Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC?

Go down 
+10
MetalGuy71
Mglaffas81
sam
A Handful of Wayne
mc666
Smindas
manny
Fat Freddy
Chairman_Smith
Gilbert
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC?   Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 4:35 pm

it's not about chord progressions or notes or scales or whatever, music is about feeling, its about the emotions one puts into a song. that's why there is so many different types of music and the composers who write that music.

good example:

yngwie ( and other shredders) feel songs with thousands of notes but, john cage wrote songs with the fewest notes possible. There are people who love both types and those who dislike them.

It doesn't matter if bands use the same notes or have the same sound, it's all about the feeling one puts into the music they write or play.

yngwie - far beyond the sun

Last edited by rattpoison on Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

PostSubject: Re: Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC?   Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 8:02 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:

Depends on where the discussion was. I'm not a fan of Dimmu or black metal in general but I have heard songs from them. So it really depends on what is said about them, and if I have enough information to comment on it.

I meant the whole ac/dc is awesome/mediocre leading to intense discussions about music and feeling and all that stuff.

Or would everyone just been like "dimmu, yeah whatever"

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC?   Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 8:12 pm

sam wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

Depends on where the discussion was. I'm not a fan of Dimmu or black metal in general but I have heard songs from them. So it really depends on what is said about them, and if I have enough information to comment on it.

I meant the whole ac/dc is awesome/mediocre leading to intense discussions about music and feeling and all that stuff.

Or would everyone just been like "dimmu, yeah whatever"

lol!

Probably "Whatever" I love discussions and hearing other peoples thought on them.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

PostSubject: Re: Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC?   Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 8:15 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:

Probably "Whatever" I love discussions and hearing other peoples thought on them.

that's what I'm thinking, I don't think there are any black metal diehards on here besides maybe mc666.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC?   Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 8:23 pm

rattpoison wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

Most of what I was saying is based on Ac/Dc as I really cant find emotion in there music as its pretty much the same style through out there career.

Listen to the song Ride On........it's Bon Scott laying it all out there, about him drowning his sorrows because of every "Bridge he's burnt" and trying to comfort himself with prostitutes and the bottle but it doesn't fix anything......eventually he says f*ck it and he's going to "Ride On".....it's storytelling and lament of Hank Williams and Merle Haggard quality. A very sad but optimistic song. The Bon Scott era of AC/DC had alot more depth to it......what macho hard rocker from the 70's would write a song like "Ride On"........

Just pushing this out for response maybe Cool...........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC?   Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC? - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC?
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next