else who hates Aerosmith? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 4:40 pm

Great band. "Living on the Edge" got me hooked.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else who hates Aerosmith?   Anybody else who hates Aerosmith? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 5:12 pm

Quote :
I love everything this band has done up to "pump", after that it has been kind of a been there done that vibe about them. I still like what they are doing but the energy level has kind of diminished which is to be expected, they are not kids anymore. But I am still a huge fan of this band and always will be their first five or six albums hold up with anything anyone has ever done in my opinion.

Honkin' on Bobo is a great album from their newer stuff. I sure don't know how anyone could not like them but different strokes for different folks.

This and we're both in our 40's so we know what we're talking about.
Back to top Go down
Sabbath In Solitude
Metal novice
Metal novice
Sabbath In Solitude

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else who hates Aerosmith?   Anybody else who hates Aerosmith? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 5:14 pm

[quote="Gilbert"]

It's coming soon buddy: limp bizkit, korn, linkin park, bring me the horizon, bullet for my valentine Anybody else who hates Aerosmith? - Page 2 288219 ...By the way, i didn't know i could be banned for expressing my point of view on a band?? It's just my opinion affraid

Some people get a thrill from it ,but for me as a reviewer I just simply would not review anything I didn't like,too much great music to listen to,why waste my time on it was my thinking.
My editor one time wanted me to write a review on a solo album from a guy in Stratovarius,I did not like it ,and I will be honest,I did not like his cursing God in it,I wrote a review anyway ,and yeah,probably best it somehow got lost in the shuffle,never even attempted again to write about anything I didn't like.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else who hates Aerosmith?   Anybody else who hates Aerosmith? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 5:45 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Forget

I debated doing that, then Rex came along and dissed both Aerosmith AND AC/DC. I'd have to ban him too. :kickbutt:
lol!
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else who hates Aerosmith?   Anybody else who hates Aerosmith? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 5:53 pm

Aerosmith is okay. I'm not a big fan, but I like their music.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else who hates Aerosmith?   Anybody else who hates Aerosmith? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 5:56 pm

...By the way, i didn't know i could be banned for expressing my point of view on a band?? It's just my opinion affraid

You can't. We were just joking around.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else who hates Aerosmith?   Anybody else who hates Aerosmith? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 7:06 pm

I love '70's Aerosmith. The first album has a great vibe, they couldve done 6 albums like that and they still wouldve been legends. But they went and got even better starting with Wings (my fave, along with Rocks). I love NITR, even though you could sense the magic was nearing an end. Rock In A Hard Place and Mirrors were ok, but IMO something was gone that they never got back. Apart from a small handfull of songs, I cant stand anything theyve done in the last 20 years.
Back to top Go down
Sabbath In Solitude
Metal novice
Metal novice
Sabbath In Solitude

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else who hates Aerosmith?   Anybody else who hates Aerosmith? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 8:00 pm

Actually since I am working my rear off here,postily speaking, lol! to get into the trading/buying area,I have been falsely accused due to my bad editing skills,I want to make it perfectly clear...it was in reality Gilbert who made that remark...it was him...he did it...he did it !
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else who hates Aerosmith?   Anybody else who hates Aerosmith? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 10:24 pm

While I am not a huge fan, I certainly like them a lot. Truthe be told, like many, I prefer the 1973-1989 era, but they have quite a few choice songs from all decades of their existence.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else who hates Aerosmith?   Anybody else who hates Aerosmith? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 7:51 am

I think thats like going to a Metal board and saying Who else hates metal? Thats just begging for a smackdown IMO, He probobly would have done better with a thread Who Else Loves Aerosmith Smile
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else who hates Aerosmith?   Anybody else who hates Aerosmith? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 8:37 am

I am a casual Aerosmith fan. I like some stuff every once in awhile but dont own anything from them. I mostly like the hits.

Alex

skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else who hates Aerosmith?   Anybody else who hates Aerosmith? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 11:31 am

NumbskullakaNazgul wrote:
Quote :
I love everything this band has done up to "pump", after that it has been kind of a been there done that vibe about them. I still like what they are doing but the energy level has kind of diminished which is to be expected, they are not kids anymore. But I am still a huge fan of this band and always will be their first five or six albums hold up with anything anyone has ever done in my opinion.

Honkin' on Bobo is a great album from their newer stuff. I sure don't know how anyone could not like them but different strokes for different folks.

This and we're both in our 40's so we know what we're talking about.

You said it Brother
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else who hates Aerosmith?   Anybody else who hates Aerosmith? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 11:43 am

If you played in the garage or at the week-end keg party in the mid-late 70's, Aerosmith was on the setlist. They are one of those bands that fall into the "my music from my time" catergory. I still appreciate them and was very grateful they got cleaned up and were able to carry-on. From the debut to "Hard Place" , I have no complaints. A special part of my youth.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else who hates Aerosmith?   Anybody else who hates Aerosmith? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 5:17 pm

Rocks is one of my all time favorite albums. You can't go wrong with any of the earlier catalog.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else who hates Aerosmith?   Anybody else who hates Aerosmith? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anybody else who hates Aerosmith?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next