Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC?

Go down 
+10
MetalGuy71
Mglaffas81
sam
A Handful of Wayne
mc666
Smindas
manny
Fat Freddy
Chairman_Smith
Gilbert
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC?   Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 9:25 pm

Ride On is a great song except for his vocal performance on the first verse. I see what you are saying but I guess I hear it differently. I don't really listen to lyrics I listen for songwriting and the way the lyrics are sang with the music. Below is an example.

I have no idea what they are saying but that makes no difference cuz the songwriting is there to make up for it. Make sense? 1:43 is amazing and is pefect songwriting to me. Again I like Ac/Dc and Ride On is a great song. Its just that Bon and Brian really lack the vocal power to draw me in like others do. Its just persoanl taste and I have nothing against them.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC?   Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 10:31 pm

Jesus Christ!!!! Bon Scott was an excellent vocalist and brillant lyricist!!!! Vocal power, he was all about vocal power and also knew when to hold back, Bon Scott ruled!!!!
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC?   Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 11:27 pm

manny wrote:
Jesus Christ!!!! Bon Scott was an excellent vocalist and brillant lyricist!!!! Vocal power, he was all about vocal power and also knew when to hold back, Bon Scott ruled!!!!

I think Bon fit Ac/Dc really well and yes he was a great vocalist for there style. Again I could care less what most lyricists have to say I don't listen to lyrics. Also I prefer Brian as a vocalist.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC?   Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC? - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC?
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5