Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lars loses it.

Go down 
+10
thejokeriv
Metal Misfit
sam
manny
Required Fields
metalinmyveins
MetalGuy71
mc666
Thrasher73
Troublezone
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Lars loses it. Empty
PostSubject: Lars loses it.   Lars loses it. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 5:26 am

This is the first time i've seen him act this pissed. Obviously there's bad language involved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV_S6KlyqhA&NR=1
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Lars loses it. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lars loses it.   Lars loses it. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 8:59 am

Heres what Lars needs

Lars loses it. 382568
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Lars loses it. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lars loses it.   Lars loses it. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 12:43 pm

he doesn't really seem all that pissed. more like overly dramatic.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Lars loses it. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lars loses it.   Lars loses it. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 12:54 pm

Was that a recent interview or footage from Some Kind of Monster? I've never been able to sit through that whiney b*tch-fest, so I don't know.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

Lars loses it. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lars loses it.   Lars loses it. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 2:53 pm

[quote="troublezone"]This is the first time i've seen him act this pissed. Obviously there's bad language involved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV_S6KlyqhA&NR=1[/quote]

You would have had to watched "Some Kind of Monster" to see why Lars was so pissed. Jason was leaving them voicemails, and calling them F**s for not telling him about the band playing in the parking lot prior to the 2003 AFC Championship game. It was the first time Metallica was going to play live since Jason left the band. Bob Rock played bass that day for the band. Then Jason would leave calls asking the band to let him back in. I used to feel sorry for Jason, but he kind of came off as a big baby.

One night Lars, Kirk, and Bob Rock went to go watch Jason and Echobrain play in some S.F bar to support him (this was while James was in rehab). When Kirk and Lars went back stage to congratulate him on the show, his other two band members informed Lars and Kirk that he skipped out the back. Jason is a tough guy to figure out.
Back to top Go down

Lars loses it. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lars loses it.   Lars loses it. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 3:40 pm

Some Kind of Monster is a great documentary. It really is.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Lars loses it. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lars loses it.   Lars loses it. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 3:52 pm

Lars is one of the biggest jerks in the history of music. It bears repeating.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Lars loses it. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lars loses it.   Lars loses it. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 3:59 pm

Eyesore wrote:

It's quite brilliant actually.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Lars loses it. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lars loses it.   Lars loses it. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 4:01 pm

Required Fields wrote:

Does it BARE repeating?

Just curious, why is Lars one of the biggest jerks in history?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Lars loses it. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lars loses it.   Lars loses it. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 4:14 pm

I actually liked " Some Kind of Monster" but it did take away some of the mystique of the band. I have never seen a rockumentary where the band members allow their audience to see them so emotionally naked.

This movie could have easily turned into a glorified 2 hour Behind the Music episode and turned out to be alot more than that.
Back to top Go down

Lars loses it. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lars loses it.   Lars loses it. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 4:50 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
Required Fields wrote:
Does it BARE repeating?

Lars sounds pompous in just the way he talks. Doesn't make it so. A lot of people on this forum think I'm an a-hole and I am no such thing. Until someone meets me in person, their opinion of me is inaccurate, good or bad. The same came be said about all the forum members that think they know a musician. Pffft!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Lars loses it. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lars loses it.   Lars loses it. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 5:25 pm

I don't remeber this clip in the movie. They should of left it in.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Lars loses it. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lars loses it.   Lars loses it. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 5:27 pm

mc666 wrote:
he doesn't really seem all that pissed. more like overly dramatic.

I definately think he was pissed he just makes funny faces at the same time and if he wasn't he wouldn't of left the room.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Lars loses it. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lars loses it.   Lars loses it. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 6:10 pm

Eyesore wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:
Required Fields wrote:
Does it BARE repeating?

Lars sounds pompous in just the way he talks. Doesn't make it so. A lot of people on this forum think I'm an a-hole and I am no such thing. Until someone meets me in person, their opinion of me is inaccurate, good or bad. The same came be said about all the forum members that think they know a musician. Pffft!

Lars has also had the luxury of being able to have grown up in what can only be considered a functional home. His Father was a pro tennis player, they lived a fairly comfortable life in Denmark, and then in the U.S. He received a good education, and he used those things in life to build Metallica into what it is today. Ross Halfin singlehandedly places the success of Metallica on Lars. I'm not talking about from a music standpoint, but from a business standpoint, especially from Puppets onward (in the wake of Cliff's death).

Lars was the one who did the majority of the interviews early on, pushed for extensive touring, and directed the image of the band. I'm not saying I agree with all of the moves Lars has made, but that's also coming from a fan. I don't think anyone can blame a band for reaping the financial success that Metallica has been able to covet. I wonder how many people out there would turn down the lifestyle of one of these guys, in order to save face from much of the metal community? My guess is that it's going to be a real small percentage.

I know there are many out there that were pissed that Lars went to Capitol Hill in 2000 to address the free downloading of music, which eventually led to all sorts of wholesale changes in file sharing, etc...The point is this, Lars basically was the one who took the brunt for this, yet, he was speaking on behalf of at least 90% of the music industry or more. People fail to realize that this wasn't a Metallica crusade, it was an artists crusade, but its spokesperson was Lars Ulrich.

I've actually had the pleasure of meeting the band in 1993, and they were all very genuine guys. Talk about taking time out with their fans, these guys go above and beyond.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

Lars loses it. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lars loses it.   Lars loses it. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 9:21 pm

Good ol' Lars lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Lars loses it. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lars loses it.   Lars loses it. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 9:25 pm

Eyesore wrote:
A lot of people on this forum think I'm an a-hole and I am no such thing.

lol!

I used to, but now I love ya. You grew on me. cheers
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

Lars loses it. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lars loses it.   Lars loses it. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 9:29 pm

Eyesore wrote:

nah, you just tell the brutal truth
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Lars loses it. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lars loses it.   Lars loses it. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 10:04 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

lol!

To be honest, I wasn't sure what to think about you either, but I think you're cool. You're just opionionated, and there certainly isn't anything wrong with that.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Lars loses it. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lars loses it.   Lars loses it. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 10:12 pm

manny wrote:
I actually liked " Some Kind of Monster" but it did take away some of the mystique of the band. I have never seen a rockumentary where the band members allow their audience to see them so emotionally naked.

This movie could have easily turned into a glorified 2 hour Behind the Music episode and turned out to be alot more than that.

Agreed - I thought it was a great movie, something you don't get to normally see. After seeing the mvies, it;s easy to understand why St Anger turned out like ti did
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Lars loses it. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lars loses it.   Lars loses it. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 10:27 pm

After watching the movie I saw "St. Anger" in a different light, still my least favorite album in their discography but interesting departure.
Back to top Go down

Lars loses it. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lars loses it.   Lars loses it. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 11:20 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

lol!

To be honest, I wasn't sure what to think about you either, but I think you're cool. You're just opionionated, and there certainly isn't anything wrong with that.
I'm so good at tricking people into thinking I'm a dick, Brian Keene blogged about me yesterday. Haha.
Back to top Go down

Lars loses it. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lars loses it.   Lars loses it. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 6:58 am

Eyesore wrote:
[ Brian Keene blogged about me yesterday. Haha.

Who?
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

Lars loses it. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lars loses it.   Lars loses it. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 7:43 am

Eyesore wrote:

I agree its a fantastic Documentry Ive seen it a few times when Im in a mood for a Documentry thats one of the first ones i think of (when i wanna see a music one I should say)

Quote :
After watching the movie I saw "St. Anger" in a different light, still my least favorite album in their discography but interesting departure

Thats how i felt after seeing it for the first time
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Lars loses it. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lars loses it.   Lars loses it. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 10:59 am

manny wrote:

I tried watching it, but I couldn't get through it. I think because I was watching it on tv, it was too easy to say "Oh boo-hoo, go cry in a pile of money" and flip the channel. If I had actually rented the dvd, I might have been more inclined to watch the whole thing. As it stands now, I doubt I'll ever see it and I'm ok with that.

Lars loses it. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lars loses it.   Lars loses it. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 8:24 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
[ Brian Keene blogged about me yesterday. Haha.
Who?
Pretty famous author.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lars loses it. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lars loses it.   Lars loses it. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lars loses it.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next