Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lizzy Borden guitartist killed in car accident

Go down 
+6
Troublezone
80smetalrocks
Required Fields
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
manny
10 posters
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Lizzy Borden guitartist killed in car accident Empty
PostSubject: Lizzy Borden guitartist killed in car accident   Lizzy Borden guitartist killed in car accident Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 9:04 am

Former Lizzy Borden guitarist Corey Daum (a.k.a. Corey James) was killed in a car crash on Saturday morning (January 24th) in Nashville, Tennessee. He was 39 years old. According to The Tennessean, a Kentucky man has been charged with vehicular homicide after police said he drove into a concrete wall, killing Daum.

Daum died at the scene of the accident on an Interstate 40 on-ramp on George L. Davis Boulevard. According to police, the car was driven by Charles Wolford of Owensboro, Ky., who admitted at the scene that he had been drinking.

The Ford Explorer driven by Wolford crossed three lanes to get to the interstate on-ramp before striking a concrete wall about 12:30 a.m., witnesses told police.

Wolford is also charged with vehicular assault for the injuries of another passenger, Ravin Wells, 27, of Goodlettsville, who is in stable condition at Vanderbilt University Medical Center.

Wolford was not seriously injured, police said. None of the passengers were wearing seatbelts.

Daum was a member of Lizzy Borden from 1989 to 1996, although he apparently didn't appear on any of the band's studio albums.

Another former Lizzy Borden guitarist, Alex Nelson, was killed in a head-on collision on May 17th, 2004.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Lizzy Borden guitartist killed in car accident   Lizzy Borden guitartist killed in car accident Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 9:10 am

Saw this on Blabbermouth a couple of days ago... it sucks. R.I.P.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Lizzy Borden guitartist killed in car accident   Lizzy Borden guitartist killed in car accident Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 9:17 am

Wow, second Lizzy Borden guitarist to die in a car accident in recent years.

Quote :
Guitarist Alex Nelson perished in a head-on collision the afternoon of May 17th,

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Lizzy Borden guitartist killed in car accident   Lizzy Borden guitartist killed in car accident Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 9:28 am

ultmetal wrote:

Quote :
Guitarist Alex Nelson perished in a head-on collision the afternoon of May 17th,

I just noticed that. And Lizzy's current guitarist is in jail. Is the guitar position in Lizzy Borden cursed or somethin'? Shocked

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Lizzy Borden guitartist killed in car accident   Lizzy Borden guitartist killed in car accident Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 9:30 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Quote :

I just noticed that. And Lizzy's current guitarist is in jail. Is the guitar position in Lizzy Borden cursed or somethin'? Shocked

This is Metalrob's chance at rock n roll glory since the guitar slot is now vacant, he can beat the curse.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Lizzy Borden guitartist killed in car accident   Lizzy Borden guitartist killed in car accident Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 3:06 pm

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
80smetalrocks
Metal student
Metal student
80smetalrocks

Number of posts : 101

PostSubject: Re: Lizzy Borden guitartist killed in car accident   Lizzy Borden guitartist killed in car accident Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 3:28 pm

Sad R.I.P
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Lizzy Borden guitartist killed in car accident   Lizzy Borden guitartist killed in car accident Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 3:30 pm

That's sad. Did they inherit Def Leppard's bad luck?
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Lizzy Borden guitartist killed in car accident   Lizzy Borden guitartist killed in car accident Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 4:02 pm

Troublezone wrote:
That's sad. Did they inherit Def Leppard's bad luck?

maybe so, that sucks major balls.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Lizzy Borden guitartist killed in car accident   Lizzy Borden guitartist killed in car accident Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 4:22 am

manny wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Quote :

This is Metalrob's chance at rock n roll glory since the guitar slot is now vacant, he can beat the curse.

Laughing very hard way too big of shoes to fill there.

RIP thoughts and prayers with your friends and family
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Lizzy Borden guitartist killed in car accident   Lizzy Borden guitartist killed in car accident Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2021 11:32 am

On the album “ Love You To Pieces “
The album starts off with “ Council of the Cauldron “
Starts off with a backwards message....just found out - finally -
After all these decades....Lizzy Borden says, “ Hello Suckers “.
Back to top Go down
blazingstone
Metal student
Metal student

Number of posts : 110

PostSubject: Re: Lizzy Borden guitartist killed in car accident   Lizzy Borden guitartist killed in car accident Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2021 1:33 pm

Whoa until now I had no idea two members of this band had died, sad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lizzy Borden guitartist killed in car accident   Lizzy Borden guitartist killed in car accident Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lizzy Borden guitartist killed in car accident
Page 1 of 1