Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any one else dig Wolfmother?

Go down 
+19
White_Mage
the sentinel
caniplaywithmadness?
rattpoison
fingers
TheGooch
SAHB Healer
Todd Jaymz
AchrisK
Wicked Rick
MetalGuy71
krokus
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
Smindas
mc666
spiritoradio
mr.electric39
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Any one else dig Wolfmother? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any one else dig Wolfmother?   Any one else dig Wolfmother? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 3:57 pm

I'll trade ya. I'm interested in checking it out, but not paying for it. Haha.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any one else dig Wolfmother?   Any one else dig Wolfmother? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 6:31 pm

Yeah, I have Wolmother's album and I'm looking forward to the new album that should be coming out sometime this year. The singer reminds me of a band from the 70's WHITE WITCH. But Wolfmother is way more heavier than them.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Any one else dig Wolfmother?   Any one else dig Wolfmother? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 10:12 pm

Absolutely! I like the 1970's hard rock vibe they have alot. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Any one else dig Wolfmother?   Any one else dig Wolfmother? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 10:40 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I'll trade ya. I'm interested in checking it out, but not paying for it. Haha.

Cool. Whatcha got for trade? PM me.

ult

Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

PostSubject: Re: Any one else dig Wolfmother?   Any one else dig Wolfmother? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 12:41 am

Personally I think Wolfmother rules, The Sword rules, and Priestess rules, and pretty much every other band metioned in this thread I'm a HUGE stoner rock/retro rock fan so all these bands are right up my alley.

I'll take this time to recommend Witch to everyone they rule the've got a much more doomy sound than The Sword or Priestess they play a really good mix of 70's hard rock meets Doom Metal. Their singer's got the ozzy/plant type of soaring wail so if you dig a lot of the bands mentioned in the thread check 'em out
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Any one else dig Wolfmother?   Any one else dig Wolfmother? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 9:32 am

Bad news for Wolfmother fans...

Australian Grammy Award-winning rock band WOLFMOTHER has announced the resignation of bass/keyboard player Chris Ross and drummer Myles Heskett effective immediately.

Singer/guitarist Andrew Stockdale now plans to find other musicians over coming months and to then begin making a new WOLFMOTHER album.

WOLFMOTHER toured the world virtually non-stop through 2006 and early 2007 on the back of its acclaimed self-titled debut album. Longstanding frictions within the group then lead it to take an extended break during the second half of 2007 to consider its future.

In early 2008 the band regrouped and worked on new material. Initially encouraged by those sessions, they committed to a handful of live shows to "road-test" the new songs and to try to find a way forward.

Those dates concluded with a headlining slot last Sunday (August 3) at the Splendour In The Grass Festival in Australia's Byron Bay where rumors circulated about possible lineup changes.

Following that show, Chris Ross decided to announce that he was leaving the band due to irreconcilable personal and musical differences. Myles Heskett has also opted to exit the group rather than continue as part of a changed lineup. The pair has been working together on songs for some time and they plan to focus their energies on that new project in the future.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any one else dig Wolfmother?   Any one else dig Wolfmother? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 9:36 am

I like Mike Patton's take on this band.

Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Any one else dig Wolfmother?   Any one else dig Wolfmother? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 10:02 am

Angry, angry Mike Patton. As much as I like Wolfmother, his response is hilarious.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Any one else dig Wolfmother?   Any one else dig Wolfmother? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 1:26 pm

Wolfmother is very cool, reminds me of Black Sabbath/Grand Funk Railroad hybrid with some stoner rock thrown in, even the aging hippies at Rolling Stone magazine like them, but don't hold that agaisnt them!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any one else dig Wolfmother?   Any one else dig Wolfmother? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 3:36 pm

Smindas wrote:
Angry, angry Mike Patton. As much as I like Wolfmother, his response is hilarious.
It's not, though. He sounds like an ass.

"I'm doing a record of 60s Italian music with an orchestra."

And then...referring to Wolfmother...

"Are you hearing this sh*t? What year are we in?"

He's a douchebag. Always has been. He can do 60s music (and he's done stuff from earlier times as well), but Wolfmother can't do 70s music? What a tool.

Amazing voice. Complete ass.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any one else dig Wolfmother?   Any one else dig Wolfmother? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 4:02 pm

The debut album showed some definite promise. I liked the T-Rex vibe they were able to conjure up and they were actually FUN...remember when it was okay for a band to be FUN?

I'll be interested to hear what they do next...not really concerned with the lineup change since the singer/guitarist is really the main cog in the machine anyway. I think they should consider expanding to a 4-piece and adding a B3 player full-time, would make for an interesting sound.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Any one else dig Wolfmother?   Any one else dig Wolfmother? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 4:02 pm

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong Eyesore, he's a complete ass. But his complete overreaction amuses me.

PostSubject: Re: Any one else dig Wolfmother?   Any one else dig Wolfmother? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 5:13 pm

Smindas wrote:
Oh yeah, don't get me wrong Eyesore, he's a complete ass. But his complete overreaction amuses me.
Oh, it was a funny reaction, no doubt. But he doesn't realize how much of an ass he is. He literally said he was doing 60s music two sentences before making fun of a band for doing 70s music, acting like they're not relevant. Patton is a great talent, but an immense waste. 90% of his output is complete crap.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Any one else dig Wolfmother?   Any one else dig Wolfmother? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 7:07 pm

Yeah, he doesn't realize. I was writing for a magazine during the early Lollapalooza era, and I sounded just like that unfortunately. I pray nobody ever dredges up those reviews, as I insulted some really good bands because I was so impressed by my cutting edgeness. Embarrassing.
But to answer Mike's questions:
1. What year are we in? I don't know but Mike's clearly in about 1991.
2. Are we really that stupid? Yes, and I'm ok with it.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Any one else dig Wolfmother?   Any one else dig Wolfmother? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 7:19 pm

This band's debut was just too retro for me. I don't have a problem with 70s hard rock but this band seemed to go overboard, even re-creating the production of the 70s.

Just not my thing. I'd trade my copy in a heartbeat.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

PostSubject: Re: Any one else dig Wolfmother?   Any one else dig Wolfmother? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 7:44 pm

This is a pretty old thread, and I gotta say that Wolfmother has grown on me. They are far from (far from!) the best retro band out there; but I've collected a whole mess of retro type bands since, and I listen to it all the time. I'd justify myself to Mike Patton by pointing out that I really enjoy this type of music, and it's one thing for a younger person to discover the "authentic" early 70's bands; but they should keep in mind that some of us have been listening to a lot of the same stuff forever. As much as I still like the old stuff it does get old, so it's nice to see some new bands and ideas come along. Of course one does want to hear some new ideas added to the old sound, so I understand people who just see Wolfmother as pointless regurgitation. There are bands that I feel that way about sometimes too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any one else dig Wolfmother?   Any one else dig Wolfmother? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 9:54 pm

tohostudios wrote:
This band's debut was just too retro for me. I don't have a problem with 70s hard rock but this band seemed to go overboard, even re-creating the production of the 70s.

Just not my thing. I'd trade my copy in a heartbeat.
Should have told me that a while back. I got a copy from Ult, and I actually like it. For whatever reason, the guy's vocals just turned me off. So I disregarded them. But after a few spins I accepted it. No idea why his voice bothered me, though, because I probably have 20 other CDs with singers that sound nearly identical. Weird.

I think it may have partially been the mainstream reaction to the band. Them and Jet; both bands bothered me. Now I like both. It happens to the best of us. Laughing
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Any one else dig Wolfmother?   Any one else dig Wolfmother? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:36 am

I tried getting into this band but never could.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Any one else dig Wolfmother?   Any one else dig Wolfmother? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:42 am

Though this was a better fit in the R 'n' R room. If you disagree, sue me! Laughing

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Any one else dig Wolfmother?   Any one else dig Wolfmother? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:49 am

kmorg wrote:
Though this was a better fit in the R 'n' R room. If you disagree, sue me! Laughing

My lawyers will be contacting you.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Any one else dig Wolfmother?   Any one else dig Wolfmother? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 6:21 pm

I like Jet a lot more than Wolfmother.

PostSubject: Re: Any one else dig Wolfmother?   Any one else dig Wolfmother? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 3:09 am

I love Wolfmother its a damn shame Myles and Chris quit I really loved Myles drumming
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

PostSubject: Re: Any one else dig Wolfmother?   Any one else dig Wolfmother? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 7:21 pm

Where are they all now? I know that The Sword followed up (nicely), and Witch followed up poorly (abandoned their "laid back" sound) in 2008. I see that Wolfmother was in disarray at last report. And where is Priestess?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any one else dig Wolfmother?   Any one else dig Wolfmother? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 7:25 pm

Actually, I think the best band of this bunch is Witchcraft.

Any one else dig Wolfmother? - Page 3 Witchcraft-TheAlchemist

Followed closely by Graveyard and Dead Man.

(and they all come from the same city)
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Any one else dig Wolfmother?   Any one else dig Wolfmother? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 7:28 pm

Looks like the "Hipster Metal" movement has run out of legs! Laughing

I think i've read in the newspaper lately that Stockdale had assembled a new band and is currently working on a new album or something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any one else dig Wolfmother?   Any one else dig Wolfmother? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any one else dig Wolfmother?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next