Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What do your parents think of metal?

Go down 
+43
White_Mage
stevegarveyfan
Shiney
tohostudios
Stender
IHATEGENRES
ThrashedOutCobra33
Orion Crystal Ice
KissinMaiden
Chairman_Smith
Tall Tyrion
krokus
7thSecond
nevermore
Vordul
Troublezone
DallasBlack
T-Roy
scottmitchell74
jstate
Damien Solta
candlemass
the sentinel
TheGooch
Sword Of The Heretic
juanmiguel
Thrasher73
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
SAHB Healer
iamrockerfun
AchrisK
stepcousin
spiritoradio
Fat Freddy
Jedilink
GrandNational
Smindas
ultmetal
SideShowDisaSter
mc666
Required Fields
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

What do your parents think of metal? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do your parents think of metal?   What do your parents think of metal? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 8:11 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Remember, less waify blondes for me just means more for you. Razz

It's funny because I don't like "waify" either and I just don't see her as that. Small and petite maybe but not like an emaciated runway model.

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: What do your parents think of metal?   What do your parents think of metal? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 8:14 pm

Quote :
the hardest she ever got was petra

No disprespect to Stender but the above excised line is the best....

My parents both dig the heavy stuff....my Dad moreso than me madre....

The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: What do your parents think of metal?   What do your parents think of metal? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 8:42 pm

Laughing very hard

Did I really write that?
Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: What do your parents think of metal?   What do your parents think of metal? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 9:42 pm

My parents don't particularly like metal. In fact, they would rather not hear it for the most part. But when I was a teenager in the late 80s and got a new thrash album in the mail, my mom would patiently sit with me and listen, because she knew that it meant so much to me. Dad still doesn't like it, but he is OK with my listening to it. On occasion, he will like a little something I have, but usually the softer songs from the groups, if anything.
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

PostSubject: Re: What do your parents think of metal?   What do your parents think of metal? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 2:54 am

My mom has Manowar,Quiet Riot,Judas Preist,AC/DC, Marlyin Manson and Dragonforce for jogging music

My Dad has Def Leppard and Whitesnake T-shirts as well as admitting If he saw Judas Presit Live that he'd be headbanging (and he's balding)

They went with me to see Slayer and I'm almost 99% sure I was conceved at an AC/DC concert

NUFF SAID 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do your parents think of metal?   What do your parents think of metal? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 3:01 am

ontop of what Whitemage said my 'rents use to darken the room we slept in as babies with judas priest and pink floyd flags, I always constitly get mad at my mom for tossing her old old record collection. We have had nice family dinner conversations about Alice Cooper, and my mom once got mad at me because we put corpse paint on our faces to go play black metal and she was mad because she wanted to do the corpse paint, and we have a lovley photo of me and my brother all black metaled up and my mom doing her best gene $immons tounge and devil horns we put it in our christmas cards....i love my family
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do your parents think of metal?   What do your parents think of metal? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 11:26 am

My dad and uncle(on my dad's side) are huge metalheads, they introduced me to bands like Zeppelin, Sabbath,Slayer, old Metallica, Megadeth, Priest, Pantera, Sepultura, ect. I live with my mom yhough and she brought me up on stuff like Korn, Static-X, Limp Bizkit, early Slipknot and stuff like Barenaked Ladies and Green Day and my aunt brought me up on rap like Wu-Tang Clan, Public Enemy, 2Pac, Biggie, while my other uncle loved Eminem so that's probably why i like more Nu-Metal, Rap, Alternative than most "true" metalheads, Eminem's probably like my favorite musician ever, followed by Dime, Dickinson, and Schaffer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do your parents think of metal?   What do your parents think of metal? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 11:27 am

Black_Mage wrote:
ontop of what Whitemage said my 'rents use to darken the room we slept in as babies with judas priest and pink floyd flags, I always constitly get mad at my mom for tossing her old old record collection. We have had nice family dinner conversations about Alice Cooper, and my mom once got mad at me because we put corpse paint on our faces to go play black metal and she was mad because she wanted to do the corpse paint, and we have a lovley photo of me and my brother all black metaled up and my mom doing her best gene $immons tounge and devil horns we put it in our christmas cards....i love my family

friggin' awesome!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do your parents think of metal?   What do your parents think of metal? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 11:36 am

I have my parents to thank for turning me into a serious rock/metal fan.

1. My Mother told me that when I was 3 months old the only album my father played around the house was Paranoid...she remembers me sitting in the crib tapping my fingers in time to Iron Man (true story).

2. My Mother took me to my first rock concert when I was 4 years old...The Doobie Brothers. A few years later we went and saw them again and UFO was the opening act.

3. My Father turned me onto Queen, Rush, King Crimson, Uriah Heep, Blue Cheer, Deep Purple, etc.

4. My Mother liked alot of the bands I listened to during the 80's/early 90's. She even went and saw King's X with me...twice!
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: What do your parents think of metal?   What do your parents think of metal? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 12:57 pm

I know both of my parents grew up listening to Led Zeppelin and I know my dad listened to Alice Cooper and the Stones also. I guess they support(ed) metal in *some* way at *some* point. They got'em on vinyl out in the garage along with tons of lame 70s pop/rock acts.

Ever since *I've* known'em though, they haven't listened to rock. I'm a very private person, so even though they knew I was into metal & hard rock growing up, I was never in your face about it (dressing like a metalhead, posters in the room, cranking the music really loud), so I never gave them the chance to crack down on it and speak of metal's evil. Razz

The only time I remember having a discussion about rock & metal was with my mom one time and she was telling me how controversial Led Zeppelin were to the adults of her time growing up and that they were a heavy band for their time.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: What do your parents think of metal?   What do your parents think of metal? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 2:58 am

TURN IT DOWN!!!

I HAVE A HEADACHE!!!

IF YOU WANNA LIVE IN THIS HOUSE YOU BETTER CUT THAT HAIR! !!!
Back to top Go down
Daybreaker
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 31

PostSubject: Re: What do your parents think of metal?   What do your parents think of metal? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 12:46 pm

I think my parents hate metal. But my dad at least puts up with me and supports it because well, he's my dad. When I was a kid and he would travel to Argentina or Europe he would tell me to give him a list of bands and he'd come back with Angra, Iron Savior, Blind Guardian, and Rage cds. He'd also take me to see Motley Crue, Iron Maiden, Priest, and stuff before I could drive. So yeah he doesnt like it but likes me so he puts up with it.

The mom hates it, thinks its depressing kill yourself music, used to ask why I kept buying cds dont you have enough, and isn't supportive at all.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: What do your parents think of metal?   What do your parents think of metal? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 6:48 pm

Daybreaker wrote:
I think my parents hate metal. But my dad at least puts up with me and supports it because well, he's my dad. When I was a kid and he would travel to Argentina or Europe he would tell me to give him a list of bands and he'd come back with Angra, Iron Savior, Blind Guardian, and Rage cds. He'd also take me to see Motley Crue, Iron Maiden, Priest, and stuff before I could drive. So yeah he doesnt like it but likes me so he puts up with it.

The mom hates it, thinks its depressing kill yourself music, used to ask why I kept buying cds dont you have enough, and isn't supportive at all.

they dont mind buts its always like "oh dont you have enough cds" NO. sure i dont buy as many as i used too though
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: What do your parents think of metal?   What do your parents think of metal? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 8:28 am

TheGooch wrote:
Daybreaker wrote:

they dont mind buts its always like "oh dont you have enough cds" NO. sure i dont buy as many as i used too though

There is no such thing as enough CDs and many here can back me up on that. CDs are an additciton I could never satisfy-more so than others since I tend to be less picky than most (for instance, if a band is a carbon copy of another one in sound, as long as the music is really good, I'll get it or want it).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: What do your parents think of metal?   What do your parents think of metal? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 6:14 pm

Mom: thinks it's satanic garbage that's poisoning my mind

Dad: doesn't really care too much about music in general

it's a wonderful house, full of
"TURN THAT GUITAR DOWN AND GO TO BED!!!!"
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: What do your parents think of metal?   What do your parents think of metal? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 12:58 am

mc666 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
My mother took me to my first concert! Def Leppard and Queensryche. She likes Krokus and Dio and whatnot. Of course, she's annoying as all hell now, at 50 years old, she's listening to other stuff like Clay Aiken, Chris Daughtry, and Josh Grobin. sick
maybe she'll take you to your first Clay Aiken concert too. laughing

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: What do your parents think of metal?   What do your parents think of metal? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 10:53 pm

Since some people have given the "Are you still buying CDs?" stuff, especially in more recent years, my parents have given me similar comments.

I actually played Vektor's Black Future CD in the car one night earlier this year when my father and I went to a movie. I didn't really have it on that loud, but he actually seemed to like a few parts of it, and complimented the musicianship in the band on the way back.

My mother never was a metal fan, but she would much rather listen to metal than say, Ke$ha.

They're pretty much the most tolerant of metal amongst the relatives I have in their age group. The other relatives in their age group I have openly can't stand it, and even refuse to listen to classic hard rock like AC/DC, Guns N' Roses, Van Halen, etc. So considering my tastes are more in the vein of death metal and thrash metal, I imagine their heads would explode if they heard 99% of what's in my CD collection.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do your parents think of metal?   What do your parents think of metal? - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do your parents think of metal?
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5