Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC?

Go down 
+10
MetalGuy71
Mglaffas81
sam
A Handful of Wayne
mc666
Smindas
manny
Fat Freddy
Chairman_Smith
Gilbert
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC? Empty
PostSubject: Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC?   Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 10:12 am

In metalhammer's edition of January 2009 (No 187), Shagrath stated in an interview:
" ...I don't think we can ever be a band like AC/DC. Even though i love AC/DC, if you have one album you have them all..."

I'm newly into AC/DC, but i already think that their sound is so unique and all their albums are exceptional. Who the f*** is Shagrath to come out with such stupid criticism?

In my opinion, Dimmu Borgir are one of those so many similar untalented black metal bands, who try to scare us with the looks, pentagrams and black make-up (eventually, they end up looking stupid). And their music lacks of creativity and diversity too. So pardon me Mr Shagrath, your opinion on AC/DC is also easily applicable to your band and most of the black metal scene.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC?   Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 11:36 am

Untalented?? Have you heard a Dimmu Borgir album? You have no idea what you're talking about.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC?   Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 11:46 am

Some doofus from another Black Metal band did a similar interview recently where he talked all kinds of sh*t about Iron Maiden, Cliff Burton and Dimebag too. It seems to be the "in" thing right now to do amongst black metallers, to attack "heroes," piss fans of those bands/people off and get themselves even more notorious amongst the metal community.

Either that, or it's the only way they can get press because nobody listens to their music. "HEY! Listen up! We're so tr00, grimm and kult! Check it out, this is how KVLT we are, we hate Dimebag Darrell! Yeah, that's right! You heard us! He SUCKED!... hello? Is this thing on?"

Whatever the reason, I could give a crap less what they think about anything or anybody...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC?   Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 12:31 pm

Dimmu Borgir has a few CD's I like, and I think they are a talented band but they can ki$$ my ass, may the ghost of Bon Scott haunt you and piss in your beer.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC?   Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 12:39 pm

Wow, I really don't think Shagrath said anything bad. I'm not much of a Dimmu fan but I'm also not a huge AC/DC fan because I personally find them a bit samey. The guy's entitled to an opinion and it's not like he said they're bad or anything - he said he loves them!

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC?   Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 12:43 pm

i personally don't care much for Dimmu & their drowned in synth style. he didn't really insult AC/DC though. he just basically stated the obvious, that AC/DC's style hasn't changed much since their inception.

Fat Freddy wrote:
Some doofus from another Black Metal band did a
similar interview recently where he talked all kinds of sh*t about Iron
Maiden, Cliff Burton and Dimebag too. It seems to be the "in" thing
right now to do amongst black metallers, to attack "heroes," piss fans
of those bands/people off and get themselves even more notorious
amongst the metal community.

Either that, or it's the only way
they can get press because nobody listens to their music. "HEY! Listen
up! We're so tr00, grimm and kult! Check it out, this is how KVLT we
are, we hate Dimebag Darrell! Yeah, that's right! You heard us! He SUCKED!... hello? Is this thing on?"

Whatever the reason, I could give a crap less what they think about anything or anybody...

really? it seems as though what they said got to you. which was the intent... to piss people off.

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC?   Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 12:45 pm

mc666 wrote:

really? it seems as though what they said got to you. which was the intent... to piss people off.

Nah, I don't give a sh*t. I just noticed there have been several of these Black Metal dudes' rants showing up on Blabbermouth lately so I ran with it.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC?   Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 2:09 pm

What he said was true though. AC/DC is great but they never ventured out into other territories. Not that I really think they should have because they just arent one of those kind of bands. If they would have started to add pianos and keyboards to their music then they would be done with their fans thats not what they are about.

Are you saying that even though AC/DCs sound is unique and exceptional that each album didnt sound like the last? I dont know how many songs they have that sound identicle to other songs but im sure there are more than a few.

Shagrath didnt really anything bad about them either because he likes them himself. He even has another band where he plays guitar and its very rock n rollish sort of like AC/DC. I think what he really meant was if they record the same album over and over again their fans would get bored so they have to keep adding to their sound and trying new tricks. His statement was very understandable.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC?   Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 3:47 pm

I have listened to so many black metal bands: dimmu borgir, deicide, gorgoroth. Adversam, Darkthrone (to name a few...). My verdict and the verdict of hundreds of true metalheads was: black metal sucks. It just sells good with all the looks (make up, inverted cross, evil lyrics and pentagrams). So such bands are given credibility and provided appropriate marketing by metal investors... I still respect though black metal fans. It's their choice and no one is entitled to tell you what to listen to and what not to listen to.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC?   Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 7:49 pm

Gilbert wrote:
I have listened to so many black metal bands: dimmu borgir, deicide, gorgoroth. Adversam, Darkthrone (to name a few...). My verdict and the verdict of hundreds of true metalheads was: black metal sucks. It just sells good with all the looks (make up, inverted cross, evil lyrics and pentagrams). So such bands are given credibility and provided appropriate marketing by metal investors... I still respect though black metal fans. It's their choice and no one is entitled to tell you what to listen to and what not to listen to.
But you clearly don't respect black metal fans. You've just implied that they're drawn in to the bands purely by their 'scary' image and dark lyrics, rather than being able to consciously like the music. You've also stated that 'true metalheads' think black metal 'sucks' - how is that respect for black metal fans?

P.S. Deicide? Black metal? Not bloody likely!

Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC?   Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 12:58 am

Smindas wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
But you clearly don't respect black metal fans. You've just implied that they're drawn in to the bands purely by their 'scary' image and dark lyrics, rather than being able to consciously like the music. You've also stated that 'true metalheads' think black metal 'sucks' - how is that respect for black metal fans?

P.S. Deicide? Black metal? Not bloody likely!
Smindas is wise.

black metal fans are as "true" as any other metal fan. just because you don't care for the style or understand it's appeal, doesn't make it any less valid than any other style of heavy metal. you sound as bad as the elitist BM kvlt crowd.

sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC?   Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 10:32 am

stupid he said/she said smurf poo, who cares?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC?   Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 2:29 am

Why should black metal be respected? Do these guys respect other people beliefs?

when you insult an entire religion, you need to be treated in a similar way...
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC?   Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 2:55 am

Gilbert wrote:
Why should black metal be respected? Do these guys respect other people beliefs?

sounds like you know nothing of black metal, except what you read in the tabloids. not all black metal bands have anti-christian rhetoric. many sing about native folklore, pagan beliefs, Tolkien, nature, etc. you cannot possibly know what every band in the entire genre respects. you're just making gross statements based on your own ignorance of the style.

you don't have to respect it or like it. but do not lie & claim to respect the fans of black metal when you clearly don't.

sh*t like this is why i never call myself a metalhead. metalheads are elitist douchebags.

Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC?   Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 3:03 am

mc666 wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

sounds like you know nothing of black metal, except what you read in the tabloids. not all black metal bands have anti-christian rhetoric. many sing about native folklore, pagan beliefs, Tolkien, nature, etc. you cannot possibly know what every band in the entire genre respects. you're just making gross statements based on your own ignorance of the style.

Laughing very hard

you don't have to respect it or like it. but do not lie & claim to respect the fans of black metal when you clearly don't.

sh*t like this is why i never call myself a metalhead. metalheads are elitist douchebags.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC?   Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 3:05 am

Gilbert wrote:
mc666 wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

Laughing very hard

great comeback.

Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC?   Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 3:09 am

mc666 wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
mc666 wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

Laughing very hard

great comeback.

You're obviously not worth one...
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC?   Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 3:11 am

why is that? because i disagree with you? or because you don't have the capacity to come up with anything?

Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC?   Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 3:27 am

mc666 wrote:
why is that? because i disagree with you? or because you don't have the capacity to come up with anything?

I could. But again, no need to. What important message does black metal deliver to younger generations? None, so................
By the way, i really like the 666. So Spooky :-)
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC?   Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 3:28 am

awww. so i was worth a comeback. how touching. Smile

Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC?   Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 3:29 am

no, seriously...i have my opinion on black metal. as much as you don't like it, you don't have to. and nobody would care...
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC?   Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 3:33 am

Gilbert wrote:
no, seriously...i have my opinion on black metal. as much as you don't like it, you don't have to. and nobody would care...
nah bro. i understand that you don't like it. many people don't. i just didn't understand your reasoning. perhaps it's a language barrier... maybe if you can explain it more thoroughly.

i do not expect people to like what i like. i'm not that kind of dude.

Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC?   Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 3:39 am

Look, let's be pro at this: in my opinion, music should deliver positive messages. I truly respect bands who sing about corruption, war, poverty, politics...Bands who deliver real messages. But i cannot stand bands who have nothing better to do but wear inverted crosses and spill hatred and ignorance (again, i know it's not the case with all black metal bands, but most of them).

I've been God knows how many times to norway, land of black metal. I've met kids who were into this kind of music: it mutilates them. they destroy themselves man. And there is absolutely nothing positive about it. It's a shame.

So let's not be hypocrit and hide behind idealistic terms like diversity and respect...Some things need to be said.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC?   Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 3:44 am

Bro, look what's done all over the world in the name of democracy and freedom: wars, killings are taking place, for pure economical reasons.
Everyday, leaders come out and sell us great speeches about values. But in fact, we all know that the big multinationals are ruling the world. This is what needs to be said. And who better then metal music to talk about it?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC?   Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 3:47 am

Gilbert wrote:
(i know it's not the case with all black metal bands, but most of them).
ok, you've made yourself clear. we are at a disagreement, but i respect your opinion. especially since you've included this statement. cheers to you!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC?   Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dimmu Borgir's Shagrath "takes on" AC/DC?
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next