Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Christian Bale loses it.

Go down 
+4
metalinmyveins
MetalRob331
XYZ
Troublezone
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Christian Bale loses it. Empty
PostSubject: Christian Bale loses it.   Christian Bale loses it. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 6:17 pm

This is sorta old news but i just heard about it the other day. Watch out for the F bombs...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INeDYTdTgfU

insane Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Christian Bale loses it.   Christian Bale loses it. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 6:18 pm

I've heard about this. He's insane.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Christian Bale loses it.   Christian Bale loses it. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 6:24 pm

xyz wrote:
I've heard about this. He's insane.

When i read your post i was looking at your Bob Ross pic and imagining him saying your comment.

lol!
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Christian Bale loses it.   Christian Bale loses it. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 6:36 pm

Awesome clip, I heard about it but never actuallt listened. Bale has every right to be angry. You put in so much preparation and time into these films and when someone comes along and gets in your way of doing your job I'm sure it freaked him out. Granted I would never speak that way toward someone but Bale has all the power here. People go to see movies based on script and who is in it.

Filming is a long process and I'm sure Bale just wants to get this movie over with and done.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Christian Bale loses it.   Christian Bale loses it. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 6:41 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
Awesome clip, I heard about it but never actuallt listened. Bale has every right to be angry. You put in so much preparation and time into these films and when someone comes along and gets in your way of doing your job I'm sure it freaked him out. Granted I would never speak that way toward someone but Bale has all the power here. People go to see movies based on script and who is in it.

Filming is a long process and I'm sure Bale just wants to get this movie over with and done.

The point is he overdid it... It was overkill.

Last edited by Troublezone on Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Christian Bale loses it.   Christian Bale loses it. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 6:46 pm

Nothing wrong with Overkill, they rock.

I think he did over do it, but his rant was well taken. What is the difference if he goes over to the guy and says "look you're ruining my set, please stay off of it" or "You dumb MF, what are you doing" Either way if he wants that guy gone he's gone. He can pretty much speak to him any way he wants.

I personally don't like hearing anyone getting spoken to like that, it's very disrespectful and unprofessional. Bale is a great actor he must really get into what he is doing and he takes his job very serious.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christian Bale loses it.   Christian Bale loses it. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 6:56 pm

I've heard that this is exactly how Scott Waters is at band practice. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christian Bale loses it.   Christian Bale loses it. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 7:04 pm

I was just looking up the movie on IMDB and the guy he is yelling at isn't exactly "green", he's got 17 films in his credits as DP, so I doubt if he's a complete moron when it comes to on set behavior.

You know what this reminds me of? "Mission From Harry" by Iron Maiden...remember the insane taped interview with Nicko McBrain ranting about a crew member interrupting his drum solo?
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Christian Bale loses it.   Christian Bale loses it. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 7:11 pm

Laughing very hard kind of like in the movie Rock Star where he doesn't play the note exactly like it is on the record.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Christian Bale loses it.   Christian Bale loses it. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 7:22 pm

He totally went over the edge. I give credit to the guy who he was berating. He stayed calm the whole time. At some point everyone has a breaking point, in terms of the allotted amount of insults one is ready to take on. I don't know he restrained himself. I might've been fired from the set, but I would've told Bale to shove it where the sun don't shine. If you want to insult me for some mistake I made, so be it. This went way beyond an insult. I guess Christian figures he can get away with this crap after the highly successful Batman series. It just goes to show you that the Hollywood elite think the sun "Rises and sets" on them.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Christian Bale loses it.   Christian Bale loses it. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 7:29 pm

Yes Bale went overboard, but he is the main guy here. People are going to see Bale and I'm sure he needs to be focused. The guy did it more then once and actually was laughing at Bale. That is how I would've took it too. If someone is letting you have it and you laugh, all hell breaks loose, and people seem to get even more steamed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christian Bale loses it.   Christian Bale loses it. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 7:34 pm

You simply cannot distract an actor when they are deep into a character. That fact alone screams emotional imbalance. You'll notice in the clip that Bale's accent was coming and going. The dude was stuck between himself and the character. And the word is, that scene was the emotional climax of the movie. Not to mention that it wasn't the first time the lighting guy was adjusting his lights during a scene.

Everyone wants to crap all over Bale for this, but I don't think there was a damn thing wrong with what he did. Sure, you could argue he went off a bit too long, but no one knows the circumstances. Maybe he didn't go off enough? Either way, watch The Machinist and you'll understand just how deep Bale gets into character.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Christian Bale loses it.   Christian Bale loses it. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 7:42 pm

Bale sure didn't act like this before his big break through role as Batman but now Mr Superstar has a big ego problem. Maybe he was having some personal problems on the side but his rant is way overboard.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christian Bale loses it.   Christian Bale loses it. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 7:46 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Bale sure didn't act like this before his big break through role as Batman but now Mr Superstar has a big ego problem. Maybe he was having some personal problems on the side but his rant is way overboard.
Right, because you know everything about Bale's acting history. There is a contrary story out there defending Bale, saying he was kind and respectful during that entire shoot. Except for that one moment.

And here is everyone, taking one moment of a man's life and declaring him an sfincter, a loser, a terrible human being. Everyone is lashing out at him, online, anonymously. Funny how they're criticizing him for lashing out, though, huh? You have already spent more time trashing Bale than he did trashing that lighting guy. And he had good reason.

It's good to know that in this day and age, a man is defined by a 3-minute snippet of their life.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Christian Bale loses it.   Christian Bale loses it. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 7:47 pm

The Machinist is amazing how much did he weigh in that film? I'm sure a lot of actors do this, they just aren't caught on tape or recorded.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Christian Bale loses it.   Christian Bale loses it. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 7:53 pm

Quote :
Right, because you know everything about Bale's acting history

Like you do...

Are you the devils advocate on all things? The media is watching and they would have tore this guy a new one if he had a reputation for this behaviour.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Christian Bale loses it.   Christian Bale loses it. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 8:06 pm

If any actor does this and it gets caught, most people are going to respond "His ego got in the way" or "He thinks he's god" We don't know these people and we don't know what goes through there minds.

Bale is an amazing actor who obviously takes his career very serious. Just because he had an outburst doesn't make him an ahole. He will still be one of the most sought after actors out there.

I've had outbursts like these myself, when someone gets in your way and stops you from doing your job, you react. Some people react different then others.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Christian Bale loses it.   Christian Bale loses it. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 8:11 pm

I'm not saying he's not a good actor because he is, it's just a lot of actors or "artists" have emotional issues it seems. Like detuned said this dp dude is not a rookie, he made a mistake once and Bale went off. If the dp did it more than once then Bale could justify his rant. Does Bale curse the sky when thunder interupts his scene or rain starts falling?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Christian Bale loses it.   Christian Bale loses it. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 8:14 pm

Quote :
You have already spent more time trashing Bale than he did trashing that lighting guy.

That's what we do here... we discuss stuff.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Christian Bale loses it.   Christian Bale loses it. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 8:16 pm

Troublezone wrote:
I'm not saying he's not a good actor because he is, it's just a lot of actors or "artists" have emotional issues it seems. Like detuned said this dp dude is not a rookie, he made a mistake once and Bale went off. If the dp did it more than once then Bale could justify his rant. Does Bale curse the sky when thunder interupts his scene or rain starts falling?

The guy did it more then once, as Bale states " this is the 2nd time" and it seems really didn't care. I'm sure a lot of actors run into problems on the set.

This is also Bale's resume here. How he performs and how his movies do all reflect on his future.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Christian Bale loses it.   Christian Bale loses it. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 8:23 pm

Quote :
The guy did it more then once, and it seems really didn't care. I'm sure a lot of actors run into problems on the set.

That could be true but when i was listening to a radio show there were callers that are from the movie industry that said their bosses tell them to keep working even during a scene. The dp probably had a superior tell him to keep tweaking the lights for the next shot and Bale was somehow distracted. The dp has to do his job as well...

Last edited by Troublezone on Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Christian Bale loses it.   Christian Bale loses it. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 8:24 pm

Outside of the military this type of behavior shouldn't be acceptable. There will always be a certain level of incompetence within the work industry. Mr. Bale supposedly has had a history with this guy, so if that's the case, this individual should've never been on the lot in the first place. Lets forget incompetence for a second. In how many other professions besides that of the military would this be allowed? The person who got berated like this would have the other individual's nuts in a meat grinder as it pertains to their job, and the company would probably be looking at a nice lawsuit. I'm not saying the guy who Bale was yelling at isn't a numb nuts. He probably is, but say what you need to say and move on. Pull the director aside, and say, I can't have this guy on the set anymore. One can make their point without throwing a tantrum.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Christian Bale loses it.   Christian Bale loses it. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 8:25 pm

The problem isn't with Bale being angry because he had a right to be. The question is the deeper issues within himself to go on that long about it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christian Bale loses it.   Christian Bale loses it. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 8:29 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Quote :
Right, because you know everything about Bale's acting history
Like you do...
Doesn't matter. I'm not the one trashing the guy. Like I said, you're judging him based on 3-minutes of audio.

Quote :
Are you the devils advocate on all things? The media is watching and they would have tore this guy a new one if he had a reputation for this behaviour.
Devil's advocate? So let me get this straight. You're saying he has no history of this before now. So a man blowing up, losing it for a minute or so, is enough for you--or anyone--to judge his character. God! You don't find that to be a bit ridiculous?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Christian Bale loses it.   Christian Bale loses it. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 8:29 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
Outside of the military this type of behavior shouldn't be acceptable. There will always be a certain level of incompetence within the work industry. Mr. Bale supposedly has had a history with this guy, so if that's the case, this individual should've never been on the lot in the first place. Lets forget incompetence for a second. In how many other professions besides that of the military would this be allowed? The person who got berated like this would have the other individual's nuts in a meat grinder as it pertains to their job, and the company would probably be looking at a nice lawsuit. I'm not saying the guy who Bale was yelling at isn't a numb nuts. He probably is, but say what you need to say and move on. Pull the director aside, and say, I can't have this guy on the set anymore. One can make their point without throwing a tantrum.

Well said! He should of went to the producers or director to get the guy fired instead of threatening him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christian Bale loses it.   Christian Bale loses it. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Christian Bale loses it.
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next