Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any one else dig Wolfmother?

Go down 
+19
White_Mage
the sentinel
caniplaywithmadness?
rattpoison
fingers
TheGooch
SAHB Healer
Todd Jaymz
AchrisK
Wicked Rick
MetalGuy71
krokus
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
Smindas
mc666
spiritoradio
mr.electric39
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

Any one else dig Wolfmother? Empty
PostSubject: Any one else dig Wolfmother?   Any one else dig Wolfmother? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2007 10:10 pm

A buddy of mine burned me a copy... more in a 70's hard rock vein than metal.. but it rocks... anyone else???

frankly it sounds like it was made in the 70's.... not knock against them... much rawer....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Any one else dig Wolfmother?   Any one else dig Wolfmother? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2007 11:02 pm

I think Wolfmother would be better without the whiny vocalist. I think I could dig them, though, given a chance. But I am weary, so I own nothing by them.

The best neo-retro (is that possible?) band I've heard is Priestess. Have you heard them? They're awesome! Check them out:

PRIESTESS - I AM THE NIGHT, COLOUR ME BLACK
PRIESTESS - LAY DOWN
PRIESTESS - RUN HOME
PRIESTESS - TALK TO HER
PRIESTESS - BLOOD (stupid fan-made Warcraft video)

🤘
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Any one else dig Wolfmother?   Any one else dig Wolfmother? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2007 12:46 am

I like Wolfmother. Have you heard The Sword yet, there pretty Sabbath-ish and sweet.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Any one else dig Wolfmother?   Any one else dig Wolfmother? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2007 2:01 am

i don't care for the vocals at all. that makes or breaks bands with me.

Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Any one else dig Wolfmother?   Any one else dig Wolfmother? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2007 8:49 am

I think Wolfmother are great. I don't mind the vocals at all, I think they work well with the music.

PostSubject: Re: Any one else dig Wolfmother?   Any one else dig Wolfmother? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2007 1:07 pm

The Sword are very, very good, too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any one else dig Wolfmother?   Any one else dig Wolfmother? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2007 1:23 pm

I like Wolfmother....like Sabbath meets The Stooges...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Any one else dig Wolfmother?   Any one else dig Wolfmother? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2007 1:31 pm

Eh, they're OK I guess.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Any one else dig Wolfmother?   Any one else dig Wolfmother? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2007 2:05 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Eh, they're OK I guess.

That's what I thought when I heard them. Nothing spectacular.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Any one else dig Wolfmother?   Any one else dig Wolfmother? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2007 2:05 pm

I bought the cd but gave it away to my girlfriend.
I love 70s hard rock but i prefere the classics. With 80s metal its different because i love bands of today playing 80s heavy metal, but 70s hard rock played by new bands is not my thing. Strange but true.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Any one else dig Wolfmother?   Any one else dig Wolfmother? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2007 2:16 pm

I like The Sword and someone in work told me that I'd probably like Wolfmother as well, but as of yet, I haven't really had the chance to hear them aside from the one single I heard, Woman. I kinda dig it.
Back to top Go down
Wicked Rick
Metal novice
Metal novice
Wicked Rick

Number of posts : 61

PostSubject: Re: Any one else dig Wolfmother?   Any one else dig Wolfmother? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2007 2:34 pm

Friend of mine played one song & I did like.
My friend likes Wolfmother alot, but he did not like The Sword, which suprised me. I have The Sword cd & it is good. Another good doom band is Las Cruces. Give them a try when you get a chance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any one else dig Wolfmother?   Any one else dig Wolfmother? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2007 3:18 pm

Las Cruces are amazing! Too bad their albums are virtually impossible to find these days. Members have formed Blood Of The Sun, though, and they're a killer stoner-like band. Also, Las Cruces are working on a new album, to my knowledge.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

PostSubject: Re: Any one else dig Wolfmother?   Any one else dig Wolfmother? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2007 5:29 pm

the vocals didn't bother me. I'm just hoping we'll continue to get more mainstream releases like this. I mean which would I rather have .... Wolfmother and Jet or Blink 182, 50 cent and Snoop dog.

Good mainstream rock on radio would be a better choice than some of the dirge that is currently played.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any one else dig Wolfmother?   Any one else dig Wolfmother? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2007 11:06 pm

Purchased the CD when she came out and didn't really find anything to mesh myself in...nothing really clicked with me and the tunes...

Couple months pass and I move my ass into rez and a roomie of mine were all over them...played the album like it was his job...and I gotta admit, the riffs and darn right decent with solid production to fit the atmosphere of the album, and I do dig the vocals, though I can see their next album being kinda bland for some reason or another...

C'mon ppl, whoever has the balls to name 'White Unicorn' as a title track should at least be given the benefit of the doubt
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Any one else dig Wolfmother?   Any one else dig Wolfmother? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 7:14 am

I suppose what I heard ain't too bad. Hey Tight'N'Steel, love the avatar !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any one else dig Wolfmother?   Any one else dig Wolfmother? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 11:22 am

I hate them my friend never stops listening to em....F*** THEM
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any one else dig Wolfmother?   Any one else dig Wolfmother? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 4:43 pm

Mastershake wrote:
I hate them my friend never stops listening to em....F*** THEM
Make love, not war.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any one else dig Wolfmother?   Any one else dig Wolfmother? Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 2:44 am

ahah preciate the props 007, Beaker is a beauty...

I'm a DJ for a couple more days till I'm off for the northern Ontario scene, but anyways I played White Unicorn, Woman, Dimension and Joker & The Thief at the place I was doin' over the corse of the 10 hr shift and I got a few lads and lassies coming up to me at random times and asked me who did that last song etc...so, definetly Wolfmother has a the catchy licks and fanfare for the common man to carry on.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Any one else dig Wolfmother?   Any one else dig Wolfmother? Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 12:11 pm

I like Wolfmother pretty well. My 13 year old son loves them. I also recently got The Sword's CD, and it rocks!

ack
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Any one else dig Wolfmother?   Any one else dig Wolfmother? Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2007 8:32 pm

Picked up Wolfmother Saturday for cheap in a used shop. I'm liking it. Has a nice retro feel. The singer is reminecent of a young Robert Plant.

They might not be breaking any new ground, but it's nice to see a young band making new music with a nod to the old-school. However I do fear that in another 10 years, we'll hear bands saying "Yea, I grew up listening to Korn and Limp Bizcut and they really had a big influence on our sound" Smile
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

PostSubject: Re: Any one else dig Wolfmother?   Any one else dig Wolfmother? Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2007 9:55 pm

Never heard the Sword.... sound like???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any one else dig Wolfmother?   Any one else dig Wolfmother? Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2007 9:59 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Eh, they're OK I guess.

That's what I thought when I heard them. Nothing spectacular.
I agree with you Scott.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any one else dig Wolfmother?   Any one else dig Wolfmother? Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 1:09 am

mr.electric39 wrote:
Never heard the Sword.... sound like???
They've got that Sabbath sound with a little doom, but they've got some serious uptempo metal jams. They're young, so the elitists talk trash about them a lot. They're awesome, though. Check these out:

IRON SWAN (Demo)
FREYA
THE SWORD - EBETHRON
THE SWORD - BARAEL'S BLADE
WINTER WOLVES (Video)

More here: http://www.myspace.com/thesword
Back to top Go down
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: Any one else dig Wolfmother?   Any one else dig Wolfmother? Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 5:55 pm

The imo is ok, few catchy tunes and a few not. This thread is heading for the genre of Stoner Rock haha, btw that is the worst title for this type of music haha. I like whoever posted Retro Rock much better-TJ
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any one else dig Wolfmother?   Any one else dig Wolfmother? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any one else dig Wolfmother?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next