Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who puts the HEAVY in heavy metal?

Go down 
+14
sam
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
INVADERS
Hamer12
metalmaniac122
manny
ultmetal
GrandNational
Troublezone
mc666
XYZ
rattpoison
MetalRob331
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Who puts the HEAVY in heavy metal? Empty
PostSubject: Who puts the HEAVY in heavy metal?   Who puts the HEAVY in heavy metal? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 11:45 pm

What band puts out the heaviest metal you know? A band that just sounds so heavy. You ever listen to a song or band and say now that's heavy?
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Who puts the HEAVY in heavy metal?   Who puts the HEAVY in heavy metal? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 12:16 am

Black Sabbath, Buffalo, Trouble, Tad, King's X and Kyuss are definately the 'heaviest' metal bands i've ever heard.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Who puts the HEAVY in heavy metal?   Who puts the HEAVY in heavy metal? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 12:19 am

Sabbath. "Sweet Leaf" is one of the heaviest songs I've ever heard.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Who puts the HEAVY in heavy metal?   Who puts the HEAVY in heavy metal? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 12:24 am

depends on your definition of "heavy". i'd say Morbid Angel & Celtic Frost.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

PostSubject: Re: Who puts the HEAVY in heavy metal?   Who puts the HEAVY in heavy metal? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 12:26 am

Pantera
Crowbar

Last edited by troublezone on Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Who puts the HEAVY in heavy metal?   Who puts the HEAVY in heavy metal? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 2:39 am

For shear heaviness: Electric Wizard
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Who puts the HEAVY in heavy metal?   Who puts the HEAVY in heavy metal? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 3:52 am

mc666 wrote:
depends on your definition of "heavy". i'd say Morbid Angel & Celtic Frost.

I mean the guitar is just so heavy like Metallica's The Thing that Should not Be, Pro-Pain's The Beast is Back now thats heavy to me..

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who puts the HEAVY in heavy metal?   Who puts the HEAVY in heavy metal? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 4:29 am

I always thought the intro to Infectious Grooves's "Monster Skank" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhLOz-Buo2E) was one of the heaviest riffs I've ever heard. Too bad the rest of the song is nothing like that first 20 seconds or so.

Solitude Aeturnus's "9th Day: Awakening" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9n68bp_wj4) has a ridiculously heavy riff. "Black Castle" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7h9-OZheqY) is another.

And then there's Machine Head's "Davidian."

If I was a boxer, a MMA fighter, or something like that, this song would be my intro. So damn heavy.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Who puts the HEAVY in heavy metal?   Who puts the HEAVY in heavy metal? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 5:29 am

Eyesore wrote:
I always thought the intro to Infectious Grooves's "Monster Skank" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhLOz-Buo2E) was one of the heaviest riffs I've ever heard. Too bad the rest of the song is nothing like that first 20 seconds or so.

Solitude Aeturnus's "9th Day: Awakening" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9n68bp_wj4) has a ridiculously heavy riff. "Black Castle" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7h9-OZheqY) is another.

And then there's Machine Head's "Davidian."

If I was a boxer, a MMA fighter, or something like that, this song would be my intro. So damn heavy.

When it comes to Machine Head the song i think of which is also off of BME is A Thousand Lies.. Both of them are so heavy..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who puts the HEAVY in heavy metal?   Who puts the HEAVY in heavy metal? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 7:04 am

Right off the top of my head I would say Runemagick.

http://runemagick.se/realmofdeath/media/

"Ancient Incantations" is one of the "Heaviest" songs I have heard.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Who puts the HEAVY in heavy metal?   Who puts the HEAVY in heavy metal? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 8:01 am

Judas Priest - Hell Bent for Leather
Judas Priest - Stained Class

I remember hearing these two album in 1980 and my jaw hitting the floor. I loved heavy music already, but this was HEAVY!

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Who puts the HEAVY in heavy metal?   Who puts the HEAVY in heavy metal? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 8:23 am

That would be Morbid Angel or Napalm Death, weight wise it doesnot get heavier than Leslie West of Mountain, he weighed three hundred pounds and had one of the sweetest guitar tones back in the day.
Back to top Go down
metalmaniac122
Metal student
Metal student
metalmaniac122

Number of posts : 137

PostSubject: Re: Who puts the HEAVY in heavy metal?   Who puts the HEAVY in heavy metal? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 8:48 am

Machine Head, Lamb of God and Pantera.
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: Who puts the HEAVY in heavy metal?   Who puts the HEAVY in heavy metal? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 8:54 am

CROWBAR
Acid Bath
Clutch
Amon Amarth
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Who puts the HEAVY in heavy metal?   Who puts the HEAVY in heavy metal? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 9:00 am

Crowbar, Pantera, Death, Black Sabbath, Kyuss, Testament, 'tallica, the list is endless... but it depends what you mean by heavy... Heavy as in the music, or heavy as in the sound/production of the music....
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37632

PostSubject: Re: Who puts the HEAVY in heavy metal?   Who puts the HEAVY in heavy metal? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 9:08 am

Who put the bomp in the bomp-de-bomp-de-bomp?

Who wrote the book of love?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Who puts the HEAVY in heavy metal?   Who puts the HEAVY in heavy metal? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 9:14 am

Dark Angel

Especially Time Does Not Heal.So much riffing going on
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who puts the HEAVY in heavy metal?   Who puts the HEAVY in heavy metal? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 9:18 am

Most of the bands I would have mentioned have already been mentioned...but it's a fun thread to read!

Actually...Corrosion Of Conformity belongs in there (post-Blind era).

Heaviest guitar tones ever belong to Tony Iommi, Josh Homme, Wino and Tom G. Warrior.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who puts the HEAVY in heavy metal?   Who puts the HEAVY in heavy metal? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 9:20 am

xyz wrote:
Sabbath. "Sweet Leaf" is one of the heaviest songs I've ever heard.

The sheer power of the Master Of Reality record has yet to be topped by anyone...although my personal song pick would be Into The Void.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Who puts the HEAVY in heavy metal?   Who puts the HEAVY in heavy metal? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 11:13 am

Anybody who makes you want to bang your head and kill posers or little animals.

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Who puts the HEAVY in heavy metal?   Who puts the HEAVY in heavy metal? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 11:14 am

ultmetal wrote:
Judas Priest - Hell Bent for Leather
Judas Priest - Stained Class

I remember hearing these two album in 1980 and my jaw hitting the floor. I loved heavy music already, but this was HEAVY!
add to that list Dissident Aggressor. heavy as hell. 🤘

nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25807

PostSubject: Re: Who puts the HEAVY in heavy metal?   Who puts the HEAVY in heavy metal? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 12:56 pm

Easily Black Sabbath.
Back to top Go down
Pontus
Metal student
Metal student

Number of posts : 132

PostSubject: Re: Who puts the HEAVY in heavy metal?   Who puts the HEAVY in heavy metal? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 1:10 pm

Mayhem.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Who puts the HEAVY in heavy metal?   Who puts the HEAVY in heavy metal? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 1:13 pm

Mayhem are so heavy and evil, on their spare time they burn down churches, murder fellow bandmates and watch Cookie Monster in order to perfect their vocal skills.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3891

PostSubject: Re: Who puts the HEAVY in heavy metal?   Who puts the HEAVY in heavy metal? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 1:49 pm

Black Sabbath
Grave
Dismember
Kyuss
Candlemass
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who puts the HEAVY in heavy metal?   Who puts the HEAVY in heavy metal? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who puts the HEAVY in heavy metal?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next