Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wolfmother

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Wolfmother Empty
PostSubject: Wolfmother   Wolfmother Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 4:54 am

So Wolfmother pulled a Beyonce yesterday and released a new album with no prior promotion.

http://wolfmother.bandcamp.com/album/new-crown

Wolfmother A2542310325_10

Digital only right now. Not sure if that'll change, but it's cheap enough. It's great so far.

Last edited by Eyesore on Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
deathisgain
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
deathisgain

Number of posts : 285

Wolfmother Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolfmother   Wolfmother Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 9:32 am

I didn't even know they were still around. I thought Andrew shut it down and went on his own. This is cool. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathisgain.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Wolfmother Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolfmother   Wolfmother Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 1:41 pm

deathisgain wrote:
I didn't even know they were still around. I thought Andrew shut it down and went on his own. This is cool. Thanks!

He did. I guess the solo album didn't go over very well. Shame too, it's such a great album. But without the Wolfmother name on it, noone knew or cared.

Glad he's putting more new music out regardless of what moniker it's under. Just hope it eventually makes it to a physical cd. I hardly listen to stuff when it's a download. I tend to forget about it.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Wolfmother Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolfmother   Wolfmother Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 5:09 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
deathisgain wrote:

He did. I guess the solo album didn't go over very well. Shame too, it's such a great album. But without the Wolfmother name on it, noone knew or cared.

Glad he's putting more new music out regardless of what moniker it's under. Just hope it eventually makes it to a physical cd. I hardly listen to stuff when it's a download. I tend to forget about it.

It's not even a solo album; it's a Wolfmother album, recorded by the whole band.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Wolfmother Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolfmother   Wolfmother Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 5:25 pm

Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
deathisgain wrote:

It's not even a solo album; it's a Wolfmother album, recorded by the whole band.

Yea, I saw that. Him and 2 other new guys. For whatever reason, Stockdale seems to have a hard time keeping band members. And it's all new recordings, right? Not like, left-over tracks or b-sides they had lying around. Although I guess it doesn't really matter does it? They'd all be new to me.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Wolfmother Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolfmother   Wolfmother Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 6:05 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
deathisgain wrote:

Yea, I saw that. Him and 2 other new guys. For whatever reason, Stockdale seems to have a hard time keeping band members. And it's all new recordings, right? Not like, left-over tracks or b-sides they had lying around. Although I guess it doesn't really matter does it? They'd all be new to me.

No, I meant Stockdale's solo album. That was recorded with the entire band, meant to be the third Wolfmother album. But then he decided to go solo and he released it under his own name.

I don't know if this new album consists of all new material, but I don't recognize any of it. It's a bit more raw then the past albums, but with it being a totally independent thing, I guess the rawer production is kind of expected.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Wolfmother Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolfmother   Wolfmother Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 11:37 am

Bump for new album info...

Quote :
Australian rock band WOLFMOTHER will release its new album, "Victorious", on February 19 via Universal Music Enterprises. Fans around the world got a sneak preview of the album yesterday when WOLFMOTHER premiered two tracks — "Victorious" and "City Lights" — via Spotify.

Fans can get "Victorious" and "City Lights" as instant downloads by pre-ordering "Victorious" on iTunes. The CD is also available for pre-order through Amazon.

WOLFMOTHER will support "Victorious" with a headline tour of North America set to kick off February 24 at First Avenue in Minneapolis. On November 30 at 10 a.m., fans that have signed up for WOLFMOTHER e-mail updates (at Wolfmother.com) will receive a special code to purchase tickets before they are available to the general public. On December 4, tickets go on sale to the general public.

WOLFMOTHER recently teamed with popular enhanced coloring book app Recolor to give fans the opportunity to create their own colorized version of the "Victorious" album art. Recolor was created by premium photo app developer Sumoing.

The follow-up to 2009's "Cosmic Egg" and 2014's "New Crown", the much-anticipated "Victorious" is an electrifying testament to the range and depth of songwriter/vocalist/guitarist Andrew Stockdale's artistry. Recorded at Henson Studios in Los Angeles with two-time Grammy-winning producer Brendan O'Brien (PEARL JAM, AC/DC, CHRIS CORNELL, BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN), the songs are edgy, inventive and uncompromising and rank among the band's best ever.

Stockdale began working on the record this past January at his Byron Bay studio in New South Wales, writing on every instrument and embracing the same creative approach he used on the band's debut album a decade ago.

"Back in the early days, I'd play guitar, bass, and drums and then present the ideas to the band and we'd work on the arrangement together," he says. "I thought it would be cool to get back to demoing ideas by myself and playing everything. It's a good way to do things because it can make the style more cohesive."

In addition to vocals, Stockdale played guitar and bass and brought in Josh Freese (NINE INCH NAILS, BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN, A PERFECT CIRCLE) and Joey Waronker (AIR, BECK, REM) to split drum duties.

"We wanted to get back to that big sound," says Stockdale. "The album is a balance of garage-y energy and big production. It's wild, energetic and," he muses, "perfect for a festival main stage."

Wolfmother Wolfmothervictorious

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Wolfmother Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolfmother   Wolfmother Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 1:11 pm

Heard one of the new songs on my phone yesterday. Wasn't impressed. Might have been that I could barely hear it over my screaming kids, though.

And what the hell is going on in that cover? That's how a wolf gets his foot broken!
Back to top Go down

Wolfmother Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolfmother   Wolfmother Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 1:18 pm

It's the wolf-mother overseeing her domain...or something...I like it, has kind of a 60s hippie-sci-fi look to it.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Wolfmother Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolfmother   Wolfmother Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 1:35 pm

I read it's going to be one of those funky lenticular covers, so maybe the wolf momma will be shooting blue lasers out of her eyes!! Pew pew!!

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Wolfmother Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolfmother   Wolfmother Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 11:50 am

Bumping for this Friday's Victorious release. The Best Buy version will have 2 exclusive studio tracks for those interested.

\'arry \'eadbanger

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Wolfmother Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolfmother   Wolfmother Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 12:45 pm

I have their first album and really like it. These guys sort of fell through the cracks for me and I have a lot of catching up to do.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Wolfmother Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolfmother   Wolfmother Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 1:11 pm

the sentinel wrote:
I have their first album and really like it. These guys sort of fell through the cracks for me and I have a lot of catching up to do.

Check Andrew's Stockdale's solo album too. It's like Wolfmother, but not.
http://www.heartofmetal.net/t19545-wolfmother-no-more-andrew-stockdale-solo-project?highlight=wolfmother

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Wolfmother Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolfmother   Wolfmother Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 3:49 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

Check Andrew's Stockdale's solo album too. It's like Wolfmother, but not.
http://www.heartofmetal.net/t19545-wolfmother-no-more-andrew-stockdale-solo-project?highlight=wolfmother

Will do. Thank you, sir.
Back to top Go down
ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

Wolfmother Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolfmother   Wolfmother Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2016 5:39 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Even Wolfmother was "who cares?" on their third album that only scratched the US charts but went nowhere everywhere else. Wolfmother is a one-trick pony that had their one album and nothing ever since even got any interst. They tried too hard to be 70's and failed to come up with something after the novelty of the first album worn off.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Wolfmother Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolfmother   Wolfmother Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 3:10 pm

For those interested, the Best Buy edition of the new album has two bonus tracks.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Wolfmother Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolfmother   Wolfmother Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 3:56 pm

Eyesore wrote:
For those interested, the Best Buy edition of the new album has two bonus tracks.

That's the one I got.

First impressions of the album? It's another Wolfmother album. If you liked their past efforts (I have), you'll probably dig this one too (I do). I don't think this will garner many new fans or put them over the top in sales or radio hits. But what do I know.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Wolfmother Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolfmother   Wolfmother Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 4:23 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

That's the one I got.

First impressions of the album? It's another Wolfmother album. If you liked their past efforts (I have), you'll probably dig this one too (I do). I don't think this will garner many new fans or put them over the top in sales or radio hits. But what do I know.

I just got picked it up about an hour ago. Not expecting anything other than what you describe: Wolfmother.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wolfmother Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolfmother   Wolfmother Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wolfmother
Page 1 of 1