Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Looks and Heavy Metal

Go down 
+28
DeathCult
SAHB Healer
7thSecond
stevegarveyfan
fingers
Smindas
DallasBlack
krokus
Schbopo
the sentinel
mc666
James B.
MetalRob331
GrandNational
SuprimuS
exact33
White_Mage
jstate
Wargod
Fat Freddy
Stender
manny
sam
ultmetal
Troublezone
Temple of Blood
Lurideath
Gilbert
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Looks and Heavy Metal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looks and Heavy Metal   Looks and Heavy Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 7:44 pm

i'm not a metal head, but i guess i look & dress like one.

James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12634

PostSubject: Re: Looks and Heavy Metal   Looks and Heavy Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 7:45 pm

mc666 wrote:
i'm not a metal head, but i guess i look & dress like one.

that there is quite hilarious
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Looks and Heavy Metal   Looks and Heavy Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 8:44 pm

I certainly don't look the part anymore. I did when I was 19 with ripped jeans, long hair and a Megadeth t shirt; but now I look like I am just coming from the weight room or going there with a shaved head and an Under Armour hoodie. That's what I feel most comfortable in, so that's what I wear. Like a lot of you have typed, it's what's in your heart and your blood. And thank God, Metal has been coursing through my veins for 25 years!!! Ever since I picked up Defenders of the Faith. 🤘
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Looks and Heavy Metal   Looks and Heavy Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 9:42 pm

the sentinel wrote:
I certainly don't look the part anymore. I did when I was 19 with ripped jeans, long hair and a Megadeth t shirt

I've got the ripped jeans and the Megadeth shirt (wearing it now), and I still don't look like much of a metalhead. Actually, I look more like a nerdy stoner (or Clay Aiken). Someone told me today I looked like I'd be into psychedelic rock, which is also true. I guess the Pink Floyd boxers didn't help there. Anyway, like everyone else said, who really cares? Wear whatever the hell you want.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Looks and Heavy Metal   Looks and Heavy Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 11:19 pm

Schbopo...um...how come they could see your boxers? Shocked And how does your underwear influence people's perception of you? scratch Just wait til' spec gets a read of this. Razz
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

PostSubject: Re: Looks and Heavy Metal   Looks and Heavy Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 12:15 am

the sentinel wrote:
Schbopo...um...how come they could see your boxers? Shocked And how does your underwear influence people's perception of you? scratch Just wait til' spec gets a read of this. Razz

You're missing the symbolism!
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Looks and Heavy Metal   Looks and Heavy Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 12:18 am

Schbopo wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

Yeah, but were still trying to figure out how somebody caught a glimpse of your undies dude!
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

PostSubject: Re: Looks and Heavy Metal   Looks and Heavy Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 12:20 am

Stender wrote:
Schbopo wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

Yeah, but were still trying to figure out how somebody caught a glimpse of your undies dude!

Bah. Away with you.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Looks and Heavy Metal   Looks and Heavy Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 1:27 pm

Many of the people that dont dress like a heavy metal maniac, thinks its not important to dress like that, but people like me, that dress like a metalhead and likes to walk proud on the streets like that do think its important. But everybody can do what he/she wants of course, but i like to listen and to live metal 100%, inside and outside with total dedication to our movement.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Looks and Heavy Metal   Looks and Heavy Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 4:38 pm

krokus wrote:
Many of the people that dont dress like a heavy metal maniac, thinks its not important to dress like that, but people like me, that dress like a metalhead and likes to walk proud on the streets like that do think its important. But everybody can do what he/she wants of course, but i like to listen and to live metal 100%, inside and outside with total dedication to our movement.

I totally agree with you bro.
Back to top Go down
SuprimuS
Metal student
Metal student
SuprimuS

Number of posts : 147

PostSubject: Re: Looks and Heavy Metal   Looks and Heavy Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 4:57 pm

krokus wrote:

well said brother 🤘
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Looks and Heavy Metal   Looks and Heavy Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 5:32 pm

Thanks Stender and Suprimus. I am happy that you agree with me. Hail to you 🤘
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Looks and Heavy Metal   Looks and Heavy Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 7:03 pm

I look metal and love to look metal so that's good for me. If someone doesn't, I have no problem with that. Also, I could care less about fitting in with anybody. Hell, even looking metal I don't fit in with other "metal heads". Be true to yourself and screw the haters.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Looks and Heavy Metal   Looks and Heavy Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 1:13 am

After all, it's all about the music running through your veins...Metal for life 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looks and Heavy Metal   Looks and Heavy Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 1:21 am

I definitely don't look like a rocker anymore...but I still feel like one now and again.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Looks and Heavy Metal   Looks and Heavy Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 1:25 am

DallasBlack wrote:
..... and screw the haters.

Shocked
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Looks and Heavy Metal   Looks and Heavy Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 2:56 am

GrandNational wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Shocked

Not like that!!!! Pervert. Mad
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Looks and Heavy Metal   Looks and Heavy Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 3:02 am

DallasBlack wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Shocked

Not like that!!!! Pervert. Mad

Laughing very hard I just couldn't resist DB.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Looks and Heavy Metal   Looks and Heavy Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 8:15 am

There's no specific way to look if you listen to metal and anyone telling you otherwise is probably too preoccupied with their own idiotic notions of looking more 'true' than you that they'll spout any elitist rubbish.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Looks and Heavy Metal   Looks and Heavy Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 9:32 am

Come to think about it, I don't dress to look metal. I dress to express my personality and metal just happens to be part of that. All my t-shirts are either of bands I listen to, cartoons I grew up with, video games I grew up with, radio shows I listen to, magazines I read, favorite wrestlers, or wrestling shirts from when I was in high school. I wear jeans and t-shirts because their comfortable, I wear leather jackets because I like the way they look, I have long hair because I love having it that way, I wear beards because I look too young w/o them, and I wear boots because they are very hard wearing and comfortable.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Looks and Heavy Metal   Looks and Heavy Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 9:33 am

heavy metal is a form of music, not a fashion. one thing has nothing to do with the other.

fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: Looks and Heavy Metal   Looks and Heavy Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 7:40 pm

Gilbert wrote:
I would like to discuss this topic: is metal music supposed to affect my looks? I have short hair, many university degrees, wear a tie, and work at a high administrative level...But deep inside, i'm a hell of a metalhead. The cd box in my car is constantly filled with cds of testament, exciter, judas priest, helloween and grave digger. My collection is really amazing. However, when i speak of my passion, people look at me in a surprised manner. It's also the case when i'm abroad, shopping for metal music. It's like "i don't fit in the metal section". And it bothers me.
angry

I agree with ult metal but I do think you shouldn't be mistaken for something derogatry like for example if people thought you an emo than I suggest you change your look like shaving that fringe. But nah metal in general is all about being TRUE to yourself like Udo Dirscheider from Accept didn't wear the traditional metal look in the 80s he had a shaved head and wore army pants but he is one of the coolest and most respected people in metal. With me though I used to be in a metal band 1 and a half years ago and had a Dokken esque mullet and a denim jacket and jeans but when I moved from New South Wales to Queensland I stopped wearing the denim jacket since its TOO hot and recently had to cut my mullet off since I am between jobs
Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: Looks and Heavy Metal   Looks and Heavy Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 8:09 pm

This is me with my wife:

Looks and Heavy Metal - Page 2 Shellykissingryan

I am as metal as ever, but I haven't looked the part for at least 15 years. She prefers baseball shirts to band shirts, and I love baseball shirts, so it's not really much of a compromise. I still have all the old shirts, but I don't wear 'em nearly as much as I used to.

I get the same thing at work. I'm a CPA, and when someone finds out what kind of music I like, they just can't believe it. It ain't all about the looks! (At least I hope not, 'cause if it is, I'm in BIG trouble.)
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

PostSubject: Re: Looks and Heavy Metal   Looks and Heavy Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 8:40 pm

I know my opinion won't be very popular here but I think the look is important. I guess alot of it probably comes from all of the remarks etc. I overhear about my hair, bandshirts etc. It seems to get worse the older I get also. Many times it comes from people who supposedly like metal. You know the type. They listen to AC/DC, Guns N' Roses, Metallica etc. but think anyone who has longhair and/or band shirts are freaks that just never grew up. I've always thought it was strange also that it's o.k. for grown men to wear a teams shirt with another man's name on the back but not a metal bands shirt. I guess I just don't have any respect for people who change there attire because they feel they're supposed to etc. A work dresscode is one thing, but by God don't be afraid to show your pride when you're away from it. Besides when 90% of my friends slowly stopped listening to metal their dress was the first clue that something was changing. And I don't mean to imply that those of you here without the look don't care about your metal. I'm just saying what I've experienced over the years, and Hell I've dressed this way way to long to ever know anything different now anyway.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Looks and Heavy Metal   Looks and Heavy Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 8:41 pm

mc666 wrote:
heavy metal is a form of music, not a fashion. one thing has nothing to do with the other.

Understood and agreed, however, certain looks are associated with certain music which is the point being made. Denim, leather, t-shirts, & the like for metal; button up shirts, cowboy hat, cowboy boots, and tight pants for country; or jerseys, bandanas, askew ball caps, do rags, grills, and baggy pants hanging past your ass for rap. Your logic on this is impecable mc666 but logic has nothing to do with stereotypes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looks and Heavy Metal   Looks and Heavy Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looks and Heavy Metal
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next