Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AC/DC loses another member?

Go down 
+6
Fat Freddy
mc666
MoonChild
manny
MetalGuy71
mikeinfla
10 posters
AuthorMessage
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

AC/DC loses another member? Empty
PostSubject: AC/DC loses another member?   AC/DC loses another member? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 7:46 am

AC/DC loses another member? ACDC.promoFB.1016-14.no%2BRudd

AC/DC have issued the first photo of their new lineup without founding member Malcolm Young who left the group for health reasons but the photo is also missing another member of the band.
The image features singer Brian Johnson, guitarists Angus and Stevie Young, and bassist Cliff Williams … noticeably absent is drummer Phil Rudd.

The band recently used Bob Richards (Shogun, Adrian Smith Band) to handle drum duties for the filming of a pair of videos in London earlier this month, with Johnson telling fans that Rudd had been called away at the last minute to deal with a family emergency.

AC/DC were shooting clips for the title track to their forthcoming album, "Rock Or Bust", as well as the project's lead single, "Play Ball." Due December 2, "Rock Or Bust" is the Australian band's first album since 2008's "Black Ice."

AC/DC recorded the project at Vancouver's Warehouse Studio with producer Brendan O'Brien (Aerosmith, Pearl Jam) and engineer Mike Fraser.

Angus and Malcolm's nephew, Stevie, handled rhythm guitar on the album after Malcolm stepped away from the group to deal with ongoing health issues related to dementia, according to his family; he is now officially retired from AC/DC.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC loses another member?   AC/DC loses another member? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 10:06 am

Definitely odd. If Phil was only going to be gone temporarily, why release a press photo without him? That only happens when a guy is gone.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC loses another member?   AC/DC loses another member? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 11:44 am

yea that is a bit odd and he is not in the new video.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC loses another member?   AC/DC loses another member? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 12:00 pm

Well....... I wish he is not gone from the band.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC loses another member?   AC/DC loses another member? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 1:22 pm

Maybe that photo was taken at the video shoot and that's why he isn't there?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC loses another member?   AC/DC loses another member? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 1:44 pm

Maybe he's hiding behind that brick wall.

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC loses another member?   AC/DC loses another member? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 1:47 pm

Dude, strange things are afoot in the AC/DC camp...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

Number of posts : 882

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC loses another member?   AC/DC loses another member? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 2:07 pm

S.D. wrote:

That's what I think
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC loses another member?   AC/DC loses another member? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 2:33 pm

bass63 wrote:
S.D. wrote:

That's what I think

And that was the only available time to get them all in one spot for a band photo? They couldn't possibly wait one more day to take a group photo when Phil was going to be there?

Or why have them be all together at all? If getting them all in one place at one time was a problem, just use individual shots and group them all together. Like this one...
AC/DC loses another member? Richie+faulkner

Those guys could've been on 5 different continents for all we know.

It just doesn't make sense. Unless Phil is out of the band.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC loses another member?   AC/DC loses another member? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 2:39 pm

who cares? as long as angus and brian are still there.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC loses another member?   AC/DC loses another member? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 2:44 pm

The obvious answer is: Phil's taking the picture!!

Case closed. Cheers!! Have a good weekend everyone. cheers

Last edited by MetalGuy71 on Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I figured it out!)
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC loses another member?   AC/DC loses another member? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2014 1:01 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
The obvious answer is: Phil's taking the picture!!

Case closed. Cheers!! Have a good weekend everyone. cheers

headbanger
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC loses another member?   AC/DC loses another member? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2014 1:25 am

I'll be honest, I don't expect anything more from AC/DC after this one.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC loses another member?   AC/DC loses another member? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2014 3:19 pm

Maybe he doesn't think it's right - to tour - without Malcolm -
He left AC DC for a while - 10 years - that's a good triva question -
who were the two drummers to fill in for Phil -
He has GOT TO BE wealthy - and let's face it - it'll be a 2 year tour -
he's also a heavy cigerette smoker - not to add to the mystery -
the photo is strange - almost haunting - without Malcom and Phil - Runaway Train !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC loses another member?   AC/DC loses another member? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AC/DC loses another member?
Page 1 of 1