Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Aerosmith Permenant Vacation

Go down 
+8
Tall Tyrion
Troublezone
the sentinel
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
Chairman_Smith
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

Aerosmith Permenant Vacation Empty
PostSubject: Aerosmith Permenant Vacation   Aerosmith Permenant Vacation Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 12:00 pm

I bought the first pressing cassette release
of. It was pretty unique in that it had the wings logo and album title foil
embossed right on the plastic jewel case.

Well that explains why my copy has no cover at all but the backround!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith Permenant Vacation   Aerosmith Permenant Vacation Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 3:03 pm

I purchased that version too. Wish I had the CD version in that same jewel case.

Great album too. This was when the band headed in a more pop direction, but it still rocked IMO.

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith Permenant Vacation   Aerosmith Permenant Vacation Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 3:05 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Great album too. This was when the band headed in a more pop direction, but it still rocked IMO.

Agreed. If someone only heard the songs they released off this album, they would miss out on such a gem. Simoriah and Magic Touch are my 2 favorites.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith Permenant Vacation   Aerosmith Permenant Vacation Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 3:33 pm

This was the 1st Aerosmith album (cassette actually) I ever purchased. I knew of them prior to this, but never listened to them. After I heard Permanent Vaction, I was on a quest to find their back catalog and have been a fan ever since.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith Permenant Vacation   Aerosmith Permenant Vacation Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 3:36 pm

I have the cassette with the logo printed right on the tape case too. I always thought that was kinda cool. I've never seen another band/album do that
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith Permenant Vacation   Aerosmith Permenant Vacation Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 1:43 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I have the cassette with the logo printed right on the tape case too. I always thought that was kinda cool. I've never seen another band/album do that

Not quite the same, but Iced Earth has a greatest hits that has the logo on the jewelcase and you can reverse the cover to show Angels or Demons.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith Permenant Vacation   Aerosmith Permenant Vacation Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 1:44 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I purchased that version too. Wish I had the CD version in that same jewel case.

If it exists, i'm sure you'll find a way to get ahold of it! lol!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith Permenant Vacation   Aerosmith Permenant Vacation Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 2:47 pm

This and Toys in the attic are my favorite two Aerosmith albums.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith Permenant Vacation   Aerosmith Permenant Vacation Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 7:42 pm

I had that too, bought it the day it came out at Strawberry's. But I have no idea where it is now. Sad
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith Permenant Vacation   Aerosmith Permenant Vacation Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 10:19 am

I like that Angel song.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith Permenant Vacation   Aerosmith Permenant Vacation Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 8:58 am

I can't understand why people seem to hate this one so much. Sure Dude Looks Like a Lady was WAY overplayed, but there are some great songs on it. Hearts Done Time, St. John, Hangman Jury, Rag Doll, the Beatles cover "I'm Down". All classic Aerosmith if you ask me. (Of course, I am an Aero-fanatic, so what do I know.)

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith Permenant Vacation   Aerosmith Permenant Vacation Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 9:41 am

ultmetal wrote:
I can't understand why people seem to hate this one so much. Sure Dude Looks Like a Lady was WAY overplayed, but there are some great songs on it. Hearts Done Time, St. John, Hangman Jury, Rag Doll, the Beatles cover "I'm Down". All classic Aerosmith if you ask me. (Of course, I am an Aero-fanatic, so what do I know.)

I've heard people complain that Aerosmith had sold out with this album to make their big-come back and that it's didn't have the "classic" Aerosmith sound.

I personally never thought that and like it just fine.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith Permenant Vacation   Aerosmith Permenant Vacation Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 9:51 am

ultmetal wrote:

I love "St. John." ("Come on boy, the tape be rollin'...." hahaha)

I played the hell outta that "P.V." tape back in the day and just recently upgraded it to CD. Twenty years later some of it might not have aged very well (it's very much a "product of the times" so to speak) but I still listen to it quite often.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith Permenant Vacation   Aerosmith Permenant Vacation Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 2:40 pm

I think it's the BEST album following the reunion.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith Permenant Vacation   Aerosmith Permenant Vacation Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 12:47 am

Tall Tyrion wrote:
I think it's the BEST album following the reunion.

I like Done With Mirrors a bit more.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith Permenant Vacation   Aerosmith Permenant Vacation Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 4:22 pm

i dont own but i knw enough off the songs to say it must be a good album
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith Permenant Vacation   Aerosmith Permenant Vacation Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 10:25 pm

This was my first Aerosmith album. It was on cassette with the logo etched on the plastic case in gold. This album turned me into a bona-fide fan. I've still got that tape. Is the cd the same way or was that a limited first run thing.

Aerosmith is super cool. They always seemed to stay on top and still maintain their bad-to-the-bone coolness. I love the way they blend so many styles and turn it into rock n roll that really kicks.

How could you not like "Dude Looks Like a lady" it is so damn funny.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: AEROSMITH:NINE LIVES   Aerosmith Permenant Vacation Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 4:56 pm

Do you guys think that this album is UNDERRATED???? I think it is. It have so many great songs that it should have sold much more then it did.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: AEROSMITH:NINE LIVES   Aerosmith Permenant Vacation Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 5:01 pm

Do you guys think that this album is UNDERRATED???? I think it is. It have so many great songs that it should have sold much more then it did.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith Permenant Vacation   Aerosmith Permenant Vacation Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 9:09 am

krokus wrote:

Didn't this album sell like fifty zillion copies? How much more could it have sold?? Smile
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith Permenant Vacation   Aerosmith Permenant Vacation Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 9:43 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
krokus wrote:

Didn't this album sell like fifty zillion copies? How much more could it have sold?? Smile

3 Top 20 Billboard hits (Dude, Ragdoll, Angel), 5 million sold in the US, constant MTV video rotation, and put Aerosmith back on the map. What more could you ask for in an album?
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith Permenant Vacation   Aerosmith Permenant Vacation Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 3:36 pm

Sorry guys, i was going to open a new post. I was not talking about PERMENANT VACATION, i was talking about NINE LIVES. Look at the subject of my message. NINE LIVES is UNDERRATED in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith Permenant Vacation   Aerosmith Permenant Vacation Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 4:06 pm

krokus wrote:
Sorry guys, i was going to open a new post. I was not talking about PERMENANT VACATION, i was talking about NINE LIVES. Look at the subject of my message. NINE LIVES is UNDERRATED in my opinion.

Ahh, OK, now I get it. Didn't notice the subject.

To be honest I didn't like NINE LIVES that much, if you wanna talk underrated Smith albums I'd have to ask "What abou ROCK IN A HARD PLACE or DONE WITH MIRRORS?"
Back to top Go down
criss3o
Metal student
Metal student
criss3o

Number of posts : 176

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith Permenant Vacation   Aerosmith Permenant Vacation Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2007 7:23 am

Rock in a Hard Place, Yes! Done with Mirrors, No! JMO!

As far as Permanent Vacation goes, Hangman's Jury and their cover of I'm Down alone make it worth the price of admission!!!
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith Permenant Vacation   Aerosmith Permenant Vacation Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 1:29 pm

I prefer NINE LIVES before DONE WITH MIRRORS and ROCK IN A HARD PLACE is a little better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith Permenant Vacation   Aerosmith Permenant Vacation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aerosmith Permenant Vacation
Page 1 of 1