Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Christian Bale loses it.

Go down 
+4
metalinmyveins
MetalRob331
XYZ
Troublezone
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage

Christian Bale loses it. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christian Bale loses it.   Christian Bale loses it. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 12:22 am

tohostudios wrote:
I can't believe how much play this tantrum is getting.

A guy on my team emailed me a link to the tape. Big deal, a spoiled Hollywood actor throwing a verbal tantrum because his world isn't in perfect order. Like this doesn't happen every damn day somewhere in filmdom?

Hey, when I'm doing some serious programming, I have to get in a zone too and when some lameass secretary bumps my chair, do I go into a tirade over it? No, because my ass would get fired because I'm not a prima donna.

But what I don't understand is why anyone in the general public gives a rat's ass about this incident. Like I said, it's Hollywood; all big time actors are pampered babies who live in an idealistic world where everything revolves around them in the perfect order they dictate.

So why is this even news?
You're making the same mistake everyone else is making. Everything you just said above is based on total ignorance. That's the problem here. Everyone's immediate reaction is to hate on Bale. It's absolutely baffling.

Programming and acting are light years away. You don't become a different person when programming.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Christian Bale loses it.   Christian Bale loses it. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 1:39 am

pfffttt, i've thrown bigger fits than that. i'm sure many have. no big deal.

MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Christian Bale loses it.   Christian Bale loses it. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 2:02 am

mc666 wrote:

Right on!! The world seems to think just because it's a mega actor that he's a bad guy and an A-Hole. We all throw fits in some form. That anger has to get out sometime.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christian Bale loses it.   Christian Bale loses it. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 4:35 am

Like I said, if you really want to understand what was going on with Bale--if all you do is want to look at Bale as the problem--just listen to his voice. His accent comes and goes. That's a man NOT HIMSELF. He's emotionally not in the right frame of mind. Bale takes acting seriously.

Christian Bale loses it. - Page 4 Christian_Bale_02

Christian Bale loses it. - Page 4 Stickman
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Christian Bale loses it.   Christian Bale loses it. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 5:09 am

Bale is a great actor just look at him in American Psycho, he is genius in that role.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Christian Bale loses it.   Christian Bale loses it. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 8:40 am

Quote :
Programming and acting are light years away. You don't become a different person when programming.

Maybe you don't but I do.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Christian Bale loses it.   Christian Bale loses it. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 9:05 am

MetalRob331 wrote:
mc666 wrote:

Right on!! The world seems to think just because it's a mega actor that he's a bad guy and an A-Hole. We all throw fits in some form. That anger has to get out sometime.

Wow.....So, since we all throw fits sometimes, then it's okay for the average individual at work to go off at a co-worker like Bale, when it's justified???

Last edited by metalinmyveins on Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christian Bale loses it.   Christian Bale loses it. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 10:50 am

I know I'll get pounded for saying this...but acting is much more than a "job", it's an art form.

If you were recording a band, you wouldn't go into the studio and start taping down microphone cables while the drummer is tracking a song...he'd probably beat you to death with his drumsticks.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Christian Bale loses it.   Christian Bale loses it. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 11:07 am

detuned wrote:
I know I'll get pounded for saying this...but acting is much more than a "job", it's an art form.

If you were recording a band, you wouldn't go into the studio and start taping down microphone cables while the drummer is tracking a song...he'd probably beat you to death with his drumsticks.

Hence, my point in a previous post. What would be considered very taboo in 99% of the workforce around the world, is considered readily acceptable in the entertainment industry. So what you're saying is that actors/musicians are allowed to operate under a totally different set of ethics. In essence, they have no moral compass to live by, because they're artists.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christian Bale loses it.   Christian Bale loses it. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 11:19 am

metalinmyveins wrote:
detuned wrote:

Hence, my point in a previous post. What would be considered very taboo in 99% of the workforce around the world, is considered readily acceptable in the entertainment industry. So what you're saying is that actors/musicians are allowed to operate under a totally different set of ethics. In essence, they have no moral compass to live by, because they're artists.

That wasn't the point I was trying to get across. I just think that art requires a level of concentration and being "in the moment" at a level that exceeds most jobs. If you break the mood you can easily derail the entire process.

As for Bale, do I think he was justified in freaking out - yes. Do I think he went a little overboard with it - yes. But I can understand it.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Christian Bale loses it.   Christian Bale loses it. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 11:38 am

Thats my whole point, Bale went off because he was caught in the moment. Sure he kept going and going like the energizer bunny, but who cares.

People are looking at this like this guy can get away with it because he's an actor and he think's he some hot shot spoiled brat. I don't look at it that way at all. People sometimes say things out of context when they are caught in the moment or they are put in a situation they aren't used to. Bale apologized and I'm sure he meant it.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Christian Bale loses it.   Christian Bale loses it. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 12:11 pm

Quote :
Oh. Haha. That's all you wanted people to know, huh? Rolling Eyes

Yes, "He went overboard".
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Christian Bale loses it.   Christian Bale loses it. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 12:12 pm

detuned wrote:

Maybe for some but not all actors, some of them suck.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christian Bale loses it.   Christian Bale loses it. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 12:18 pm

Troublezone wrote:
detuned wrote:

Maybe for some but not all actors, some of them suck.

Keanu Reeves being the poster child for that particular branch.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Christian Bale loses it.   Christian Bale loses it. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 1:04 pm

Hmmmmm.......

Interesting, Bale is embarrassed and finds his actions inexcusable. I think that was my whole point. The 4 million ass clowns who found his rant over the top accept his apology.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/eonline/20090206/en_movies_eo/98799
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Christian Bale loses it.   Christian Bale loses it. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 1:06 pm

Interesting, Bale is embarrassed and finds his actions inexcusable. I think that was my whole point. The 4 million ass clowns who found his rant over the top accept his apology.

Someone tell eyesore that! Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christian Bale loses it.   Christian Bale loses it. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 1:11 pm

Actually, this part kind of underlines Eyesore's point:

"I put so much into what I do and care so much about it and sometimes the enthusiasm just goes awry.
"I'm embarrassed by it. I ask everybody to sit down and ask themselves,
have they ever had a bad day and have they ever lost their temper and
really regretted it immensely."
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Christian Bale loses it.   Christian Bale loses it. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 1:13 pm

Quote :
I ask everybody to sit down and ask themselves,

Except eyesore thought there was nothing wrong with it to begin with...
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Christian Bale loses it.   Christian Bale loses it. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 1:18 pm

detuned wrote:

"I put so much into what I do and care so much about it and sometimes the enthusiasm just goes awry.

That underscores my point as well. I have no idea if the guy is a good guy or not. I never said the guy was a major league A-Hole, but I did say the guy was WAY out of line. The fact that Mr. Bale recognizes that he was WAY out the line, and seems contrite regarding his apology, is good enough for me. I'm just tired of the "Double standard" that goes around in this world. If you have fame and money, somehow that grants you more free passes in life. Hogwash!
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Christian Bale loses it.   Christian Bale loses it. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 1:19 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
detuned wrote:

That underscores my point as well. I have no idea if the guy is a good guy or not. I never said the guy was a major league A-Hole, but I did say the guy was WAY out of line. The fact that Mr. Bale recognizes that he was WAY out the line, and seems contrite regarding his apology, this is good enough for me. I'm just tired of the "Double standard" that goes around in this world. If you have fame and money, somehow that grants you more free passes in life. Hogwash!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Christian Bale loses it.   Christian Bale loses it. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 1:24 pm

Quote :
I never said the guy was a major league A-Hole, but I did say the guy was WAY out of line.

There you go!! cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christian Bale loses it.   Christian Bale loses it. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 2:39 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Quote :
Maybe you don't but I do.
Now you're just saying that. Maybe you focus and concentrate reeeeeeally hard, but you can't convince me it's the same.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christian Bale loses it.   Christian Bale loses it. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 2:42 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Quote :
I ask everybody to sit down and ask themselves,
Except eyesore thought there was nothing wrong with it to begin with...
There wasn't, because his reaction is NATURAL. I said it was a non-issue and it was.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christian Bale loses it.   Christian Bale loses it. - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Christian Bale loses it.
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4